littlekona
    littlekona's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5792

Keeneland race 8 winner...Preakness???

Check out intrepid heart race 8 Keeneland....tapit colt very green pletcher barn once leveled out just mowed down nice looking front runner....Preakness horse for Pletcher I’d think

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9138

Quote Originally Posted by littlekona View Post
    Check out intrepid heart race 8 Keeneland....tapit colt very green pletcher barn once leveled out just mowed down nice looking front runner....Preakness horse for Pletcher I’d think

$750k 2yo purchase who's a half sib (actually more as tapit's grandsire is ap indy) to commissioner who won almost a million dollars.. he finished 2nd in the peter pan at belmont and then went on to lose to tonalist by a head in the belmont stakes ...it was a good figure belmont to I believe (107 equibase)

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3265

Quote Originally Posted by JBEX View Post
    $750k 2yo purchase who's a half sib (actually more as tapit's grandsire is ap indy) to commissioner who won almost a million dollars.. he finished 2nd in the peter pan at belmont and then went on to lose to tonalist by a head in the belmont stakes ...it was a good figure belmont to I believe (107 equibase)
    How much stock do you Jbex put into being a half to another? I mean when I informed you Faversham was a half to California Chrome it did not impress you. Just asking.

Easy-Rider 66

Quote Originally Posted by Easy-Rider 66 View Post
    How much stock do you Jbex put into being a half to another? I mean when I informed you Faversham was a half to California Chrome it did not impress you. Just asking.
    Can not edit right now. Actually Faversham was a full brother to California Chrome.

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

I put stock in it when the sibling starts to flash talent..doesn't mean he'll be as good as big (half)brother but might suggest they try a similar path thru belmont..I think preakness or peter pan for him and highly likely pointing towards the belmont stakes

Easy-Rider 66

I put stock in it when the sibling starts to flash talent..doesn't mean he'll be as good as big (half)brother but might suggest they try a similar path thru belmont..I think preakness or peter pan for him and highly likely pointing towards the belmont stakes
    OK. Got it. But sometimes you need to wager on the come so to speak. Faversham was about 19/1 that DMR race. Had not done much up to that point. AS for Intrepid heart cat is out of bag. Went off at odds on today in what Gaby Gaudet and Scott Hazelton thought was an excellent field.

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

OK. Got it. But sometimes you need to wager on the come so to speak. Faversham was about 19/1 that DMR race. Had not done much up to that point. AS for Intrepid heart cat is out of bag. Went off at odds on today in what Gaby Gaudet and Scott Hazelton thought was an excellent field.
    I didn't say he was a good wagering opportunity..littlekona brought up the horse and I just looked up the pedigree specs..considering everything the pp makes much more sense..

listed stakes vs grade 1..
    sibling went pp/bs path and ran big..
    pp winner or good run lots of times will try belmont

Easy-Rider 66

I didn't say he was a good wagering opportunity..littlekona brought up the horse and I just looked up the pedigree specs..considering everything the pp makes much more sense..

listed stakes vs grade 1..
    sibling went pp/bs path and ran big..
    pp winner or good run lots of times will try belmont
    Agreed. But in retrospect you I would think agree that Faversham was. There were a couple of other things to like about him that DMR race. But all I am saying is a full sib it may be prudent to put more stock into the horse at big odds if they have not Flashed anything up to at that point.

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

Agreed. But in retrospect you I would think agree that Faversham was. There were a couple of other things to like about him that DMR race. But all I am saying is a full sib it may be prudent to put more stock into the horse at big odds if they have not Flashed anything up to at that point.
    yes I agree..at this point the value is not there even with big step up in class (although don't consider pp a huge step up)...the time to catch a really well bred horse is within his first few races before he shows anything..debut or so so effort first out follow again as he may have needed a little experience

Easy-Rider 66

yes I agree..at this point the value is not there even with big step up in class (although don't consider pp a huge step up)...the time to catch a really well bred horse is within his first few races before he shows anything..debut or so so effort first out follow again as he may have needed a little experience

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

I'm not looking for an obvious troubled trip in this situation.. a little speed and finish mid-pack.. evenly all the way around... preferably exiting a fast race-figure wise to tighten him up..a horse who closes to finish in the money with a trouble line is showing too much.. values gone.. preferably an average trainer and jockey to go along with that.. another good camouflage

Easy-Rider 66

My memory eluded me. Faversham was about 19/1 in the SA race he won in June of last year. And he had finished 2nd twice in MSW on dirt. As for looking for subtle info agreed. Good way to get a price horse.

Easy-Rider 66

Quote Originally Posted by littlekona View Post
    Like I wrote in earlier post Scott Hazelton and Gabby Gaudet thought he faced a loaded field today. Made a nice closing move to gun down the #3. See what happens moving forward.

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

paternal grandsire (ap indy) and maternal grandsire (touch gold) both won the belmont

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

good example kee R2 #10 shared legacy.. a FULL brother to shared belief who was a monster about 4-5 years ago.. 10/12 almost $3M..homebred so wasn't sold privately for some cheap amount.. trainer below the radar guy above average veteran jockey (graham.. 21% sprints).. slow but regular works.. good day to unveil a horse like this on the undercard of keeneland's biggest day.. if he wins they're really in the spotlight.. going to use one other besides but I'll just put that in my thread

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

discussed intrepid heart here after the bluegrass.. lots of relevant stuff relating to the belmont

pp=peter pan stakes at belmont
    Last edited by JBEX; 06-03-19 at 05:22 PM.