JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9476

tracking progeny of freshmen sire Mendelssohn

mrginandtonic and i like the potential of freshmen sire Mendelssohn..he cost $3M at auction and has a sensational pedigree being a half sibling to the most expensive sire in north america Into Mischief and by an expensive** grandson of Storm Cat named Scat Daddy (passed away a few years ago)..IM was also by a grandson of Storm Cat named Harlan's Holiday who was a decent sire(not as good as Scat Daddy) feel that can only be a positive

** as a stallion

$35k fee

multiple graded stakes winner of over $2.5M (13-4-2-2) including winning the breeders cup juvenile turf and running 2nd in the travers at saratoga (happens to be today)

he already has 9 winners (including 1 today @ dmr) going back to mid july (10 if you include his 1st one in Saudi Arabia at the end of june)

only going to look at ny,ca,ky and mth so not every track will be covered

this will not be perfect but try to find as many as I can.. try to do it till the end of the year
    Last edited by JBEX; 08-27-22 at 12:27 AM.

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

bloodhorse stallion register

lots of info on him as a sire,his pedigree and his winners with replays are posted here

http://www.bloodhorse.com/stallion-r...56/mendelssohn

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

Last edited by JBEX; 08-27-22 at 07:39 AM.

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

added his race record with some highlights

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

made references to both Mendelssohn and Into Mischief being by different grandsons of Storm Cat..
    which needs a little context..Storm Cat is one of the all time great sires and is also a sire of sires,a sire of sires of sires etc including the sire of many productive broodmares ..he is a great grandson of the greatest sire of all time Northern Dancer..At his peak SC's stud fee i believe was $500k and that was I'm guessing around 20 years ago (might be something that could be looked up)
    Last edited by JBEX; 08-28-22 at 06:31 PM.

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

moving this forward

saturday

ellis park

R1 #2 carlin clan (5-1) mcl $50k turf route

mrginandtonic
    mrginandtonic's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4536

Nice JBex, very informative. Looks like Carlin Clan ran second @ 9-2. Will be following this thread.

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by mrginandtonic View Post
    Nice JBex, very informative. Looks like Carlin Clan ran second @ 9-2. Will be following this thread.
    thanks mgt..he ran a big race and just missed by a neck
    Last edited by JBEX; 08-28-22 at 05:51 AM.

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

2nd by a neck @ 9-2

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

you can check 3 -4 tracks with the equibase app in about 5 mins so not a tedious task..may even give it a quick look tomorrow and tuesday

checked all the majors today and didn't see any

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

results in boldface so they're easy to spot

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

Last edited by JBEX; 08-28-22 at 06:32 AM.

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by JBEX View Post
    bloodhorse stallion register

lots of info on him as a sire,his pedigree and his winners with replays are posted here

http://www.bloodhorse.com/stallion-r...56/mendelssohn

it turns out that I don't really have to do this as all the info you need is on his page..

the info we want

winners comes up automatically when you hit the link

hit "rankings" and it'll show you where he ranks for "first crop" sires..in his case #7

(actually they show him as #6 but you go to the rankings and he's listed #7 so not sure what's up with that ?)

then hit "first crop" and it'll take you to the rankings of first crop sires..a sire I've been following Army Mule ($7500 fee) is just ahead of him in 6th..The rankings are by earnings which is shown in the right column..Not surprisingly Justify is #1

they also have a category "upcoming entries" which will let you know when his progeny are entered to run

there's other good information in the rankings tables and sales info and if you're interested could explain that too..I've seen this stuff before but would have to get reacquainted with it myself as it's been awhile
    Last edited by JBEX; 08-28-22 at 07:17 AM.

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

Mendelssohn upcoming

since I'm tracking AM also worth mentioning the name of each of them in posts

8/31

saratoga

R3 wicked secret
    R9 quincy cafe

9/1

saratoga

R6 keep left

kentucky downs

R4 mendel's secret

9/3

kentucky downs

R4 b minor

Last edited by JBEX; 08-30-22 at 10:23 AM.

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

Going to use for him also in seperate posts..easy to find this info with the link

ARMY MULE

8/28

mth

R1 bel pensiero .. Won $9.40
    Last edited by JBEX; 08-28-22 at 06:25 PM.

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

ARMY MULE

$7500 FEE

9/1

kentucky downs

R1 dot marie

Last edited by JBEX; 08-28-22 at 06:16 PM.

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

ARMY MULE entries will be specified..by default it's a MENDELSSOHN thread

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

added another running 9/3 by MENDELSSOHN (post 14)

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

ARMY MULE entries will be specified..by default it's a MENDELSSOHN thread
    you can get to army mule's page via the link by clicking

rankings ..

first crop ..

his name

mrginandtonic

8/31
    saratoga
    R9 quincy cafe
    Just saw Quincy Cafe will be racing Wednesday in stake race. He is trained by Lacey Gaudet; ML is 20-1. Hmm, maybe just blindly put a couple dollars on him!!

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

Just saw Quincy Cafe will be racing Wednesday in stake race. He is trained by Lacey Gaudet; ML is 20-1. Hmm, maybe just blindly put a couple dollars on him!!
    it's a 10 horse field and he's 1 of 2 who haven't raced on the turf..I think for her to ship this horse up there
    expresses a lot of confidence ,however,she did have one run here last weds who ran a good 3rd..maybe they were sent together which would give less weight to her going out of her way to bring him here alone ..also there's probably very few turf routes for 2yo's being run at this time of year so options may be limited

I think she's thinking give him a run and if he finishes 3rd or 4th vs experienced turf horses it was a worthwhile trip ..$175k purse so even fourth a nice chunk of change ..top 3 is gravy

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

on the other one running in R3 (wicked secret 10-1 ml) the trainer is an excellent value over large samples in turf and debut races..% wise he's average
    ...this is a restricted msw race so much (,much) easier than a typical open field..not picks on these horses rather just comments..if on occasion I look and see some positives I will mention

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

Going to use for him also in seperate posts..easy to find this info with the link

ARMY MULE

8/28

mth

R1 bel pensiero .. Won $9.40

3 winners over the span of 8/27 - 28 including the above mentioned horse.. all were at mth and one of those was a repeat winner.. also on 8/21 a 2nd place finish in a stakes at saratoga

overall,conservatively, think he's off to a very solid start but don't know what the benchmark is for this kind of thing

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

3 winners over the span of 8/27 - 28 including the above mentioned horse.. all were at mth and one of those was a repeat winner.. also on 8/21 a 2nd place finish in a stakes at saratoga

overall,conservatively, think he's off to a very solid start but don't know what the benchmark is for this kind of thing

think the same can be said for MENDELSSOHN.. both have double digit winners with 4 months till the end of the year

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

as a reminder I will say when a runner is going for either like this..rather keep the results in a single post and I'll move it forward when I can't edit it anymore

8/31 mendelssohn (forum post 14)

mrginandtonic

it's a 10 horse field and he's 1 of 2 who haven't raced on the turf..I think for her to ship this horse up there
    expresses a lot of confidence ,however,she did have one run here last weds who ran a good 3rd..maybe they were sent together which would give less weight to her going out of her way to bring him here alone ..also there's probably very few turf routes for 2yo's being run at this time of year so options may be limited

I think she's thinking give him a run and if he finishes 3rd or 4th vs experienced turf horses it was a worthwhile trip ..$175k purse so even fourth a nice chunk of change ..top 3 is gravy
    Looks like it will raining all day; wonder if they will take if off turf tomorrow?

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

Looks like it will raining all day; wonder if they will take if off turf tomorrow?
    since it's a stakes race sure they'd like to keep it on..not sure if the fact they are 2yo's would have an effect on that decision..sure gabby would be very happy if it was as he lost by a nose at 7f on the dirt last race

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

since it's a stakes race sure they'd like to keep it on..not sure if the fact they are 2yo's would have an effect on that decision..sure gabby would be very happy if it was as he lost by a nose at 7f on the dirt last race
    good chance it will be at 7f if it's taken off and if not they will run it out of the new mile chute..either way that would be a big edge with his last race at 7f

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

have decided not to follow through with this ..when i started this i thought finding where these horses are entered would be a manual task which it is not.. for all who are interested you know where to go to check if there are upcoming entries and what the stats on these sires are ..it takes very little effort to do this..I think both of them have bright futures

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

the pedigree of Mendelssohn goes beyond some of the really good things I stated earlier and should be mentioned.. he shares the same sire as Justify who of course won the triple crown and is currently the #1 freshmen sire.. He is also a half to Beholder who many consider to be one of the greatest fillies of all time.. Outstanding bloodlines and things will probably get a lot more interesting as the distances get longer (both surfaces) and his first crop matures

ConleyPicks
    Capping NCAAF/NFL/NCAAB/MLB
    ConleyPicks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5278

Hi JBEX

Long time not being on here but back again for some pro/college football and college basketball!

I love your thread on this horse and just wanted to note that if anyone here uses Jim mazur's Sire Ratings which works very well on any race you will see the following for him below

1st crop Scat Daddy/Tricky Creek
    B 1st Time Starter (14-15%)
    1 Class Rating (best of the best for class)
    C+ Turf (26-29%)
    C+ Off Track (20-24%)
    C+ Synthetic (35-44%)
    3L Stamina Index (Can handle distances up to 1 1/16 mile but L-can go longer bc 1 or 2 winners won @ 9F+ with 15% overall success @ 9F)
    100% 2YO Rating

Hope this helps but I will definitely be tracking his FTS anywhere they race!

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by ConleyPicks View Post
    Hi JBEX

Long time not being on here but back again for some pro/college football and college basketball!

I love your thread on this horse and just wanted to note that if anyone here uses Jim mazur's Sire Ratings which works very well on any race you will see the following for him below

1st crop Scat Daddy/Tricky Creek
    B 1st Time Starter (14-15%)
    1 Class Rating (best of the best for class)
    C+ Turf (26-29%)
    C+ Off Track (20-24%)
    C+ Synthetic (35-44%)
    3L Stamina Index (Can handle distances up to 1 1/16 mile but L-can go longer bc 1 or 2 winners won @ 9F+ with 15% overall success @ 9F)
    100% 2YO Rating

Hope this helps but I will definitely be tracking his FTS anywhere they race!
    hey conley

I used to get that a long time ago and remember those ratings..He's off to a good start and as I said ,things should only get better with time and longer distances