ritehook
    ritehook's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Breeders' Cup Races Begin Tomorrow - FRIDAY!

A bit different this year.

On Friday, three new million dollar BC cup races have been added, with narrower categories. Along with other good races from Monmouth Park.

On Saturday, the traditional 8 BC races will be run. Along, I think, with a few otehr races. Everything on ESPN

The Racing Forms for Friday should be out today or tonight sometime in most parts of the U.S.

Hope little Monmouth Park is up to this. Relatives told me that on Haskell Day their tote board was down for the first three races. And that the track itself may not survive if it doesn't get slot machnes and become a racino. But Atlantic City is against that . . .

Art Vandeleigh
    Art Vandeleigh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 459

Can't believe it's been 20 years since I went to my first Breeder's Cup at Hollywood Park in 1987, I was following a horse named Judge Angelucci, who had a lot of early speed, and HollyPark was such a speed track that year. Had $100 on the nose at 17-1 in the Breeder's Cup Classic on him. Hit the link if you want to see what happened. One of the truly great finishes of a major race you'll ever see.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rk8G8AR7TaM

These races are too tough for me, I never hit anything at the Breeder's Cup, too many European horses shipping in, too many trainer's been hiding horses forms for months waiting for this day, etc. Doesn't mean I won't keep trying. It's the only day I don't mind losing at the races though, it's such a great spectacle.

The Nit
    The Nit's Avatar Become A Pro!

You can get pp's at drf.com for $2.50 right now if you wish. I got mine yesterday. Haven't had a chance to look at them yet. They used to put the equibase pp's on breederscup.com for free. Not sure if they still do - I found them harder to read so I don't bother.

Monmouth Park is such a speed favoring track - going to lean away from Street Sense in the Classic. Maybe play Any Given Saturday or Lawyer Ron.

Dylan Thomas is probably the best bet of the day but it'll be interesting to see how he handles the tight turns at Monmouth. Going 1.5 miles, it shouldn't matter too much.

Looks like with all the rain we're having on the East Coast, it's going to come up sloppy and yielding. That should help the European turfers.

Good luck to everyone who plays.