Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13533

Belmont

Any thoughts/input on Barber Road. Considering a play here.

mrginandtonic
    mrginandtonic's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4512

You are one of the sharpest capper here. just curious on why you like Barber Road?? My question for this horse is what happened to his early footing that he showed when he was two?? If he is gonna come from way back again, I don’t think he has a chance. If Rosario is going to send, that maybe a different story. Since I don’t see a lot speed in this race, he may be just to stalk We the People from the outside and be the first to jump on him. He needs to be double digit odds for me. What are your thoughts??

Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by mrginandtonic View Post
    You are one of the sharpest capper here. just curious on why you like Barber Road?? My question for this horse is what happened to his early footing that he showed when he was two?? If he is gonna come from way back again, I don’t think he has a chance. If Rosario is going to send, that maybe a different story. Since I don’t see a lot speed in this race, he may be just to stalk We the People from the outside and be the first to jump on him. He needs to be double digit odds for me. What are your thoughts??
    Well, first off, I pale in comparison to most here regarding ponies. Whatever handicapping expertise comes from 3 decades of being a successful Greyhound player.

Speed or lack of, I agree. Also agree on the odds angle. My thinking was that he may be able to get into a stalking position. I was looking into a little confirmation from someone like yourself, before I started digging deeper. I don't think the distance will be an issue. He doesn't seem like a one move horse, but more of a grinder which I think plays well to Belmont IMHO.

Was quite a while ago, maybe 10 years, but I made a nice score on Jazil. Have always preferred the Belmont.

Thanks again for your complement and input.

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9416

will take a look a little later madison

Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by JBEX View Post
    will take a look a little later madison
    Always much appreciated!!

Pigpen
    High On The Hogs
    Pigpen's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13791

What a bargain this fella was ($15,000 KeeNov.2019). He dances each time they load him into the gate. I like your angle with Rosario up. He is one of the best getting a horse to close IMO. They are pulling off the blinkers Saturday. I believe this race is up for grabs and you will get a square price taking a position on this guy.

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

I really can't knock him at a price madison..since his debut and adding the blinkers he gives it a go every time including going through all 4 races in the the oaklawn prep series..without seeing it the derby effort looks pretty good when you factor in the extraordinarily wide trip..realize I started with blinkers on and today it's B off so possibly it was more an improvement 2nd out that he would have made anyway..guess the idea with off might be put him closer to the lead..trainer excellent at this move over a very small sample..looks like based on his races further might not be so bad but I usually avoid middle distance closers in this race..seems like a good idea but feel the dynamics a totally different thing @ 1 1/2 miles..I will be going another direction but definitely some positive with yours

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by JBEX View Post
    I really can't knock him at a price madison..since his debut and adding the blinkers he gives it a go every time including going through all 4 races in the the oaklawn prep series..without seeing it the derby effort looks pretty good when you factor in the extraordinarily wide trip..realize I started with blinkers on and today it's B off so possibly it was more an improvement 2nd out that he would have made anyway..guess the idea with off might be put him closer to the lead..trainer excellent at this move over a very small sample..looks like based on his races further might not be so bad but I usually avoid middle distance closers in this race..seems like a good idea but feel the dynamics a totally different thing @ 1 1/2 miles..I will be going another direction but definitely some positive with yours

should clarify this more..I don't want a middle distance closing effort going into this race..if the horse has done it before that's ok

Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO

I just watched his last 3 and can't find much I don't like. As stated earlier he has one long steady drive. Just feel like the distance not an issue. Just hoping a smaller field gets him in the hunt earlier. Gotta love the value IMHO.

Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Pigpen View Post
    What a bargain this fella was ($15,000 KeeNov.2019). He dances each time they load him into the gate. I like your angle with Rosario up. He is one of the best getting a horse to close IMO. They are pulling off the blinkers Saturday. I believe this race is up for grabs and you will get a square price taking a position on this guy.
    Thanks for your input. Watched his last 3 again and so far haven't seen much to scare me off. Value is obviously Key.

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Madison View Post
    I just watched his last 3 and can't find much I don't like. As stated earlier he has one long steady drive. Just feel like the distance not an issue. Just hoping a smaller field gets him in the hunt earlier. Gotta love the value IMHO.
    it was the derby he was coming out of also so not really middle distance race like I said