ZINISTER
    ZINISTER's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4786

Ohio Derby Saturday

Looking for an opinion on Core Belief. I think the Cali horses have the mojo. He is lightly raced. Not much to go on. Anyone have some insight on this horse? I would like to hear someones take. Just got into the ponies this year. I have enjoyed the few times I get to the track. I'm a local to Thistledown in Ohio. Want to pick a horse with some odds to win the race. I am leaning toward Core Belief and Diamond King. Those 2 make up my Perfecta. How much credence can you put in the Equibase Speed Figure? Any help is welcome.

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3353

Took a quick look using Brisnets PP's. Core Belief has the fastest figure in the field. A 103 Brisnet number. However, it Looks like there is a lot of speed signed on for this race. Would probably lean towards the 3 Lone Sailor. His closing style may fit well here. A couple of recent bullet works. However, only 3/1 ML. If I was to take a shot it might be on the 9 O'Kratos. Has never run on dirt, but shows an improving pattern on synthetics. 2 recent bullet works. 12/1 ML. GL on the derby.

ZINISTER

I did take a hard look at O'Kratos. But, the surface change scared me off. If I had to put my life on the line to win it would be the Sailor. Thanks

Easy-Rider 66

Quote Originally Posted by ZINISTER View Post
    I did take a hard look at O'Kratos. But, the surface change scared me off. If I had to put my life on the line to win it would be the Sailor. Thanks
    Yeah the 9 has a bit better turf/synthetic pedigree than dirt. But if he is a price may be worth a small shot.

Jowframs
    Jowframs's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6645

Looks like a chalky Race
    Diamond King(Didn't like Slop in The Preakness,Gets Pennington back for this,fits horse well)
    Title Ready,Dream Baby Dream(Asmussen Runners lookin for a piece,use in the Exoctics)

ZINISTER

The weather report in our area will NOT favor Diamond King. May take him off my plays if it is a sloppy.

Jowframs

The weather report in our area will NOT favor Diamond King. May take him off my plays if it is a sloppy.
    Yeah I hear ya....Gl

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9476

#8 machismo (20-1)

picked him in the blue grass in which he went off 42-1.. had the 12 post and some trouble in the first turn and finished 12th..that was two starts back.. his last start he got caught behind the tortoise like pace in the arkansas derby (by brisnet figs) and finished dead last..

i'm going to give him a pass on those two because I like his first 5 and he shouldn't encounter these type of problems in this race.. his figures steadily increased in his first 4 races concluding with an 11 length win at gulfstream with a figure good enough to win this race

the big win was at 6.5f so I would need more in his 5th race to like him here.. even though he ran 4th of 9 in the fountain of youth (which was his first route race) he ran a figure that would put him right in the hunt in this race.. the foy was about 5-6 lengths faster than par and that was a very solid try going 2 turns first time.. has the speed to be
    a pace factor and you need to be close early at this track

working out nicely and will be ridden by a solid local jockey kevin radke
    Last edited by JBEX; 06-22-18 at 04:09 PM.

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by JBEX View Post
    #8 machismo (20-1)

picked him in the blue grass in which he went off 42-1.. had the 12 post and some trouble in the first turn and finished 12th..that was two starts back.. his last start he got caught behind the tortoise like pace in the arkansas derby (by brisnet figs) but finished dead last..

i'm going to give him a pass on those two because I like his first 5 and he shouldn't encounter these type of problems in this race.. his figures steadily increased in his first 4 races concluding with an 11 length win at gulfstream with a figure good enough to win this race

the big win was at 6.5f so I would need more in his 5th race to like him here.. even though he ran 4th of 9 in the fountain of youth (which was his first route race) he ran a figure that would put him right in the hunt in this race.. the foy was about 5-6 lengths faster than par and that was a very solid try going 2 turns first time.. has the speed to be
    a pace factor and you need to be close early at this track

working out nicely and will be ridden by a solid local jockey kevin radke
    besides mine I like core belief.. very fast pace in the peter pan at belmont and he held well finishing a solid 2nd... best route pace figures by a lot and think he can sit a little off the pace if he needs to.. cost a lot for his pedigree which for me even at this point is a positive.. they paid a lot for a reason

mrginandtonic
    mrginandtonic's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4536

Ohio Derby is the Race of Day for DRF, both experts picked 10- Core Belief (ML 5-1). I liked him too, and I think a lot of people do. So he probably won't go off at 5-1. If I have to pick a price horse, my pick will be Asmussen's horse, 5- Title Ready (ML 10-1), especially if the track comes up wet.

Easy-Rider 66

Ohio Derby on TVG R9 at approx. 5:10 eastern. With the various opinions here will be watching.

Easy-Rider 66

Harthebar just posted he Likes Flameaway in this race. So we have about 9 different horses here. Going to take a look 20 minutes before post and maybe change my position depending on the odds and track condition.
    Last edited by Easy-Rider 66; 06-23-18 at 10:50 AM.

Jowframs

Quote Originally Posted by Easy-Rider 66 View Post
    Harthebar just posted he Likes Flameaway in this race. So we have about 9 different horses here. Going to take a look 20 minutes before post and maybe change my position depending on the odds and track condition.
    Right behind you,gl

Easy-Rider 66

Quote Originally Posted by Jowframs View Post
    Right behind you,gl
    OK Sounds good. Same to you.

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Easy-Rider 66 View Post

he will definitely be the favorite.. toss the derby and 2-4 back he's run the best races
    Last edited by JBEX; 06-23-18 at 02:00 PM.

Easy-Rider 66

he will definitely be the favorite.. toss the derby and 2-4 back he's run the best races
    The 3 Lone Sailor favored 8 minutes out, but You may prove right by post time. Going to stay with my leans. GL to all playing.

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

wrong

mrginandtonic
    mrginandtonic's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4536

Quote Originally Posted by mrginandtonic View Post
    Ohio Derby is the Race of Day for DRF, both experts picked 10- Core Belief (ML 5-1). I liked him too, and I think a lot of people do. So he probably won't go off at 5-1. If I have to pick a price horse, my pick will be Asmussen's horse, 5- Title Ready (ML 10-1), especially if the track comes up wet.
    What a sh*t ride from the jock, he should have gotten 3rd, my trifecta would have hit.

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by mrginandtonic View Post
    What a sh*t ride from the jock, he should have gotten 3rd, my trifecta would have hit.
    I didn't see anything wrong with the ride.. he got squeezed in the upper stretch and still had horse after that.. if he didn't have that trouble i think he would have won or just missed.. good horse to follow in his next start

ZINISTER

Didn't hit any exotics. Did put $50 on Win, Place,show on Core Belief. Not bad for a rookie capper. $200 profit after losing tickets deducted. What a race! Lots of people wondering who won and a ton of people complaining about how Lone Sailor finished the race.

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

Didn't hit any exotics. Did put $50 on Win, Place,show on Core Belief. Not bad for a rookie capper. $200 profit after losing tickets deducted. What a race! Lots of people wondering who won and a ton of people complaining about how Lone Sailor finished the race.
    glad you hit zinister.. I thought irad rode him perfectly.. ground saving trip got through on the rail heading into the stretch.. hole opened up mid stretch and he just missed

ZINISTER

Those are days at the track that keep you coming back! Thanks