darrell74
    darrell74's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19468

Mohawk harness

Just started getting into it, about a month ago.
    I still need to learn the drivers, trainers, horses, etc...

But what I really like about their website is that allow you to download a past performance program free, and you don't have to signup for anything. You can also watch their show live on any tabletdevice without signing up either. They also have so e pretty good payout pools for harness racing.

Opinions?

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3353

Looks like Mohawk is supporting and promoting their product. Smart move imo. Having said that I can not get into the harness racing. Used to play a bit back some years ago, but only play the T-Breds now. I do not find it as fun to cap, small pools, and breaks are a turn off. Anyway GL if you play. And Darrell are you still playing the t-Breds? You used to post picks here, but have not posted in a while?

darrell74

Yes, I have been into horses tor about 3 years now. I would say I'm still trying to figure out what tracks I like.

I play Gulfstream Park because of the decent pool sizes. They have a very handy YouTube channel.

I look for spot plays at other tracks, also.

darrell74

I emailed Northfield Park about downloading a forum.
    They referred me to a pay site, disappointingly.
    I think the American harnesses must not be allowed to give out forums.
    Main difference with Mohawk is they are up in Canada.Rules might not apply to them.
    I don't know for sure., though .

Easy-Rider 66

Yeah If you like GP because of the replays and pools check out NYRA. They stream all races live, and have an excellent replay system up as well. Sign up for free. Also Keeneland does the same. No sign up required.

darrell74

Quote Originally Posted by Easy-Rider 66 View Post
    Yeah If you like GP because of the replays and pools check out NYRA. They stream all races live, and have an excellent replay system up as well. Sign up for free. Also Keeneland does the same. No sign up required.
    I'll check that out.
    I like handicapping my own, and I do like to hear/read what the 'expert's say.

This is a link to Mohawks Thursday forum:

https://woodbine.com/mohawk/free-programs/

Easy-Rider 66

Quote Originally Posted by darrell74 View Post
    I'll check that out.
    I like handicapping my own, and I do like to hear/read what the 'expert's say.

This is a link to Mohawks Thursday forum:

https://woodbine.com/mohawk/free-programs/
    OK thx. For NYRA go to each track's website when in season. For Saratoga now. On the feed they have analysis of the race at hand, and a paddock report by Maggie Wolfendale that I find useful. GL.

littlekona
    littlekona's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5828

Mohawk/Woodbine is awesome for players. Full fields 10 horses many races, great betting options with 20 cent base bets on exotics. All harness tracks that are 1 mile tracks are great for payouts.....check this site out for good info and some free programs on featured races
    http://handicapping.ustrotting.com/

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

D, I always liked your style

keep us posted

I have below average on capping drivers

enjoy a few meadowlands big weekends

but i can’t help much with this

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9476

I think the pp's you pay for are really worth it.. pace figures, class ratings etc..nothing wrong if you like to use there's and the commentary is good but I'd at least try the pay ones.. if you like to crunch the numbers on your own you get a lot more information to work with

darrell74

Mohawk Harness 30 Aug18
    Race 1 Selections

THE HORSEPLAYERS JOURNAL by Mike Hamilton
    1 JOHNNY BRAVO
    did exceptionally well to finish a closing third in his latest when you consider that he
    was parked every step of the mile and covered an extra 46’ according to the Trakus electronic charting
    system. He was four-wide through the stretch but simply had too far to come. While far from a standout, he
    does look as good as any.
    5 JULA GRAND CRU
    didn’t get quite as much attention as Johnny Bravo in their last meeting but he did
    take a proactive approach and for a while it looked like he would get the job done. The son of Donato
    Hanover was definitely running on E for the final eighth of a mile and will have to take a different approach
    or simply be a bit better if he’s to win this one.
    6 CHIEF JUSTICE
    has returned to the NW1 class after a trip to Rideau for a shot at OSS money. He wasn’t
    taken seriously by the Rideau bettors (let go at 73-1) nor did he do anything to prove them wrong. This is a
    much easier bunch and I can see him hitting the board, just as he did the last two times he was at this level.
    Even a win seems possible if he’d just get away a bit better.
    9 SPECTRE
    appears to be good enough to win this one if he’d just stay trotting. But what are the chances
    that he’ll get around the track without blowing up? So far he’s a perfect 5-for-5 – as in off-stride in every one
    of his five pari-mutuel starts.
    ON THIS DATE...
    1146 – European leaders outlawed the crossbow, intending to end war for all time
    1682 – William Penn sailed from England and later established the colony of Pennsylvania
    1780 – General Benedict Arnold secretly promised to surrender the West Point fort to the British army

Race 2 Selections
    1 HP TITANIA RUNNER
    is clearly the one to beat in a race with no restrictions other than they be two-year-
    old trotting fillies. Some of the others have won a race but none have won a Gold level OSS race and HP
    Titania Runner is actually a perfect 2-for-2 in the Golds. You may recall that she’s the filly who gave Louis
    Philippe Roy is 1000th career win on 08/10. The only minor issue is that she has been sidelined since
    08/10 whereas some of these have raced once or twice since then.
    4 DELILAH SEELSTER
    is about to make her first start for the Cullen operation, although Travis did drive
    her in qualifiers for trainers Claude Cadieux and Richard Moreau. It’s impossible to say if she’ll be at her
    best when unraced since 07/24 but if so it’s not too hard to imagine a win. She shows a 27.4 last quarter
    when she beat Grassroots fillies like Rebellious Lady and Blue Magic who have each won since that race.
    6 BLUE RIBBON GAL
    might be willing and able to step in should HP Titania Runner hit a snag for any
    reason. This Credit Winner filly has been to a pair of NYSS races where she was lightly regarded by the
    bettors. Since returning to Mohawk she has finished first, second and third in three starts with the slowest
    being the win in 1:58.1.
    7 ARVIKA
    didn’t do anything out of the ordinary in her first for a purse but at least she got around without
    incident and likely learned a thing or two. I wouldn’t be surprised to see the $57K Lexington yearling
    purchase get out and on the move at some point and if so a top-three spot seems possible.
    8 REBELLIOUS LADY
    cannot be blamed if she’s taken to the back as she is coming off a break and now
    confined to Post 8. Superfecta players will want to conducer her but I can’t say that I like her win prospects.
    Race 3 Selections
    8 SISTERS PROMISE
    turned heads when she circled form 10 back at the half to win her Mohawk debut on 08/23. We
    had her pegged to win that one but quite frankly we didn’t feel very confident when she was so far back in the early
    going. We based our selection on her lines to date and the fact that she’s the first foal of a lightly raced mare and from
    the same family as Emile Cas El, Andover Hall, Angus Hall, Conway Hall, Trixton, etc. Roger Mayotte handle the
    driving last week but it’s Tim Tetrick who will be in the bike tonight. There’s a lot to like here.
    5 SUSY
    is a good option if you’re worried about Sisters Promise having drawn Post 8. This Post 5 starter is out of
    2004 Oakville winner and Breeders Crown runner-up Solveig, 4, 1:54.4f ($930,132), and that makes her a half sister to
    $2.8 million winning mare Shake It Cerry who won 8 of 11 as a two-year-old. What Shake It Cerry did not do was win
    this race as she simply didn’t start in it. She shipped to Mohawk just in time for the Peaceful Way, made a break in the
    elim and didn’t qualify for the rich final. Takter has wisely opted to give this one a start over the track before the she
    goes for six figures in the Peaceful Way.
    1 PETRO HALL
    will have to find another gear if she’s going to hold off Susy and/or Sisters Promise based on what we
    know of them and what we saw in Petro Hall’s last race with HP Tatiana Runner (see Race 2).
    6 CHAMPAGNE JANE
    made up a lot of ground in her most recent and might surprise with a top-two or top-three finish
    here. I don’t see her taking down both of the top picks but she might work her way into the exacta with her best effort.
    RECENT CHAMPLAIN STAKES WINNERS
    (List continued opposite Race 5)
    Date
    Track
    Winner
    Driver
    Trainer
    Time
    PP
    Margin Odds Purse
    2017-08-31
    Moh
    COURTNEY HANOVER
    Rick Zeron
    Rick Zeron
    1:56.4
    hd
    ATLANTA
    Rick Zeron
    Rick Zeron
    1:56.1
    ns
    2016-09-01
    Moh
    DREAM TOGETHER
    Sylvain Filion
    Luc Blais
    1:56.2
    1-1/4
    ARIANA G
    Yannick Gingras
    Jimmy Takter
    1:55.4
    2-1/4
    2015-09-03
    Moh
    CAPRICE HILL
    Yannick Gingras
    Tony Alagna
    1:56.2
    7-1/4
    EMOTICON HANOVER
    Sylvan Filion
    Luc Blais
    1:57.2
    1-3/4
    COULD IT BE MAGIC
    Wayne Henry
    Wayne Henry
    1:57.4
    3-1/2
    Race 4 Selections
    1 SOUTHWIND MOROCCAN
    is unlikely to go another 16 starts before he wins for the second time if his
    most recent race is any indication. While it’s true that Roy had him sitting third as they approached the half
    and he opted not to come first-over, it was the way he recovered from a brutal third quarter shuffle that we
    found encouraging. He’s far from a standout but neither is he a cross-off with Roy back on board a second
    time. We’re going to make him tonight’s Spot Play and hope that the 6-1 ML estimate holds up.
    4 D M JOHNWICK
    lit up the board to the tune of $158.90 when opened a huge lead and just barely held on
    for the win on 08/16. It wasn’t exactly a convincing win but at least he did hold off the favourited Rocky J
    Squirrel who has since been second once again and he did pace in 1:52.3 which is more than some of
    these can say. Jonathan Drury opted for Quintsentialterror so Gingras picked up the catch drive. There’s
    potential here!
    5 QUINTSENTIALTERROR
    has been first or second in each of his last six starts or since he returned from
    a stint in the US. Trainer Andrew McCabe was wise to give him a chance to win some races without having
    to break a sweat a Hanover, Clinton and Sarnia. However, when in here on 08/23 he led to mid-stretch
    before learning out and finishing in about the five-wide path in a slowing pace. Can that type of behaviour
    be corrected in a week?
    2 OSIRIS BLUE CHIP
    didn’t get a mention when entered on 08/23 so it may seem odd that we’re now
    considering him for a piece when he didn’t even get to start in that race due to sickness. Quite simply this
    might be a bit easier race (NW2/25000 vs NW2/32000) as he’s no longer facing 4-5 shot Luka Shenko or
    the credible runner-up Rocky J Squirrel.
    MIKE’S SPOT PLAY:
    1 SOUTHWIND MOROCCAN
    Race 5 Selections
    9 BEAUTIFUL SIN
    is our tentative top pick despite some bad luck in the post position department. She has
    shown good gate speed at the Meadowlands and has been as fast as 1:53.4 although beaten a neck and
    denied that fast record. Last time out she easily won a PASS race over a sloppy track and two back she
    worked hard for the lead but ended up losing the $357K Jim Doherty Memorial by a neck when stablemate
    The Ice Dutches (see Race 7) emerged from the pocket. As a yearling Beautiful Sin was nothing less than
    the Lexington Select Sale topper at $480,000.
    3 FRAULEIN BLUCHER
    has hit the board in each of three starts over three different tracks and she doesn’t
    show a single break in five charted lines. That’s definitely encouraging, as is the fact she’s a Cantab Hall
    and first foal of $990,922 winner Frau Blucher 2, 1:54.4f, 3, 1:52.3f, 4, 1:51.2f -’14. Her dam skipped the
    Champlain but did win 7 of 12 as a two-year-old for trainer Chris Oakes.
    2 SETTE DEO
    was paired with Trevor Henry and asked to step off the wings on 08/23. The result was a
    nice three-hole trip to the final turn before she came first-over on a 2-5 favourite (Dark As A Pocket) and
    sailed on by. She needed only minimal encouragement through the stretch to hold off the pocket-sitting
    Minor Obsession in 1:57.4. There’s likely a little more where that came from.
    RECENT CHAMPLAIN STAKES WINNERS
    (Continued from opposite Race 3)
    Date
    Track
    Winner
    Driver
    Trainer
    Time
    PP
    Margin Odds Purse
    2014-08-24
    Moh
    JOLENE JOLENE
    David Miller
    Jonas Czyrneson
    1:55.1
    DANIELLE HALL
    Jody Jamieson
    Carl Jamieson
    nk
    STUBBORN BELLE
    Paul MacDonell
    John Bax
    1:54.2
    2013-08-29
    Moh
    DEMANDING SAM
    Paul MacDonell
    Scott McEneny
    1:55.2
    4-1/4
    RIVETING ROSIE
    Paul MacDonell
    John Bax
    1:55.3
    1-1/2
    DANICA HALL
    Trevor Ritchie
    Doug McIntosh
    1:55.3
    1/2
    2012-08-30
    Moh
    BEE A MAGICIAN
    Rick Zeron
    R. “Nifty” Norman
    1-3/4
    ZORGWIJK NOVA
    Trevor Ritchie
    Ronnie MacLean
    1:56.1
    4-1/2
    Race 6 Selections
    1 AMERICAN MUSIC
    is one of two in this race who are likely to get some attention based on what they did
    last time out. In his case it was a valiant recovery after an ugly shuffle in the third quarter. He came from
    an almost impossible spot at three-quarters to get second money in a 1:54.1 mile, I don’t see this race
    going a lot faster so American Music now goes to the top of the list. Unlike some others, he fits the class on
    the lifetime earnings angle and he won’t get many more shots at NW1.
    7 SO MUCH BETTOR
    can be forgiven for plummeting through the pack and finishing a well beaten seventh
    in his latest as it was reported that he had broken equipment. The AGCO report does not state what the
    exact issue was but I wouldn’t be surprised if he lost a shoe. What we do know is that he was full of pace at
    the end of his 08/16 race despite being forced 6-wide through the lane.
    3 RONS EOM
    is starting to look a lot better than most who go 18 starts without a win. He made a nice gate
    move in his latest and still had enough to try a first-over move on the final turn and stick around for third
    money. That’s encouraging but not enough to justify anything higher than third pick.
    2 STOLEN ART
    isn’t that attractive off his last race or even if you just look at his recent finish positions. Dig
    a little deeper and you’ll see that he won a pair at KD in decent time, has been as fast as 1:53.4 over this
    track, and perhaps most importantly, he has paced last quarters in 27 and 27.3. He’ll be heard from if he
    has a 27 second kick in this race.
    ON THIS DATE...
    1900 – The great Dan Patch made his first start, winning all three heats at Boswell, Indiana. He was driven
    by his 73-year-old trainer, John Wattle.
    1926 – Guy McKinney (Nat Ray) won the first Hambletonian raced at the New York State Fair in Syracuse
    Race 7 Selections
    7 THE ICE DUTCHESS
    is just four starts into her career and already halfway to paying off her yearling sale
    price. And that’s no small feat when she was bid up to $320,000 at Harrisburg. The big attraction was a
    well put together daughter of Muscle Hill who just happens to be a full sister to 2017 Breeders Crown
    runner-up Ice Attraction (second to Ariana G in the 3yo Filly Trot). It hasn’t been smooth sailing for the
    Vancouver-owned filly but at least she has been very good when she has stayed trotting. We’ll give her the
    benefit of the doubt.
    1 SPEED TITAN
    didn’t qualify for the final of the Doherty as she made a break as they rounded the final
    turn. I’m not too concerned about that as it was a “good” track and she did re-qualify nicely over a “sloppy”
    track. She even beat Susy (see Race 3) when she re-qualified in 1:57.1. She has yet to show anywhere
    close to the speed that The Ice Dutchess put up in the Doherty so we’ll cast her in a supporting role.
    5 ANGIES LUCKYLADY
    has been extremely consistent so far and it’s not like she has been racing in low
    level overnights. The three-time runner-up in OSS Golds is well positioned to take the next step and
    compete with fillies from other jurisdictions. While not my top choice, I doubt that she’ll bet disgraced.
    3 MISS YOU KELLY
    delivered as an odds-on favourite when sent to Harrah’s Philly and entered in a
    maiden race on 08/15. There’s a huge difference between beating maidens and winning a major stake
    (such as the Doherty) but at least she’s on the right track.
    ON THIS DATE...
    1963 – The “hotline” link between the Pentagon in Washington and the Kremlin in Moscow was installed.
    Although often referred to as the "red telephone" no phones were ever used, relying instead on Teletype
    equipment, fax machines and most recently secure email.
    Race 8 Selections
    2 DOCS DARLIN
    was a $20K yearling which just goes to show that basing initial picks on sale prices can
    be tricky if not downright foolish. This Betterthancheddar filly won her initial qualifier at Lexington for
    Kentucky-based trainer Jack Gray before being turned over to .209 trainer Kevin St Charles. I like the way
    she finished off her 08/23 Mohawk debut when second to 2-1 shot JK Mardi Says. She might have got to
    that one had she been a little closer in the early going and not shoved four-wide through the stretch.
    5 WESTBEACH
    was sent off as the 2-1 second choice in the aforementioned 08/23 race with JK Mardi
    Says and Docs Darlin. She didn’t live up to the advance billing but neither was she so hopeless that we’d
    rule out a win after just three starts, especially if Jamieson finds her a different trip.
    9 CARBON CAPTURE
    hasn’t raced since 07/31 so we won’t be too hard on her if she comes up a bit short.
    She was both impressive and perhaps a little off in that 07/31 race as she put in some funky steps while
    being asked to clear. When all was said and done she finished fourth in tight quarters. She’s one to start
    tracking even if you opt to play against her in this first race in a month.
    7 JK KISSNTELL
    is set to make her pari-mutuel debut after three qualifiers, including one in which she was
    off-stride in the lane. She is not heavily staked.
    3 TEQUILA PARTY
    is one to consider as she’s a Somebeachsomewhere and second foal of Tea Party
    Princess p, 2, 1:53.1s, 3, 1:50.3s -’11 ($666,934). Her dam was much better at three than two.
    ON THIS DATE...
    1979 – US President Jimmy Carter was attacked by a rabbit while on a canoe trip in Georgia
    1984 – U.S. President Ronald Reagan was inducted into the Sportscasters Hall of Fame

Race 9 Selections
    4 CHEATALOTPOV
    is the one we’ve landed on in the search for something other than the favourite. It’s
    likely that Donato Lane will get some support now that he’s on a two race win streak and P L Ketchup
    figures to be well bet now that he has drawn inside after a close second place finish as the favourite. In
    Cheatalotpov you get a colt who won his first start for a purse and who has now had two shots at NW2 with
    top-three finishes each time. He was better than expected last time out when unraced in close to a month.
    I like the fact that he closed so much ground, made a three-wide move and still had a 28 second last quarter
    in him.
    7 DONATO LANE
    is one that we completely disregarded one week ago tonight when he made the leap
    from NW1 to NW2. Obviously that was a miscalculation on our part. Now the question is whether he’s
    worth chasing in his quest for three-in-a-row. His odds are likely to drop from that 5-1 level and he has been
    shunted a little further out on the right wing while the one who got closest to him has drawn the rail and
    Cheatalotpov is close to the middle.
    1 P L KETCHUP
    had been stuck in some pretty tough post positions before finally drawing the 6 hole on
    08/23. It’s impossible to say if that’s the sole reason his odds dropped from double digits to under 2-1 – I
    suspect not – but at least he did get away in the front half of the field and he made a move to improve his
    position. He didn’t win, mind you, but in losing to Donato Lane he kept it close and he was “digging” right
    through the wire.
    ON THIS DATE...
    2003 – Eternal Camnation, Bunny Lake and Worldly Beauty – at the time three richest mares in pacing
    history – squared off in the $405,405 Breeders Crown Mare Pace at Woodbine. Eternal Camnation won.
    The trio went into the race with combined earnings of $8.93 million.
    2003 – Camelot Hall broke his maiden in winning the $1,122,700 final of the Metro Stakes at Woodbine
    Race 10 Selections
    6 MAGICAL GLIDER
    is one that we backed last time out only to see her make a break through the start
    and never get back into the race. Perhaps it was a little overly optimistic in expecting a win in a Gold race
    (she did close at 4-1) but then it’s impossible to say what would have happened had she not made that
    break. She did beat Gold fillies on 06/25 and Grassroots types on 06/07 when sent off as the odds-on
    favourite. Is a win at NW3 too much to ask?
    9 STORMONT ROYALTY
    deserves a hand for taking a proactive approach in her last three starts even if it
    has yet to produce a win. She’ll latch onto cover one of these times and it just might be after a Post 9 start!
    While this isn’t an ideal post, a horse with a bit of gate speed can get away somewhere between 5th and 7th
    and then be in a good position to advance with the flow.
    4 COLLATERAL BEAUTY
    is a previous Gold level winner and a runner-up against Gold fillies last time out.
    The only problem I have with her 07/21 win is the fact that she needed nothing more than a 30.2 last quarter
    as race leader Sorceress Seelster made a break at 7/8ths and the pocket-sitting Apprentice M could only
    muster a last quarter in 32 seconds.
    2 EXS AND OHS
    has an acceptable on-the-board percentage but at 1-for-23 she’s a hard one to back
    straight up.
    ON THIS DATE...
    1987 –
    Ben Johnson of Canada ran the 100m in a new world record time 9.83 seconds. He was later
    disqualified and American Carl Lewis was awarded the gold.
    2005 – Glidemaster set a track record and tied th

harthebar
    harthebar's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9724

Ever try Pocono. If you need pps I know a site I've always loved harness .I post a lot of them on my site ...think I got a few follows this week ..

darrell74

Quote Originally Posted by harthebar View Post
    Ever try Pocono. If you need pps I know a site I've always loved harness .I post a lot of them on my site ...think I got a few follows this week ..
    Pretty much all of them, including Pocono.
    I get the forms for free when I go to the station casino. But nothing online .
    If you know how to get Pocono forms for free, I would love a link.

harthebar
    harthebar's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9724

:Tuxedo Bay is scheduled to run on 9/1/2018 in Race 2 at Woodbine Mohawk

darrell74

Quote Originally Posted by harthebar View Post
    :Tuxedo Bay is scheduled to run on 9/1/2018 in Race 2 at Woodbine Mohawk
    key in 2nd place on exotics

cecil127
    Horses and Hockey Biatch!
    cecil127's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6871

heres some more free PP's links from up north http://handicaparace.com/freeprograms.shtml

darrell74

^
    Good post

cecil127
    Horses and Hockey Biatch!
    cecil127's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6871

everyday (pretty much) guaranteed pool wagering for pick 4's, pick 5's etc...free PP's from trackmaster which don't exactly suck. enjoy. read. wager. win! hardly ever see Pocono or harrahs listed...
    https://www.trackmaster.com/usta