MathewXB
    Update your status
    MathewXB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 552

Ok here is the deal. I am new to this horse race thing. I am looking for a little help on a good way for a newbie to pick a good horse!

XB

KasWehner
    KasWehner's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by MathewXB View Post
    Ok here is the deal. I am new to this horse race thing. I am looking for a little help on a good way for a newbie to pick a good horse!

XB

Dose not really matter Hun i am not letting u bet on horses!

jw
    jw's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6737

ahh well - that dream lasted a whole 6 minutes.

robmpink
    Update your status
    robmpink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

do what now?

BGboothA
    BGboothA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 212

Now thats hilarious

MathewXB
    Update your status

She has no control on my betting accounts. So I am still in need of some help.

XB

MathewXB
    Update your status

Is it better to go for the high odds horses or the low odds horses?

XB

jw
    jw's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6737

Theoretically - the lower priced horses should win more often ... this is because - the lower the price .. the more money has already been bet on those horses .... hopefully from people that have already studied the form and think that horse will win ... however ... the lowest price horse generally only wins around 30% of races ...

Blindly betting the lowest price horse is the quickest way to lose that betting bank - and is the quickest way to have Mrs MathewXB get annoyed with you again.

What you need to do to win - is learn how to study the form .. and find opportunities where a horse that you think will win the race .. is at longer odds in the betting - than you think it should be ....

Lots of people will use speed figures to work out which horse has the best chance .. lots of people will use the "class" of a horse (who it has run against in the past - how much money it has won) - you can also look at hot jockey/trainer combo's .... if a horse normally runs well at a particular course and/or distance ... if the horse has been training well at home ... is a horse an early running style horse - or a late finisher ... and what is it running against in todays race ... was a horse blocked/bumped or did it just get unlucky last time out ....

There are literally hundreds of "angles" that you can use to find an "edge" ... personally if you are serious about it ... I would advise you to get a "form reading for beginners" type book online somewhere and have a read of that before you jump in with anything more than a dollar or two at a time ...
    Last edited by jw; 02-23-10 at 12:35 PM.