kdmfox
    kdmfox's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

Saratoga Wednesday

First day, big fields, will be looking to play angles and prices.

Race 1 #5 Westmoreland 10/1 ML ... Turf race, Garrett Gomez off a 4/1 ML to take this horse for a low profile trainer with very decent numbers, blinkers on, last race comment rank early ... #6 Noah A 2nd

Race 2 #6 Forest Prince 7/2 ML ... Maiden race with mostly first time starters ... Sire (Mineshaft) has never had a winner with just 6 starters ... Dam won first start ... Pletcher and J Velazquez.

Race 3 #2 Lord Snowden 9/2 ML ... A closer in a field of early speed horses ... #5 Sir Silver Fox 15/1 2nd ... Nice bullet work since last race

Race 4 #8 Egypt Lane 6/1 ML ... 2nd time on the turf with a 2nd the 1st time ... Edgar Prado was on 1st turf try and is back for this race

Race 5 #1 Task Force 15/1 ML ... Taking a flyer on a long shot from post 12 ... 2nd lifetime start with a 2nd first out by a head in a mile and 1/16th debut ... 1st time turf and Desourmeaux

Race 6 #9 Archie Boy 10/1 ML ... Back on the dirt ... Early speed with several others in here but needs to sit just off the pace ... Probably a real ambitious pick ... #12 Explosive Count 3/1 ML 2nd ... Best figures and record by far ... Ramon Dominguez 1st time ... Coming off 2 easy wins

Race 7 #2 Winaway 4/1 ML ... 1st time turf in 9th start ... Sire has never had a turf winner in 27 offspring starts ... Dam was 3 for 3 on the turf ... If this horse can run to his dirt form he can win this race

Race 8 #3 Garfine 5/2 ML ... Ok, 1 chalk for the day ... Gomez and Pletcher

Race 9 #1 (POE) New York City Girl 4/1 ML ... Gomez and Pletcher again ... Grade 3 Schuylerville ... 2nd start ... Won 1st time out by 12 at 1/2 ... Other part of the entry had 1 start and won by 11 ... Most of the horses in this race have raced once with a win ... Hoping for 5/2 ... This is my best bet

Race 10 #3 Papa's Kara 6/1 ML ... Wide open affair taking a shot with Prado ... Coming off a nice win last time out also with Prado on 6/8 ... Several nice works since

Good luck to anyone playing Saratoga today ... The last time I posted an entire card, hardly a nag lifted up a hoof.

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9450

Thanks for the breakdown. Good luck.

kdmfox

Race 9 ... #1 New York City Girl, my best bet is scratched ... Right now I'm going with the other half of the entry #1A Lady Chace ... I think it's the weaker half so 3/1 or higher is probably a definite ... Anyway I may change my mind on this race later as my top pick is a scratch ... hehe

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Wow. I've been monitoring the first races. Impressive stuff man.

kdmfox

Quote Originally Posted by kdmfox View Post
    First day, big fields, will be looking to play angles and prices.

Race 1 #5 Westmoreland 10/1 ML ... Turf race, Garrett Gomez off a 4/1 ML to take this horse for a low profile trainer with very decent numbers, blinkers on, last race comment rank early ... #6 Noah A 2nd

Race 2 #6 Forest Prince 7/2 ML ... Maiden race with mostly first time starters ... Sire (Mineshaft) has never had a winner with just 6 starters ... Dam won first start ... Pletcher and J Velazquez.

Race 3 #2 Lord Snowden 9/2 ML ... A closer in a field of early speed horses ... #5 Sir Silver Fox 15/1 2nd ... Nice bullet work since last race

Race 4 #8 Egypt Lane 6/1 ML ... 2nd time on the turf with a 2nd the 1st time ... Edgar Prado was on 1st turf try and is back for this race

Race 5 #1 Task Force 15/1 ML ... Taking a flyer on a long shot from post 12 ... 2nd lifetime start with a 2nd first out by a head in a mile and 1/16th debut ... 1st time turf and Desourmeaux

Race 6 #9 Archie Boy 10/1 ML ... Back on the dirt ... Early speed with several others in here but needs to sit just off the pace ... Probably a real ambitious pick ... #12 Explosive Count 3/1 ML 2nd ... Best figures and record by far ... Ramon Dominguez 1st time ... Coming off 2 easy wins

Race 7 #2 Winaway 4/1 ML ... 1st time turf in 9th start ... Sire has never had a turf winner in 27 offspring starts ... Dam was 3 for 3 on the turf ... If this horse can run to his dirt form he can win this race

Race 8 #3 Garfine 5/2 ML ... Ok, 1 chalk for the day ... Gomez and Pletcher

Race 9 #1 (POE) New York City Girl 4/1 ML ... Gomez and Pletcher again ... Grade 3 Schuylerville ... 2nd start ... Won 1st time out by 12 at 1/2 ... Other part of the entry had 1 start and won by 11 ... Most of the horses in this race have raced once with a win ... Hoping for 5/2 ... This is my best bet

Race 10 #3 Papa's Kara 6/1 ML ... Wide open affair taking a shot with Prado ... Coming off a nice win last time out also with Prado on 6/8 ... Several nice works since

Good luck to anyone playing Saratoga today ... The last time I posted an entire card, hardly a nag lifted up a hoof.
    Race 1 Winner 12.00 6.20 5.20
    Race 2 Off the board 5/2
    Race 3 Winner 15.20 6.30 3.80
    Race 4 Winner 14.80 6.80 5.00
    Race 5 Late scratch ... I actually had the winner in this race #11 Warn which I bet after the scratch 11.20 5.50 4.30
    Race 6 Finished 3rd 6.40 to show
    Race 7 Off the board 7/2
    Race 8 Off the board 2/1
    Race 9 Off the board 4/1
    Race 10 Finished 3rd 4.20 to show

One favorite (5.90) won ... Looking at the horses I lost on, most were short prices ... No chalk is the way to go.

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9450

Great start on the early races. Race 1 had a nasty spill with the chalk going down on the lead at the 8th pole. John Velasquez lucky to walk away from that on the opening day.

Chalk in Race 1 Massoud had to be euthanized. He was claimed for $35,000 before the race.
    Last edited by Seattle Slew; 07-26-07 at 01:57 AM.