Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3341

Quote Originally Posted by JBEX View Post
    imo this is a totally different situation..if he's able to complete that trifecta

he's going to be in consideration as one of the all time greats..I've seen him compared to frankel who many consider to be the greatest horse of the last 30-40 years but of course made his mark in europe..don't want to get into greatest horse of all time arguments btw lol

the purses become very small when you can be a stallion with probably about a $200k stud fee to start

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9476

Quote Originally Posted by Jellymancan View Post
    Sounds about right to me all the way through the Dubai WC.
    it's the most logical path to me..if healthy you're going to want to try and get the big money in dubai..also looks good on the resume

you also have to consider he'll be 5 next year..perfect time to bring it to a close

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

one other thing I think might matter also for his stallion fee is he's an elite pedigree horse ..by tapit who's probably the best American sire of the last 10-15 years (w/o looking it up)..cost $1M @ auction..frankel was also elitely bred being by galileo.. Europe's #1 sire
    Last edited by JBEX; 06-28-22 at 06:39 AM.

Easy-Rider 66

Flightline the undefeated winner of the Grade 1 Met Mile in his most recent start, will mount a 5-year-old campaign if he remains healthy and continues to relish racing, one of the colt’s co-owners said Wednesday.
    “If he is healthy and he wants to continue to race … we would absolutely love to keep him on the racetrack another year," Kosta Hronis, whose Hronis Racing is one off five ownership interests in the John Sadler-trained colt, told Horse Racing Nation.

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Easy-Rider 66 View Post
    Flightline the undefeated winner of the Grade 1 Met Mile in his most recent start, will mount a 5-year-old campaign if he remains healthy and continues to relish racing, one of the colt’s co-owners said Wednesday.
    “If he is healthy and he wants to continue to race … we would absolutely love to keep him on the racetrack another year," Kosta Hronis, whose Hronis Racing is one off five ownership interests in the John Sadler-trained colt, told Horse Racing Nation.
    really surprised they would do that but it's certainly great for the game ..have a hunch next year you'll see him at saratoga for the whitney if he does

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

really surprised they would do that but it's certainly great for the game ..have a hunch next year you'll see him at saratoga for the whitney if he does
    I would bet at least part of the reason is the horse is very happy training and racing..they figure if they shoot for dubai wc might as well run him a couple of more times after that

Easy-Rider 66

OK JBEX thx for your take. Yeah good for the game. hope they stay the proposed course. thx.

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

OK JBEX thx for your take. Yeah good for the game. hope they stay the proposed course. thx.
    as i said if he remains healthy and runs next year I'd love to see him at saratoga in the whitney ..it's likely if he travels the path I mentioned that he will not never have raced at 1 1/8..getting it done up there would be perfect

Easy-Rider 66

as i said if he remains healthy and runs next year I'd love to see him at saratoga in the whitney ..it's likely if he travels the path I mentioned that he will not never have raced at 1 1/8..getting it done up there would be perfect

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 68545

I finally got a day to watch all of this horses races. He is certainly an eye catching talent .

His gate work could use some improvement. He will need to tighten that up as he runs against the best and goes further.

As JBEX has said, his breeding should not be an issue. His dam was a fighter. Her sire though, I have to admit, I'm a little worried.

But heavy blood for distance other than him. And maybe I'm being too harsh on Indian Charlie. He just never struck me as a 1 1/4 horse against Grade 1 horses.

Anyway, what an exciting horse to watch so far. Amazing talent. It's must see TV when he runs back.

Thanks for the thread Pigpen. This horse deserves it !
    Last edited by str; 07-02-22 at 01:27 PM.

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by str View Post
    I finally got a day to watch all of this horses races. He is certainly an eye catching talent .

His gate work could use some improvement. He will need to tighten that up as he runs against the best and goes further.

As JBEX has said, his breeding should not be an issue. His dam was a fighter. His sire though, I have to admit, I'm a little worried.

But heavy blood for distance other than him. And maybe I'm being too harsh on Indian Charlie. He just never struck me as a 1 1/4 horse against Grade 1 horses.

Anyway, what an exciting horse to watch so far. Amazing talent. It's must see TV when he runs back.

Thanks for the thread Pigpen. This horse deserves it !
    you don't like tapit as a distance sire str ? he's had 2 belmont stakes winners in recent years..indian charlie is a sprint sire but I believe dam sires 2 and 3 generations further back are distance influences
    Last edited by JBEX; 07-02-22 at 01:08 PM.

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO

you don't like tapit as a distance sire str ? he's had 2 belmont stakes winners in recent years..indian charlie is a sprint sire but I believe dam sires 2 and 3 generations further back are distance influences
    I meant to say, Her sire. Lol. I was talking about Feathered.

Absolutely, I LOVE Tapit as a distance sire. I think that is about as good as it gets. And yes, there is a ton of influence behind him and the mare side is wonderful.
    I just remember watching Indian Charlie run and I never felt he was going to make it that far. Probably unfair. Probably biased because he ran on that brick road Santa Anita had back then, which I always hated. But I am a bit worried about Indian Charlie. Let's hope he doesn't carry the day and all the other influences do. Too me, it's about the only thing I can find as even a little concern. Sorry about that JBEX. You must have fallin out of your chair when you thought I meant Tapit.

I fixed it in the other post.
    Last edited by str; 07-02-22 at 01:28 PM.

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by str View Post
    I meant to say, Her sire. Lol. I was talking about Feathered.

Absolutely, I LOVE Tapit as a distance sire. I think that is about as good as it gets. And yes, there is a ton of influence behind him and the mare side is wonderful.
    I just remember watching Indian Charlie run and I never felt he was going to make it that far. Probably unfair. Probably biased because he ran on that brick road Santa Anita had back then, which I always hated. But I am a bit worried about Indian Charlie. Let's hope he doesn't carry the day and all the other influences do. Too me, it's about the only thing I can find as even a little concern. Sorry about that JBEX. You must have fallin out of your chair when you thought I meant Tapit.

I fixed it in the other post.
    no problem..still applying ice but think it'll be ok lol..
    dam won a graded stakes route at churchill..also lost by about a length in the Hollywood oaks at 1 1/4 miles but that was on the turf..2nd dam sire is dynaformer and before that storm cat so that's a lot of distance and class in the bloodlines

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

dam won a graded stakes route at churchill..also lost by about a length in the Hollywood oaks at 1 1/4 miles but that was on the turf..2nd dam sire is dynaformer and before that storm cat so that's a lot of distance and class in the bloodlines
    apologize ..you already mentioned the stamina in the female family so need to do what I did

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO

Hahahah.

I watched his dam, Feathered run in that 1 1/4 Grade 1 race she lost in. She ran really really well. Also watched another losing effort of hers in a Grade 2 but she was real game throughout. She is rock solid.

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

if he can pull off a sweep of the pacific classic and (then I would assume) the bc classic I think he's at minimum a $125k stallion fee to start..factoring his pedigree, what he cost and the way he's won his races..of course if he does win the aforementioned races the way he does will also factor in..not saying it's a given by any means

Pigpen
    High On The Hogs
    Pigpen's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13851

I just read Flightline has a scheduled workout this Saturday at Santa Anita. Looks to be headed to the Pacific Classic next. I am keeping an eye on his full brother. Last time I checked he has no workout since May.

Easy-Rider 66

I sent you a PM Pigpen. thx.

Pigpen
    High On The Hogs
    Pigpen's Avatar SBR PRO

What a race!!!! 126 Beyer

Pigpen
    High On The Hogs
    Pigpen's Avatar SBR PRO

I am looking forward to watching his full brother race also. I just went to look to see if he is working and found this:

Olivier Workout History

Track Date Course Distance Time Note Rank
    Keeneland 09/03/2022 Dirt 5F 1:02.20 Breezing 17/27
    Winstar Training Center 08/25/2022 Dirt 4F 47.20 Breezing 1/17
    Winstar Training Center 08/17/2022 Dirt 5F 1:01.00 Breezing 3/8
    Winstar Training Center 08/09/2022 Dirt 4F 50.00 Breezing 12/13
    Winstar Training Center 07/28/2022 Dirt 3F 37.00 Breezing 3/7
    Winstar Training Center 07/20/2022 Dirt 3F 38.00 Breezing 3/15
    Winstar Training Center 05/21/2022 Dirt 3F 37.20 Breezing 11/16

trytrytry
    All I do is trytrytry
    trytrytry's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 273617

really good thread here!

Easy-Rider 66

Undefeated Flightline, who posted a 19 1/4-length victory in the Pacific Classic (G1) earlier this month, will enter stud as the property of a syndicate at Lane's End Farm upon the conclusion of his racing career.

Pigpen
    High On The Hogs
    Pigpen's Avatar SBR PRO

Undefeated Flightline, who posted a 19 1/4-length victory in the Pacific Classic (G1) earlier this month, will enter stud as the property of a syndicate at Lane's End Farm upon the conclusion of his racing career.

I truly hope this monster races again next year. They were asked and did not rule it out. If he wins the BCC I expect him to go to the breeding shed as the fee will be huge.

Pigpen
    High On The Hogs
    Pigpen's Avatar SBR PRO

Olivier worked again two days ago. Looks like he may run at Keeneland's fall meet:

Track Date Course Distance Time Note Rank
    Keeneland 9/10/2022 Dirt 4F 47.80 Breezing from the gate 2/32
    Keeneland 9/3/2022 Dirt 5F 1:02.20 Breezing 17/27
    Winstar Training Center 8/25/2022 Dirt 4F 47.20 Breezing from the gate 1/17
    Winstar Training Center 8/17/2022 Dirt 5F 1:01.00 Breezing 3/8
    Winstar Training Center 8/9/2022 Dirt 4F 50.00 Breezing 12/13
    Winstar Training Center 7/28/2022 Dirt 3F 37.00 Breezing 3/7
    Winstar Training Center 7/20/2022 Dirt 3F 38.00 Breezing 3/15

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Pigpen View Post
    I truly hope this monster races again next year. They were asked and did not rule it out. If he wins the BCC I expect him to go to the breeding shed as the fee will be huge.
    I think the likely path if he wins the bcc is the pegasus at gulfstream and dubai wc which I think are $3M and $12M races respectively ..that's a nice chunk of change to shoot for and would look good on the resume..if he pulls off the bcc and one or both of those races I'd say $200 -$250k first year stallion fee

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

if he can pull off a sweep of the pacific classic and (then I would assume) the bc classic I think he's at minimum a $125k stallion fee to start..factoring his pedigree, what he cost and the way he's won his races..of course if he does win the aforementioned races the way he does will also factor in..not saying it's a given by any means
    with what he did in the pacific classic he upped his value a lot from $125k I thought he might fetch with what he did up to that point

Pigpen
    High On The Hogs
    Pigpen's Avatar SBR PRO

Correct me if I am wrong here but if he goes to Dubai he loses the season in the shed no? Plus, as much of a freak as he has shown to be his soundness may come into question as he seems to have missed a lot of time do to nagging issues.

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Pigpen View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong here but if he goes to Dubai he loses the season in the shed no? Plus, as much of a freak as he has shown to be his soundness may come into question as he seems to have missed a lot of time do to nagging issues.
    you might be right about him being unable to be a stallion next year if he runs in the dubai wc..also possible they might not want to put him through that trip with how much he will earn as a stallion

as far as soundness it definitely factors in ..str reminded me about that when I was talking about army mule as a stallion..3/3 with the wins very spaced out (because of infirmities) but the wins were very impressive..I am not comparing AM to FL lol rather that's the first time I considered soundness as part of the equation

I still say when you factor the pedigree,spectacular wins and figures,doing things like going from the met mile around 1 turn and then winning at 10f in the pc in unbelievable fashion..if he wins the bcc and retires I'd really be surprised if he wasn't at least $150k for his first season at stud

Pigpen
    High On The Hogs
    Pigpen's Avatar SBR PRO

Just watched this beast gallop this AM and I think he is going to give us a show!!!

15805's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16182

As an Old time racing fan I did not follow this horse but saw the Breeders Cup Classic & Flightline oput on a real show.

It’s been about 50 years since we saw a racehorse of this caliber. After this race
    The Mt. Rushmore of thoroughbreds Secretariat, Dr. Fager, &
    Man o’ War finally have a worthy & needed fourth companion to fulfill
    horse racings Mt. Rushmore. What a show Flightline put forth today.

horseracingnation.com/polls/current/PowerRankings_All_Time#

i voted on that site that Dr. Fager was the greatest horse I ever saw run. In my mind, if we took all the racehorses that have ever run and put them at their best, than proceeded to run them at every distance from 7f to 10f on all kinds of varying turf, dirt, synthetic, and off tracks, Dr. Fager would win the majority of those races.

Dr. Fager had the finest year ever for a racehotse in 1968, earning Champion
    Sprinter, Turf, Handicap and Horse of the Year. His mile record of
    1:32 1/5 carrying 134 lbs. has not been surpassed in 51 years. In the words of Braulio Baeza,
    “Dr. Fager could punch a hole in the wind.”

Easy-Rider 66

The day after winning the Nov. 5 Longines Breeders' Cup Classic (G1) at Keeneland, Flightline's connections announced his widely anticipated retirement to Lane's End Farm near Versailles, Ky., where he will enter stud next year.

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by 15805 View Post
    As an Old time racing fan I did not follow this horse but saw the Breeders Cup Classic & Flightline oput on a real show.

It’s been about 50 years since we saw a racehorse of this caliber. After this race
    The Mt. Rushmore of thoroughbreds Secretariat, Dr. Fager, &
    Man o’ War finally have a worthy & needed fourth companion to fulfill
    horse racings Mt. Rushmore. What a show Flightline put forth today.

horseracingnation.com/polls/current/PowerRankings_All_Time#

i voted on that site that Dr. Fager was the greatest horse I ever saw run. In my mind, if we took all the racehorses that have ever run and put them at their best, than proceeded to run them at every distance from 7f to 10f on all kinds of varying turf, dirt, synthetic, and off tracks, Dr. Fager would win the majority of those races.

Dr. Fager had the finest year ever for a racehotse in 1968, earning Champion
    Sprinter, Turf, Handicap and Horse of the Year. His mile record of
    1:32 1/5 carrying 134 lbs. has not been surpassed in 51 years. In the words of Braulio Baeza,
    “Dr. Fager could punch a hole in the wind.”

born in '63 so too young for him..have read about what an amazing horse he was and nothing close to those feats will ever be attempted let alone repeated

if you go back 6 generations in the paternal line there is some dr fager blood in flightline

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

"life is good" will be standing at winstar farm for $100k ..might be a good gage as to what FL will command

Pigpen
    High On The Hogs
    Pigpen's Avatar SBR PRO

The King goes on to his next career. Have fun with the ladies champ!!!!!

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

https://www.the-sun.com/sport/661855...-fee-earnings/

along the way look what they said galileo was worth a the time of his death..don't get how an approximately 22yo stallion can be worth that much..understand he's one of the greatest of all time
    Last edited by JBEX; 11-08-22 at 01:01 PM.

First 123 Last