Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13581

Presidents Day Racing

Just been orphaned by my grandchildren. No stock market so I have no choice but to play the ponies.

Anything solid appreciated.

Best,

mrginandtonic
    mrginandtonic's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4536

SA Race 4, The Tisnow, DRF Race of the Day, all the experts picked 5- The Chosen Vron (ML 2-5). seems pretty solid to win, he has won 4 in a row, versatile running style. Seems like a solid single in the Pick 4 & Pick 5.

The other one that I am interested in Race 7, 11- Ava's Storm (ML 8-1), 6f turf Maiden Claiming. First time starter and not a lot of turf pedigree, but what caught my eye is that the damn sire was Afternoon Deelites; haven't heard of that name for a long time. He just recently passed. He was a gutsy little one that always gave his all. I think her odds will most likely drift up, hoping for her to come second. There are quite a few MSW dropping to Maiden claiming in this race; a lot of question marks IMO. The 1- Cuban Crisis will most likely win; she has been knocking on doors for awhile, with Dettori on board, should get a good trip.

Do you see anything you like?? Would love to hear your thoughts. Haven't been doing well lately, need all the help that I can get. thanks in advance.

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3353

Quote Originally Posted by mrginandtonic View Post
    SA Race 4, The Tisnow, DRF Race of the Day, all the experts picked 5- The Chosen Vron (ML 2-5). seems pretty solid to win, he has won 4 in a row, versatile running style. Seems like a solid single in the Pick 4 & Pick 5.

The other one that I am interested in Race 7, 11- Ava's Storm (ML 8-1), 6f turf Maiden Claiming. First time starter and not a lot of turf pedigree, but what caught my eye is that the damn sire was Afternoon Deelites; haven't heard of that name for a long time. He just recently passed. He was a gutsy little one that always gave his all. I think her odds will most likely drift up, hoping for her to come second. There are quite a few MSW dropping to Maiden claiming in this race; a lot of question marks IMO. The 1- Cuban Crisis will most likely win; she has been knocking on doors for awhile, with Dettori on board, should get a good trip.

Do you see anything you like?? Would love to hear your thoughts. Haven't been doing well lately, need all the help that I can get. thanks in advance.
    good call Mr. G&T The #11 placed 2nd at 10/1 nailed late.

mrginandtonic
    mrginandtonic's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4536

Quote Originally Posted by Easy-Rider 66 View Post
    good call Mr. G&T The #11 placed 2nd at 10/1 nailed late.
    Thanks EZ, placed as I was hoping she would; paid $13.60, not bad, kinda disappointed on the 1 though; ruined my Exactas.

Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13581

Quote Originally Posted by mrginandtonic View Post
    Thanks EZ, placed as I was hoping she would; paid $13.60, not bad, kinda disappointed on the 1 though; ruined my Exactas.
    Thank you so much for taking the time to post. I'm EST and after watching 3 hours of chalk, I finally gave up and went elsewhere so I missed your pick. Curiously just before I gave up (I had watched the first 4 at Laurel $6/$6 entry 2nd/2.60/$5), I was on the phone with a friend and they hung Race 5 $200 winner and 27K $1 tri. Not that I would have had it, but in general tough to make $$.

Thanks again!