RJS
    RJS's Avatar Become A Pro!

Victory Rides Stakes

1 1 Appealing Zophie Bridgmohan S X Asmussen Steven M 123 L 10-1

6 races as a 2yo. In it’s 3rd career race ran the fastest it ever had out of 10 lifetime starts/ Matched that effort 3 races ago then bounced terribly. Came back with the last 2 as fair efforts but slow and inconsistent. Could jump forward but would have to just to match old top. Not a big fan.

2 2 Street Sass Borel C H Weaver George 120 L 30-1

Six races as 2yo. Showed a nice pattern of progress. First time out in February fell over another horse and took almost 5 months off. Came back with a nice number, went backwards the next race and then forward again slightly. Should improve again but still not fast enough. Nice odds though and will keep an eye on.

3 3 Russian Gypsy Castellano J J Dollase Wallace 116 L 10-1

Did not race as a 2yo. Has run nice in its first 3 races, improving each time. Probably fourth of fifth fastest horse in race and might continue to improve. Also might bounce. Gets a little weight to help.

4 4 Graeme Six Luzzi M J Amoss Thomas 116 L 9-2

Extremely consistent horse. Runs as consistently as Russian Gypsy’s best race. Seventh race as a 3yo. Six weeks rested but don’t see improving much as it’s numbers were the same in 5 of 6 races this year. The other race on slop.

5 5 Debbie Got Even Desormeaux K J Zito Nicholas P 118 L 15-1

To date it’s numbers are slower than the above two, but I see this horses pattern leading to it’s best race to date right here. How much faster to be seen but I like this horse better than the 3 or 4. Desormeaux / Zito 21% Clip.

6 6 Allude Pino M G Albertrani Thomas 116 L 6-1

second fastest horse in the race. Two very nice numbers in it’s last 2 but in my opinion horse might bounce. If it matches the last 2 efforts though and the fav bounces this could be the winner and at 6-1.

7 7 Time's Mistress Garcia Alan Lukas D Wayne 123 L 20-1

Heavily raced horse whose efforts all over the board. Huge clunker last time. 4 races back great effort that if he duplicates will have him right there. Just cannot tell what the horse will do and since only 1 (maybe 2) of his efforts out of 14 career races he has really shown up for I have to pass. Too unpredictable. Reminds me of my wife.
    8 8 La Traviata Leparoux J R Biancone Patrick L 120 L 5-2

Monster effort last time out in only the second race of it’s career. First race was also very fast with a question of whether this horse was held back in that run. It matches last race no one touches it. However since it was such a big effort horse might bounce. Even if it does bounce might be good enough to win. .

9 9 Musical Start Rosario Y Valdes Aurelio P 120 L 50-1

OK horse that’s really not bad. As fast as the 3 and 4 at much better odds. Nice racing pattern shows it might get a check today and at 30-1

10 10 Featherbed Velazquez J R Pletcher Todd A 120 L 5-1

While other people do not like this horse I do. Lightly raced, only 3 races as a 2yo and 3 this year. Improving in all 3 this year. Another step forward and it’s right in there. With Allude possibly bouncing and the fav only having 2 races under its belt, this could be the Miller Lite Longshot. Meaning, I guess it’s really not a long shot. Watch the board.

11 11 Ticket to Seattle Dominguez R A Klesaris Steve 120 L 20-1

Scratched

12 12 Half Time Crown Velasquez C Gullo Gary P 116 L 30-1

Another horse that is all over the board. This will be its 8th race this year. It’s fastest number puts it even with the 3 and 4 at nice odds. Jockey trainer 0 fer 38.

13 13 Magical Ride Bejarano R Arnold George R II 116 A L 15-1

I guess this could be the Budweiser long shot. First race out as a 2yo ran a monster last July. Then bounced big it’s next two races in August and September. Took 5 months off and ran 3 very similar races. Ran a crap number its last race at Belmont but interesting horse. Not in love with this horse by any means but I must keep an eye on it.

After all is said and done Featherbed and Ticket to Seattle are now scratched. Race stinks to high heaven. Too much inconsistency in this race,. If we can sniff out what will happen it could pay huge. Fav only 2 races in it’s career. Allude good value with great consistency at 6-1. What to play with it? I’ll continue to look and post closer to race time.

RJS
    RJS's Avatar Become A Pro!

While above I said not a big fan of Appealing Zophie, I like the horse a little more now. The 2 scratches, especially Featherbed whom I liked. Since I have no internet at home currently (storms) I will put in final analysis now. I see LaTraviata is the fastest horse and that followed by Allude at 6-1. After that the field is wide open with my next choice going to Appealing Zophie, Graeme Six (consistent and light) and Russian Gypsy with every other horse capable of being there. The 2 top choices could both bounce and its the lotto if neither get a check. Weights come into play (Allude, Graeme Six, etc) and others getting 4-7 pounds. I'll be in church when this race goes off so I might take a shot at a lotto play.