JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9476

maiden special weight @ large tracks for all ages through end of belmont

this will coincide time-wise with the last race thread but want it separate so it's less cluttered

won't be graded

the idea was to have a few other races to handicap besides the final races..if you're doing too many defeats purpose of the other thread which is to focus
    on those particular races..not that the focus has done me any good

Pigpen
    High On The Hogs
    Pigpen's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13851

Quote Originally Posted by JBEX View Post
    this will coincide time-wise with the last race thread but want it separate so it's less cluttered

won't be graded

the idea was to have a few other races to handicap besides the final races..if you're doing too many defeats purpose of the other thread which is to focus
    Good stuff JBEX, I enjoy reading your thoughts on the pedigree side of the puzzle. Maybe catch a young dam with only a few progeny. On that note and this can be very subjective, what is the most influential sire the industry has ever produced?

Pigpen
    High On The Hogs
    Pigpen's Avatar SBR PRO

I'm going to guess and say Northern Dancer and Storm Cat may pop up.

BOA12
    BOA12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2047

won't be graded

This is an example that even a disciplined man like J can exploit his own weaknesses & is able to stop the madness. What chance do the rest of US have ?. You are one of SBR Finest, should be your ignore handle.
    Last edited by BOA12; 05-22-22 at 10:06 AM. Reason: US

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Pigpen View Post
    I'm going to guess and say Northern Dancer and Storm Cat may pop up.
    northern dancer for sure..the influence he's had not only over here in the states but in Europe is hard to comprehend..actually Europe is more powerful than here..(more turf)

storm cat was a grandson and probably the best in line over here..giant's causeway an elite sire was a son of storm cat..last crop races this year as 3yo's danzig early 80's to well into the 90's probably #2

both storm cat and danzig sires of sires of sires etc

one other off the top deputy minister (grandson)

by far these are the best lines here

Europe (talking nd) is just too much to talk about but the best one over there was this line.. sadlers well/galileo/frankel ..these are some of the greatest sires of all time each a son of the other..there's another big name in there I'm forgetting and if I think of it I'll mention it..son of sw or gal

these are some of the more prominent of his lineage

others over here (deceased)

mr prospector
    (not as great with him off top of my head)

seattle slew (a p indy his son) and tremendous sire line going forward ..tapit (grandson apindy being the best)

secretariat wasn't a superstar sire but he's the dam sire of storm cat and a p indy which is pretty amazing..was known more for his daughters being big producers and possibly runners

those are the ones that come to me off the top of my head as some of the best

Last edited by JBEX; 05-22-22 at 09:51 AM.

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by BOA12 View Post
    This is an example that even a disciplined man like J can exploit his own weaknesses & is able to stop the madness. What chance do the rest of have ?. You are one of SBR Finest, should be your ignore handle.

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

northern dancer for sure..the influence he's had not only over here in the states but in Europe is hard to comprehend..actually Europe is more powerful than here..(more turf)

storm cat was a grandson and probably the best in line over here..giant's causeway an elite sire was a son of storm cat..last crop races this year as 3yo's danzig early 80's to well into the 90's probably #2

Europe (talking nd) is just too much to talk about but the best one over there was this line.. sadlers well/galileo/frankel ..these are some of the greatest sires of all time each a son of the other..there's another big name in there I'm forgetting and if I think of it I'll mention it..son of sw or gal

mr prospector

seattle slew (a p indy his son) and tremendous sire line going forward ..tapit (grandson apindy being the best)

secretariat wasn't a superstar sire but he's the dam sire of storm cat and a p indy which is pretty amazing..was known more for his daughters being big producers and possibly runners

another important one to mention ..into mischief the most expensive stallion in the USA $250k is a great grandson of storm cat

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

mth

R3 #6 splendid summer (16-1 @ 20 mtp)

Pigpen
    High On The Hogs
    Pigpen's Avatar SBR PRO

mr prospector

Thanks J, one last question and I will leave you alone for a while. How does Bold Ruler stack up?

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

Thanks J, one last question and I will leave you alone for a while. How does Bold Ruler stack up?
    Don't mind at all pigpen but it is a lot to cover in a few posts lol..The ones i gave i would call the dominant lines with nd crossing over to europe the most..There are so many other directions northern dancer goes but the sw/gal/frankel is the top one

in general bold ruler was one of the great stallions of the 60's and admittedly i know almost none of the specifics..below is just scratching the surface but without question is the most important thing about his bloodlines going forward

he's the sire of secretariat with his last crop in 1970

he's the great grandsire of seattle slew which of course gets you to a p indy (his most prominent carry forward line)

so bold ruler is part of the paternal and maternal lines of a p indy's pedigree

through seattle slew on top and secretariat (dam sire) on the
    bottom..in other words a p indy's dam is by secretariat

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

thought this was worth highlighting as it's a very important point

I'm not great with terminologies but storm cat (1983) and a p indy (1989) are probably the most recent mega influences on us pedigrees that there are..both of there dams are by secretariat with the former being a paternal grandson of northern dancer and the latter a paternal great great grandson of bold ruler (through seattle slew)

(foal year)

Last edited by JBEX; 05-23-22 at 06:08 AM.

Pigpen
    High On The Hogs
    Pigpen's Avatar SBR PRO

Good stuff, thanks man!!!

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

Good stuff, thanks man!!!
    no problem pigpen

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

mr prospector

I feel guilty not expanding on mr prospector more as he was truly an exceptional sire and imo off the top of my head in the neighborhood of northern dancer in importance to the breed..will try to give a few examples in boldface over the next few days

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

connections of major bloodlines to today's top (most expensive) us based stallions

mr prospector

danzig and giants causeway (by storm cat) are northern dancer line stallions (nd)

mr prospector (mr p)

into mischief

most expensive us stallion @ $250k

grandsire storm cat

tapit

sire pulpit by a p indy and out of a (mr p) mare

dam sire's grand sire (mr p)

so (mr p) in male and female family

curlin

grandsire (mr p)

medaglia d'oro

grandsire sadlers well (nd)

uncle mo

dam sire's dam sire danzig (nd)

also has some other interesting
    bloodlines on the bottom..if i was going to go another level of importance 2 influences are found in his female family

quality road

great grandsire (mr p)
    great grandsire dam sire secretariat

war front

sire danzig (nd)
    dam's great grandsire (mr p)

speightstown

grandsire (mr p)
    grandsire damsire secretariat

gun runner

ggg grandsire (mr p)

dam giants causeway (storm cat)

2nd dam's paternal great grandsire (mr p)

so you have to go back 5 generations paternal and maternal to get to (mr p)

Last edited by JBEX; 05-26-22 at 05:53 AM.

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

thought this was worth highlighting as it's a very important point

I'm not great with terminologies but storm cat (1983) and a p indy (1989) are probably the most recent mega influences on us pedigrees that there are..both of there dams are by secretariat with the former being a paternal grandson of northern dancer and the latter a paternal great great grandson of bold ruler (through seattle slew)

(foal year)

wanted this right below the above post
    Last edited by JBEX; 05-26-22 at 05:49 AM.

BOA12

wanted this right below the above post
    The four I use to follow are Pleasant Colony, A P Indy, Storm Cat and Mr Prospector. I still look for these at the cheaper tracks mostly.

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

The four I use to follow are Pleasant Colony, A P Indy, Storm Cat and Mr Prospector. I still look for these at the cheaper tracks mostly.
    pleasant colony was a solid sire but not a superstar like the other 3..I don't think he was a sire of sires though..my guess is he probably had a few minor ones many years ago

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

pleasant colony was a solid sire but not a superstar like the other 3..I don't think he was a sire of sires though..my guess is he probably had a few minor ones many years ago
    my bad as he sired quite a few who were decent sires

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pleasant_Colony

BOA12

my bad as he sired quite a few who were decent sires

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pleasant_Colony

Thanks for the link.

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

belmont

R4 #1 biondi (4-1)

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

belmont

R1 #2 andiamo a firenze (9-5)

homebred fts with an excellent pedigree and trainer who offers value with debuters..that being said I think he'll be around even money..serious worktab

churchill

R2 #7 wonder wheel (4-1)

fts by #1 sire into mischief and dam sire a speed influence..another serious work tab

R3 #1 mindful (15-1)

another fts ..cost a lot,trainer very undervalued first out and overall,steady tab back to march and not impressed with the line-up overall her

laurel

R1 #2 general j r (4-1)

guess what this one is (also,lol)..speed pedigree top, bottom and this trainer really kicks ass with debuters
    ..works hint there's some talent

Last edited by JBEX; 06-03-22 at 09:07 AM.

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

added cd 2 3 and laurel 1

BOA12

belmont

R1 #2 andiamo a firenze (9-5)

homebred fts with an excellent pedigree and trainer who offers value with debuters..that being said I think he'll be around even money..serious worktab

churchill

R2 #7 wonder wheel (4-1)

fts by #1 sire into mischief and dam sire a speed influence..another serious work tab

R3 #1 mindful (15-1)

another fts ..cost a lot,trainer very undervalued first out and overall,steady tab back to march and not impressed with the line-up overall her

laurel

R1 #2 general j r (4-1)

guess what this one is (also,lol)..speed pedigree top, bottom and this trainer really kicks ass with debuters
    ..works hint there's some talent

Jumped on BEL R1 #2. BOL J. CD R4 #7 Wonder Wheel. CD R3 Scratch #1 and 1A.
    Last edited by BOA12; 06-03-22 at 11:43 AM.

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

Jumped on BEL R1 #2. BOL J. CD R4 #7 Wonder Wheel. CD R3 Scratch #1 and 1A.

thanks b o a

BOA12

thanks b o a
    Jumped on all your plays 2day. Best Of All 2B W/U then against U. Thanks J. A beautiful sun filled day, never a better time 2play.

BOA12

Jumped on all your plays 2day. Best Of All 2B W/U then against U. Thanks J. A beautiful sun filled day, never a better time 2play.
    So far a self fulfilling prophecy for US WP players J.

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

So far a self fulfilling prophecy for US WP players J.
    glad you had them b o a winners were short prices and laurel got 2nd @ 5-1 for those who don't know

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3353

glad you had them b o a winners were short prices and laurel got 2nd @ 5-1 for those who don't know

BOA12

I'm in the know. Keep 'em coming J.... a good day for those who play.

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

belmont

R4 #7 don't overlook me (6-1)
    R5 58 ex box

5 - rivka (5-2) 8- ranting (4-1)

guessing it would be high teens /low 20's ex for $2

churchill

R6 #5 polyglot (3-1)

Last edited by JBEX; 06-05-22 at 11:30 AM.

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

added churchill 6

BOA12

belmont

R4 #7 don't overlook me (6-1)
    R5 58 ex box

5 - rivka (5-2) 8- ranting (4-1)

guessing it would be high teens /low 20's ex for $2

churchill

R6 #5 polyglot (3-1)

Riding with you on these plays J. BOL to US.

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

Riding with you on these plays J. BOL to US.
    bol b o a

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

cd r7 #1 york tavern(12-1)

first time starter

was looking at the pp's of this one at about a half hour to post (now about 17 mins)..hadn't looked at odds and when I did was 4-1 (12-1 ml)..like pedigree,works,trainer good meet and good value 1st out

12 Last