kdmfox
    kdmfox's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

Tuesday Tidbit

Delaware Race 4

#2 Greenwood Boy

I saw the 1st career start of this horse at Saratoga on 8/1 and put him on my list for the next time out ... He broke slowly and was about 20 lengths last in a field of 9 in a 5.5 furlong race ... He was flying in the stretch and finished 4th beaten 4 lengths after trailing by many.

He shows up tomorrow at Delaware as the 5/2 second choice in a mile race ... The #1 horse is 9/5 ML ... With a better break and the added distance I think he gets it done ... He goes from a 50k maiden claiming at Saratoga to a maiden special weight at Delaware, an arguable step up in class ... Looking at the race on paper he should go off at 3-4 to 1.

4th Race - Delaware Park - Tuesday, August 14th, 2007 MAIDEN SPECIAL WEIGHT. 1 Mile Dirt. Purse $40,000. FOR MAIDENS, TWO YEAR OLDS.

# Horse Odds Jockey Wgt A/S M/E Trainer
    1 Wynn In Command (FL) 9/5 Carlos H. Marquez, Jr. 119 2 C LA Timothy F. Ritchey
    2 Greenwood Boy (FL) 5/2 Roberto Alvarado, Jr. 119 2 C L Gary C. Contessa
    3 Proud Mckee (FL) 6/1 Abel Castellano, Jr. 119 2 C L Randy Nunley
    4 Hoyt Bowne (NY) 8/1 Gabriel Lagunes 119 2 C LA o Martin E. Ciresa
    5 Outofthebook (FL) 12/1 Joseph Rocco, Jr. 119 2 C L b Ruben A. Monjes
    6 Northernexpression (NY) 15/1 Enrique M. Jurado 119 2 C L b Phillester Kelly
    7 Primero Peru (FL) 4/1 Gabriel Saez 119 2 C Jose E. Velez

kdmfox

Finish was #1,#2,#3

oakas
    oakas's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17772

Well kd, I had the right idea to do with your horse. I wheeled him to come in second on the exacta. Unfortunely the dead ass chalk won the race. I lost money.

kdmfox

I hate to make excuses for a horse that I touted and especially one that went off at 9/5 BUT ... This horse lunged in the air at the start, was dead last, rushed up early and into contention, saddle slipped and he bounced off another horse, and was rank as they can get ... It was a miracle he finished 2nd in this race ... He was 2nd by 6 or 7 lengths to the huge odds on but without the misshaps it's conjecture if he might have won ... Enough crap went on here to keep him on my list for next time, something I rarely have patience with.

I'm basically a harness guy so I'm continually amazed at how much can go wrong in the T-bred races and how uncontrollable a lot of these horses are ... At least the standardbreds can run in a straight line and will go where you put them.