OrionSky
    OrionSky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Horse Books

Hey - I was wondering if anyone had any experience with these horse books. I was looking at All Horse Racing, Go Horse Betting and Horse Betting. Thank you.

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9590

Never read any of the handicapping books. I prefer the track stories. I recently read Jerry Bailey's book, which was pretty good, and am finishing "Horseplayers: Life at the Track" which is very good. Centers around a guy who went to the races every day for a year to write about all the characters who play the horses.

I just bought Steve Crist's book from a couple of years ago "Betting on Myself" and will be reading that one next.

Most of these books are available very cheap at amazon. I got Crist's book for $5, which included shipping.

OrionSky
    OrionSky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Well i picked up Horseplayers: Life at the Track and it is very good. Its interesting the different techniques people use and how its like a drug to others. Thank you for the recommendation.

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9590

When reading that back, I don't feel as bad about myself being a degenerate horse player. Nowhere close to most of the guys in that book, betting their rent and last dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by Orion Sky View Post
    Well i picked up Horseplayers: Life at the Track and it is very good. Its interesting the different techniques people use and how its like a drug to others. Thank you for the recommendation.