Pigpen
    High On The Hogs
    Pigpen's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13851

Met. Mile

I still like to call it the Met Mile and have fond memories of it being held on Memorial Day. That being said this short field has plenty of talent starting with #1 Flightline. Is he just a freak and will he run them off their feet? His numbers say so but I think he will be an underlay. The competition is very salty IMO. I am going to take a stand and play #2 Speakers Corner and #4 Happy Saver in my horizontals. Maybe the travel across the country and Big Sandy being something he is not accustomed to will be enough. Great race. Thoughts?

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9476

terrible betting race but I think I'd go speakers corner..2/2 at belmont and the last race he ran here
    was a 1 turn route like today except a 1/16th further..
    his pace figures and final figure in that one match up well to the favorites..like that he has experience here vs the other being a socal horse..mott a good value trainer in graded stakes by roi

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

plus flightline (3-5) won his debut by 13 ,his 2nd start by 12 and his last race by 11 so he is starting to tail off a bit

Pigpen
    High On The Hogs
    Pigpen's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13851

Agree that it is a terrible betting race but I am going to take a stab in the p4 ( race 8-11) and try to throw Flightline out of race 9 and try to beat Chad Brown in race 10. Tall order but I see Flightline being a single on a truck load of tickets and Brown's horses taking money.

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Pigpen View Post
    Agree that it is a terrible betting race but I am going to take a stab in the p4 ( race 8-11) and try to throw Flightline out of race 9 and try to beat Chad Brown in race 10. Tall order but I see Flightline being a single on a truck load of tickets and Brown's horses taking money.

yes if youre a horizontal player a big decision..you could always come back with a small saver on flightline with some of the others you have