Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3165

The 2021 Preakness Thread

Feel free to post your Preakness thoughts here. Post Draw is today. Looks like about a 10 Horse field. BOL to All Playing. The Black Eyed Susan is running Friday.

Easy-Rider 66

Easy-Rider 66

Craig Roberston, attorney for trainer Bob Baffert, told the Daily Racing Form on Monday that he is prepared to file a temporary restraining order if Pimlico Race Course attempts to deny Medina Spirit entry into Saturday's Preakness Stakes.
    The Preakness Stakes draw was originally scheduled for Monday, but Pimlico management pushed entries back to Tuesday at 4 p.m. Eastern following Baffert's Sunday morning announcement that the Kentucky Derby winner had tested positive for 21 picograms of betamethasone.

Easy-Rider 66

Medina Spirit and Concert Tour can race in the May 15 Preakness Stakes (G1) after trainer Bob Baffert consented to blood testing, monitoring, and medical review of his horses by the Maryland Jockey Club, the trainer's attorney said.

Easy-Rider 66

littlekona
    littlekona's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5792

this is the classic fall apart race with Midnight Bourbon gunning for sure and at least 3 others plus one of the Bafferts...Though I had Medina in Derby I'll toss him from win spot for sure here along with my other win toss out of Midnight Bourbon....

Easy-Rider 66

Quote Originally Posted by littlekona View Post
    this is the classic fall apart race with Midnight Bourbon gunning for sure and at least 3 others plus one of the Bafferts...Though I had Medina in Derby I'll toss him from win spot for sure here along with my other win toss out of Midnight Bourbon....
    Thx for the Take Kona. GL on the race. Going to take a look at the Bris PP's Come Friday.

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9150

think I'm on rombauer but not going to commit yet

Easy-Rider 66

Quote Originally Posted by JBEX View Post
    OK JBEX yeah have not looked it over will look for your final call by Sat. GL.

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Easy-Rider 66 View Post
    just did a write up

his figures improved every race since his debut other than a 2 pt regression on the poly 2 back..he won that race so don't take that too seriously

(going by brisnet figures)

this includes winning his debut around 2 turns on the turf in july..to me that's very impressive for any horse let alone a 2yo that early on

first attempt on the dirt was his 3rd career start in a grade 1 going two turns..2nd by < length going wide around both turns ..impressive

bc juvenile finished 5th of 14 but had to break from the 13 post..still improved his figure

just gets up to win the el camino real in his 3yo debut..aided by a lightning quick pace..to me the fact it was on an artificial surface makes it just a push type race..nothing added or taken away for what he did

sits behind an extremely slow pace in the bluegrass and finishes a decent 3rd ..again his figure moves forward nicely

likely to get a much more lively pace to run at here..trainer is very undervalued based on roi's..maintaining or moving forward again figure wise puts him right up there with the best in here

** will be a fresh horse off a 7 week layoff

Last edited by JBEX; 05-11-21 at 09:46 PM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: TerraNonFirma

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

** added extra reason

Easy-Rider 66

Nice write up JBEX Get em on Sat.

BOA12
    BOA12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1955

just did a write up

his figures improved every race since his debut other than a 2 pt regression on the poly 2 back..he won that race so don't take that too seriously

this includes winning his debut around 2 turns on the turf in july..to me that's very impressive for any horse let alone a 2yo that early on

first attempt on the dirt was his 3rd career start in a grade 1 going two turns..2nd by < length going wide around both turns ..impressive

bc juvenile finished 5th of 14 but had to break from the 13 post..still improved his figure

just gets up to win the el camino real in his 3yo debut..aided by a lightning quick pace..to me the fact it was on an artificial surface makes it just a push type race..nothing added or taken away for what he did

sits behind an extremely slow pace in the bluegrass and finishes a decent 3rd ..again his figure moves forward nicely

likely to get a much more lively pace to run at here..trainer is very undervalued based on roi's..maintaining or moving forward again figure wise puts him right up there with the best in here

Talked me into it J. No rain, of course.

BOA12

** added extra reason
    Yeah.

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by BOA12 View Post
    Talked me into it J. No rain, of course.
    at minimum not a bad horse to throw underneath in exotics with the top 3 ..ms,ct,mb

BOA12

at minimum not a bad horse to throw underneath in exotics with the top 3 ..ms,ct,mb
    6/All EXBX. WPS just 4fun.

mrginandtonic
    mrginandtonic's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4332

Hey EZ, I might take a shot at your Derby pick, 2-Keepmeinmind (ML 15-1). He showed flashes of potential as a 2 yr old; although he hasn’t done much as a three year old, hopefully he will get the pace that he needs. I also like the 9- Risk Taking (ML 15-1), he has more tactical speed than the 2; may get first run at the front runners. That’s it for now. Will look at it more later. GL

Easy-Rider 66

Quote Originally Posted by mrginandtonic View Post
    Hey EZ, I might take a shot at your Derby pick, 2-Keepmeinmind (ML 15-1). He showed flashes of potential as a 2 yr old; although he hasn’t done much as a three year old, hopefully he will get the pace that he needs. I also like the 9- Risk Taking (ML 15-1), he has more tactical speed than the 2; may get first run at the front runners. That’s it for now. Will look at it more later. GL
    OK Mr. G&T. sounds good thx for the take. Going to look over on FRI and post a lean by Sat afternoon. GL.

Easy-Rider 66

Playing the #4 Crowded Trade in the Preakness. BOL to all Playing,

navyblue81
    navyblue81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6657

Put $100 on Midnight Bourbon and $50 on Ram for the long shot win. Just playing straight up winners. No boxes.

littlekona

Man I turned on the TV coverage and wow its so bad...From the camera angles during race to the awful commentors like Eddie Olczyk..No wonder racing is not gaining gambling $$ of the younger guys

Jowframs
    Jowframs's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6633

NBC
    They suck in every aspect

Jowframs
    Jowframs's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6633

exoctic-wheel..3,4,10(w)3,4,10,2,7,8,5,6,9

exacta-Wheel 7,9(w)7,9,3,4,5(Long-shot Play)
    Gl all

josi
    Horse Racing Addicted
    josi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1995

Ex box - 3,4,5,8

sunshine11
    sunshine11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3097

Good luck. Like that 5-8

Easy-Rider 66

just did a write up

good call easy winner

josi
    Horse Racing Addicted
    josi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1995

just did a write up

Fantastic PICK! Great JOB!

littlekona

Best handicapper around....id say nice job but its just another day for JBEX and his outstanding selections

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

good call easy winner

Quote Originally Posted by josi View Post
    Fantastic PICK! Great JOB!
    Quote Originally Posted by littlekona View Post
    Best handicapper around....id say nice job but its just another day for JBEX and his outstanding selections

thanks guys..appreciate the good words !!

TerraNonFirma
    TerraNonFirma's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

You should have committed, but your "write up" in post #10 above, was excellent.

The El Camino was also a slow paced race and Rombi came from the back of the field to win, which is not typically easy.

He's a small horse too, which is interesting, as usually the distance types are larger framed with longer legs, but not this guy. He's like greased lightning ...

Now on to the Belmont, where we need a new longshot.

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by TerraNonFirma View Post
    You should have committed, but your "write up" in post #10 above, was excellent.

The El Camino was also a slow paced race and Rombi came from the back of the field to win, which is not typically easy.

He's a small horse too, which is interesting, as usually the distance types are larger framed with longer legs, but not this guy. He's like greased lightning ...

Now on to the Belmont, where we need a new longshot.
    I did commit in on saturday morning in my pimlico thread..maybe I should have followed up here also since I put it the way I did but thought saying it in the other thread was enough..thanks on the write up..

on the bris nets the pace in the el camino real was as I said
    "lightning fast"..thought that helped explain his huge closing run in that race.. realize they are not the only ones who make pace figures ..the race really meant nothing in the evaluation though..if he'd run mediocre that would've been fine with me

wasn't aware of his size..interesting

we'll see ..value won't be there but not automatically trying to beat him either..see how the field stacks up