trifectabx
    trifectabx's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hollywood Pick 6

Anyone betting the pick 6 tomorrow? Any good single?? Post your picks and maybe we can hit this baby.

bbyhill
    bbyhill's Avatar Become A Pro!

INGLEWOOD, Calif. - Masterpiece, a stakes winner at Del Mar during the summer, will attempt to win his first race on a synthetic track in a $58,000 allowance race at Hollywood Park on Wednesday.

Many bettors may be banking on him to do that to make Wednesday's pick six a little easier. The bet begins with a $143,528 carryover from Sunday.

Trainer Peter Eurton has taken every precaution to have the 7-year-old Masterpiece ready for his fourth race of the year on Wednesday.

Each time that Masterpiece has a workout, he is sent to trainer Vladimir Cerin's home near Santa Anita for a pure oxygen treatment in a hyperbaric chamber that helps horses recover from strenuous exercise.

"I think he thinks he's going to a spa," Eurton said. "The day of his work, he's picked up at 11 or so and he goes in the chamber that day. The next morning, he goes back in it again. Then they pick him and bring him back to the barn."

The procedure has allowed Masterpiece to stay in training despite a severe bleeding problem. During the summer, Masterpiece won the restricted Brubaker Handicap at 1 1/16 miles on turf at Del Mar in his second start of 2007. He followed that race with a fourth-place finish in the Robert Carey Memorial Handicap at Hawthorne on Sept. 29, leading to the stretch before fading to finish three lengths behind Classic Campaign.

"I don't think he enjoyed it too much," Eurton said of the Chicago experience. "He was pulling from start to finish. It was like he wasn't getting a hold of it. He likes a quicker, shorter type of turf. You don't find that very much except here in California."

Wednesday's race will be Masterpiece's first start on a synthetic track since a fourth-place finish in an allowance race here in July, his first start of the year.

"He took the lead and hung on me, but he bled in the race," Eurton said. "I also felt that he might have needed a race anyway. He's a big, heavy horse."

Eurton said Masterpiece has trained well on the Cushion Track. "It's either run in this, or sit on him for another three, four, or five weeks" and wait for a turf race, he said.

Masterpiece drew the rail and has four opponents - Fly Dorcego, Mr. Katz, Sohgol, and Worchester - none of whom has won a stakes this year.

Sohgol was second in the Grade 3 Wilshire Handicap on turf here in April and is making her first start on a synthetic track. She is the lone mare in the field of five.

The pick six covers the third through eighth races. There are three turf races and three on the synthetic main track.

The third race, a sprint for statebred maiden claimers, drew eight entrants, including class droppers L.A. Phil, Salah, The Ivan Show, and Wild Places.

Trainer Jeff Mullins has an excellent chance to win the fourth race, an optional claimer at 1 1/4 miles on turf. He starts Soupy and Stylin Cat, who won their last starts. There will be support for Mi Arcobaleno, beaten as the favorite at Santa Anita on Oct. 18.

The fifth race drew an oversubscribed field of 16 $10,000 claimers. The six-furlong race will be limited to 14 starters. Figuring to dominate the betting are Dark Past, a front-running winner on Nov. 2; Smokin Forest, a winner at Santa Anita on Oct. 25; and Manhattan Express, second in a $12,500 claimer on Oct. 17.

The sixth race has several contenders, including Seeking Answers, who has been second and first in two starts for Jack Carava. A closer, he must catch Minister Blair and the 9-year-old gelding Truly a Judge, who is winless in his last 10 starts.

Masterpiece runs in the seventh race, which is followed by a maiden race for 2-year-old fillies at 1 1/16 miles on turf.

Likely to figure on many tickets are Amybelle, fourth in the Hidden Light Stakes on Oct. 26, and Wilshire Boulevard, a troubled ninth in her debut on Oct. 20.

trifectabx

Thanks Bbyhill Anyone else playing out there?? Post your play guys.

Here's my pick6 ticket.
    Race#3 3,7
    Race#4 3
    Race#5 4,5,9,11
    Race#6 1,8
    Race#7 3
    Race#8 2,4,8
    $96 investment to hit a big one.
    I also play the running pick 3's and pick 4.
    $24 investment on the pick 4. $8 and $6 for the pick 3's..
    Any of these hits will have value on it.

bbyhill

im not playing today got to go to work in an hour
    gl trifectabx

bbyhill

you might want to add rc 8 #1 gorgeous goose

louisvillekid
    slummin it
    louisvillekid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3822

GL today Tribox

swifty
    swifty's Avatar Become A Pro!

GL today Tribox

trifectabx

Quote Originally Posted by bbyhill View Post
    you might want to add rc 8 #1 gorgeous goose
    Bbyhill..I didn't see your post ti'll after I had the ticket purchased. If I added your 1 on the 8th and singled 1 on the 7th instead of #3.. I would be collecting some hefty pick 5.. $1213.60 x8times.. DAMN.. Race #3 7 late scratch and #3 won as the favorite. I have 4 runners on race 5..
    After reading your post actually made me decide to go against #1 Masterpiece.. I couldn't decide between 3 or 1.. The past bleeding was my concern.. I guess it's all good now. Lone speed in a small field.. Oh wells.. Almost bbyhill.. There's always next time.

bbyhill

just got home from work and saw my rc8 #1 pick hit.maybe next time.wonder if slew played or hit it

trifectabx

$110K for the pick 6 payout.. NICE..

bbyhill

yes i saw the results big payoff

bbyhill

trifectabx are you playing any tracks fri.Im off friday and will probably play all day.Dont know what track other than hollywood off saturday to so will be playing some
    Last edited by bbyhill; 11-14-07 at 09:53 PM.

trifectabx

Fri they run nights at Hollywood. I'll be playing this sat. Back to picking pick4...
    I'll be looking for your picks.

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9590

Didn't see the post. Damn. Nice pick.

just got home from work and saw my rc8 #1 pick hit.maybe next time.wonder if slew played or hit it

bbyhill

slew havent heard from u in a while

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9590

I rarely play during November and December, and even into January and Febraury. I learned a long time ago I can't handicap Calder and Gulfstream.

Plus, this was my worst horse betting year since 2001. I lost more in 2006 than 2003, 04 and 05 combined. I'm not a huge player, so ready to regroup in January but always look for key horses if they're still running in November and December.

How you do in 2006?

slew havent heard from u in a while
    Last edited by Seattle Slew; 11-16-07 at 12:42 AM.

bbyhill

Im also down for this year and this year is probably the worst for me to.I like the first of the year also I like to play Gulfstream.Hollywood is not myfavorite track in cali to bet on but this year has been alright.Cant wait for Santa Anita to start in Dec.I havent done much at the big A so im lalying off this meet.