JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9452

2 year old maiden specials now through keeneland spring

primetime for 2yo class of 2020..

nyra..all the way through..
    kentucky..through end of churchill (covering keeneland)**
    gulfstream..winter meet starting 12/2 (about when KY ends)
    concludes keeneland spring

** they go to keeneland next week and then churchill runs in november

max 1 play track/day

dirt races must be on a fast or good track
    turf races have to be run on it

money mgmt

$4-8/race ...2-3-4 WP or up to $8 win bet
    only 1 horse per race ..like two ..too bad lol

slight compromise to this..$2 win bet only ok on a 2nd horse in which case you'd have to bet at least 4 total on the other.. this way can have a say on another which is nice in some of the big contentious fields at the major venues

this is a lot less taxing than a saratoga best bet contest.. if i don't want to go the whole route will commit to the end of each month, with the end of next month as first potential departure point..start these things and wish you hadn't lol..see how it goes
    Last edited by JBEX; 09-24-20 at 07:16 AM.

BOA12
    BOA12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2035

Playing baby's, my kind of adult fun. I'm in J.

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by BOA12 View Post
    Playing baby's, my kind of adult fun. I'm in J.
    yeah this is the span (fall/winter) where things start to get more interesting..some trainers hold back longer to give them a little more time to mature..a chance to pick some good ones before they've shown their best stuff..not that I only play first time starters but generally speaking if they run a big race and didn't break their maiden i'm usually off them..value's gone

welcome a b o a rd

BOA12

Quote Originally Posted by JBEX View Post
    yeah this is the span (fall/winter) where things start to get more interesting..some trainers hold back longer to give them a little more time to mature..a chance to pick some good ones before they've shown their best stuff..not that I only play first time starters but generally speaking if they run a big race and didn't break their maiden i'm usually off them..value's gone

welcome a b o a rd
    My path; B O A RD.. On board, 4 the cruise, Capt. J. 2nd time out, bounce /? Jockey change & weight drop 3rd out, large 2Me.

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

ammended one of the betting rules

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

if you like the same horse b o a you can use.. not viewing this as a contest

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

churchill

R9 #3 swill (4-1) 6W 2P
    WINNER $7.20/4.40

borderline too showy off his first 2 starts but like other things

belmont

R2 #3 cosmic kitten (10-1) 3WP >> out @ 7-1
    R2 #4 lyn b (9-2) 2W >> 2nd @ 5-1 (half length)

Last edited by JBEX; 09-24-20 at 08:30 PM.

TonyP
    Update your status
    TonyP's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1290

should be interesting, and a chance to learn a few things

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by TonyP View Post
    should be interesting, and a chance to learn a few things

yeah will do a few writeups along the way.. it's a marathon and at the end of the line (keeneland spring meet) some of the new crop will be running

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 68521

Great idea JBEX.

I like it.

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by str View Post
    Great idea JBEX.

I like it.
    thanks str...yeah should be fun..love these types of races as you know and will have about 7 months to chase them..remember you recently mentioned the difference a few months can make in development and I guess maybe maturity also (do some behave better with age relatively speaking ?) more interesting to tackle them at this point into next year vs the summer months

BOA12

ammended one of the betting rules
    like the constitution, amendments Ok in America.

BOA12

churchill

R9 #3 swill (4-1) 6W 2P

belmont

R2 #3 cosmic kitten (10-1) 3WP
    R2 #4 lyn b (9-2) 2W

Chomping at the bit? Bol 2day J. Be ready tomorrow. Long weekend, ahead.

BOA12

if you like the same horse b o a you can use.. not viewing this as a contest
    Works 4Me. Mostly Belmont & GP 4me. Have bad luck at CD.

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

Chomping at the bit? Bol 2day J. Be ready tomorrow. Long weekend, ahead.

have to admit looking at the maidens last night put me in the mindset lol.. generally speaking, as my ratings show , I feel less confident with churchill but that's minimized a bit with these type of races.. keeneland, starting next week, should have a lot of nice opportunities for these types of races

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

churchill

R9 #3 swill (4-1) 6W 2P
    WINNER $7.20/4.40

belmont

R2 #3 cosmic kitten (10-1) 3WP >> out @ 7-1
    R2 #4 lyn b (9-2) 2W >> 2nd @ 5-1 (half length)

(2) 16/26 [1.62] ( 5 avg odds)

[1.00] break-even

BOA12

(2) 16/26 [1.62] ( 5 avg odds)

[1.00] break-even
    Great start J.

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 68521

thanks str...yeah should be fun..love these types of races as you know and will have about 7 months to chase them..remember you recently mentioned the difference a few months can make in development and I guess maybe maturity also (do some behave better with age relatively speaking ?) more interesting to tackle them at this point into next year vs the summer months
    Q. remember you recently mentioned the difference a few months can make in development and I guess maybe maturity also (do some behave better with age relatively speaking ?)

A. If you think of it as a baby in March is just about 2 years old (24 months). Add 6 months to Sept. and you have increased the age by 25%. You have also increased the bone density in the legs and added muscle through training. All that adds up to a totally different horse from March to Sept. This goes for the mental side of things as well but only to a degree. Scared is still scared and they all have to learn from experience. And just like people, some more than others. Short answer though to behaving better is yes, probably about 25% on average but for a few, it's night and day and those are usually the ones you see in the winners circle quickly.
    For the most part, the MSW horses you are looking at are more equipped mentally to act the way they have been shown quicker than the cheap ones are, but along with that goes the stubborn side as well. I mean, every class has a clown and horses are no different than people in that regard.
    One of the coolest things about training a lot of horses was watching and understanding all the personalities. Probably miss that as much as anything when I think back to those times.

Good luck everybody. Should be a fun and enlightening thread.

BOA12

Q. remember you recently mentioned the difference a few months can make in development and I guess maybe maturity also (do some behave better with age relatively speaking ?)

A. If you think of it as a baby in March is just about 2 years old (24 months). Add 6 months to Sept. and you have increased the age by 25%. You have also increased the bone density in the legs and added muscle through training. All that adds up to a totally different horse from March to Sept. This goes for the mental side of things as well but only to a degree. Scared is still scared and they all have to learn from experience. And just like people, some more than others. Short answer though to behaving better is yes, probably about 25% on average but for a few, it's night and day and those are usually the ones you see in the winners circle quickly.
    For the most part, the MSW horses you are looking at are more equipped mentally to act the way they have been shown quicker than the cheap ones are, but along with that goes the stubborn side as well. I mean, every class has a clown and horses are no different than people in that regard.
    One of the coolest things about training a lot of horses was watching and understanding all the personalities. Probably miss that as much as anything when I think back to those times.

Thanks for the info str. Amazing how much horses, dogs and cats in my experience, all have different personalities and traits. My better half used to train show horses as a teenager, says the same exact thing about horses too.

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

so this is definitely a relevant time span to do it figuring its right about the midpoint of the running season for them.. I would guess (without official records) a lot of trainers target this period to get them going (assuming they are up to it of course)..with the extra growth and additionally, as you said, some may be a little more heady than they were a few months ago makes it a good time to do it.. makes sense to me also that while the better quality ones have their quirks also as a group they probably are more mentally sound than their cheaper counterparts.. can understand from a trainer's perspective how it must be rewarding to deal with them (any, not just these types) as individuals and figure out what works best for each

thanks str

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

Great start J.

thanks b o a

BOA12

Only one MSW at Belmont, R6, zero at GP. Start tomorrow 4ME I think, though I may change my mind.

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

Only one MSW at Belmont, R6, zero at GP. Start tomorrow 4ME I think, though I may change my mind.

yeah I'm going to be on the belmont race.. I'm not going to start gulfstream till the winter meet in december and that's around when churchill ends.. you're welcome to start sooner and sure lots of the big outfits will be down there in november.. generally speaking I feel better about gulfstream than churchill but want to stick with the latter to the end of their meet

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

belmont

R6 #5 forty two ace (6-1) 6W 2P

2nd @ 6-1 ..6.90

very even wide trip first out which is fine for me.. even thought a modest purchase price like the pedigree for sprint .. rosario gets on and with sciacca the trainer might be a little value to be had..pletcher firster on the rail (8-5) could be tough but sure underlay
    Last edited by JBEX; 09-25-20 at 04:09 PM.

BOA12

yeah I'm going to be on the belmont race.. I'm not going to start gulfstream till the winter meet in december and that's around when churchill ends.. you're welcome to start sooner and sure lots of the big outfits will be down there in november.. generally speaking I feel better about gulfstream than churchill but want to stick with the latter to the end of their meet
    I looked at Bel R6. BOL J. Me, as of now, P3 R5 9/123568/489. Got 6 in R6.

BOA12

belmont

very even wide trip first out which is fine for me.. even thought a modest purchase price like the pedigree for sprint .. rosario gets on and with sciacca the trainer might be a little value to be had..pletcher firster on the rail (8-5) could be tough but sure underlay
    Like it J. Look forward to any all of your picks 2day, little or no cappin' but bettin'.

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

belmont

2nd @ 6-1 ..6.90

(3) 24/32.90 [1.37] (5 avg odds)

[1.00] break-even
    Last edited by JBEX; 09-25-20 at 05:18 PM.

BOA12

(3) 24/32.90 [1.37] (5 avg odds)

[1.00] break-even
    The games have begun , this is fun.
    Last edited by BOA12; 09-26-20 at 04:50 AM.

BOA12

1:04 CST./ Belmont R3 #5 Lela Marie 3-1./ $2Win $6 Place./// 2:04 CST./ R5 #7 Wicked Easy 8-1./ $2Win $6Place. BOL2ALL

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3277

Good Luck to JBEX and all other participants. will be following the action.

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

another tracking thread in play.. think I'm going to move gulfstream up to November for me.. even though the winter meet officially starts in december they'll be some nice races a month before.. it's different than it used to be now that they run all year there

1:04 CST./ Belmont R3 #5 Lela Marie 3-1./ $2Win $6 Place./// 2:04 CST./ R5 #7 Wicked Easy 8-1./ $2Win $6Place. BOL2ALL

good luck.. going to look at them soon

my emojis still fuked up.. can't get rid of that

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Easy-Rider 66 View Post
    Good Luck to JBEX and all other participants. will be following the action.

thanks easy.. welcome back!

BOA12

another tracking thread in play.. think I'm going to move gulfstream up to November for me.. even though the winter meet officially starts in december they'll be some nice races a month before.. it's different than it used to be now that they run all year there

damn emojis, gone green on ya. GP R4 5F MSW 2 Y/O.

BOA12

U will love R5 in my opinion.

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

I did say 1/day per track but I'm willing to let that go.. they're aren't that many of these so why limit them

1234 ... Last