bbyhill
    bbyhill's Avatar Become A Pro!

Synthetic surfaces

What do you think about them.How do you aproach handicapping them.

ShamsWoof10
    ShamsWoof10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

A friend of mine sells this stuff... It's more "Golf Greens" but he can do football fields too... We tried to get my old HS to buy one but they would not do it...

To answer your question I don't know how it would factor into cappin' a game... I can tell you the drainage with the new stuff and it's quality is far better then it once was but I am sure that's obvious...

I doubt this helps but this is how it is laid...

First they escavade (bad spelling) the field and lay down about 6 inches of limestone (this is the most expensive part by far)... Then they put a net or buffer/divider over the limestone and of course then the turf is laid over that... After that they add a mix of sand and rubber (there is a name for it but I don't remember it) which is top dressing laid over the turf that is why you see that black sh*t fly everywhere... After a few years fields usually get a dark tint because that rubber sh*t gets spread out and is on top of the suface... The turf also matts down after about 5 years...

It could be better but it's far better then anything before it that's for sure...

bbyhill
    bbyhill's Avatar Become A Pro!

im talking about the new Polytrack at some horse tracks mostly cali.