Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9450

ESPN sucks

What's with this shifting camera angles every five yards during the race? You can't follow any horses.

What a bunch of assholes. They don't know what the hell they are doing.

Don't just show the regular angle, that makes too much sense.

bbyhill
    bbyhill's Avatar Become A Pro!

thought it would be better televised this year

pats3peat
    LETS GO PATS
    pats3peat's Avatar Become A Pro!

Chris Berman needs to do horse coverage.

cobra_king
    cobra_king's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 36693

Ok that camera work was DISGUSTING!! You'd think Pyro was winning the race. Didn't show War Pass the entire length of the stretch!! Might be time to flip on my local off track channel so i can follow the races properly.

Seattle Slew

Reminds me of the year NBC had the crazy rail angle for all the races back in 2000. They said during the broadcast "this is the new way to cover horse racing. We're not changing it under any circumstances."

They get ripped so bad in the press and by horse fans, it never came back.

If you go to the Breeders Cup site, all the replays in 2000 have that shitty angle if you want to check it out.

This is worse. Plus, the bad weather doesn't help because it's so dark, so you really have no idea who's gaining/treading water. Awful.

bbyhill
    bbyhill's Avatar Become A Pro!

this is absolutely some of the worst coverage i could do better than that

Seattle Slew

Also way too long a broadcast: 8 races in 6 1/2 hours. 35 minutes between races. You'd think ESPN was getting a cut of the window action.

NBC used to cover 8 races in 5 hours, or just about 20 minutes between races once the first one went off at 1:20.

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I didn't watch ESPN, watched live streaming with the TVG guys on Breeders Cup.com..

Really enjoyed Matt C,Todd S, Mr.Bray and Kurt Hoover discussing the races all day. People on ESPN don't know Shit about horses.

ESPN is for the casual race fan not the hardcore horse players like us.

Seattle Slew

I'll remember that next year. I'll never watch ESPN again for the Breeders Cup.

Add in a bunch of losing tickets, so it was a rough day. I at least want to SEE my horse run last.

Quote Originally Posted by imgv94 View Post
    I didn't watch ESPN, watched live streaming with the TVG guys on Breeders Cup.com..

Really enjoyed Matt C,Todd S, Mr.Bray and Kurt Hoover discussing the races all day. People on ESPN don't know Shit about horses.

ESPN is for the casual race fan not the hardcore horse players like us.

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I really hope they do the TVG stream again next year. Strongly recommend it.

It was a good day of racing, I broke about even made a couple of scores. Should of had Curlin still pissed off. Would of had a big day if Dylan Thomas won.

Sorry u lost Slew.

kdmfox
    kdmfox's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

I can't say I was disturbed over the coverage ... I was mainly watching college football and flipping over to watch the races ... I do prefer TVG coverage over ESPN although Jeannine is my pal ... That Hank Goldberg goes right up my spine.

Had a huge day Friday but gave some back on Saturday.

tblues2005
    tblues2005's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7184

I went to the track here and I did pretty bad at first then I hit the last superfecta for two ten cent superfectas and it made my day. I actually thought it would pay more than it did but I will take it though.

sharktank1
    sharktank1's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yes, TVG was definitly the way to watch this year's B.C.

As for Hank Goldberg, the only one that was worse, was that bloke from England.

Congrats to all those who cashed 2007 B.C. tickets!

swifty
    swifty's Avatar Become A Pro!

wtg on all your winning, I would of lost on all ticket's next year will be much better.