mrginandtonic
    mrginandtonic's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4536

Quote Originally Posted by JBEX View Post
    to me once they run at least a halfway decent race on the sod I assume they don't mind it... your's made a big run to get within a length at the eighth pole which at 9f is the mile mark and that's today's distance.. things I don't like are according to brisnet pace figures that race was 9 lengths fast to the pace call which of course is a big edge for a closer.. also jock a poor turf rider @ 5/97

my race I can understand the stretch out but if it's only the debut "even" in a fast race enough for me. .dam sire is northern afleet who is a sprint sire . she's stakes-placed but this one cost only 25k so that means little to me.. your's would be my other one and was thinking of making it my play.. I think will go off lower than ml (4-1)and if he doesn't probably not a good sign

good luck to you also

All good points. The biggest question that I have in my race is pace. Where will it come from?? Most likely scenario will be the 2- Nobrag Justfact. In fact, I think he may just be the lone speed in this race from that cozy post. If I can get anywhere between 6 to 8-1, I am gonna bet on him too. But if he is bet down, I think I may shy away.

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9476

Quote Originally Posted by mrginandtonic View Post
    All good points. The biggest question that I have in my race is pace. Where will it come from?? Most likely scenario will be the 2- Nobrag Justfact. In fact, I think he may just be the lone speed in this race from that cozy post. If I can get anywhere between 6 to 8-1, I am gonna bet on him too. But if he is bet down, I think I may shy away.

could be the 2- no brag justfact but I think ortiz might try for the lead with the 3-love sick kitten.. was within 3 lengths of a pace that was 11 lengths faster than par at the half and 6 lengths faster than par at the ¾
    Last edited by JBEX; 04-21-18 at 01:57 PM.

TonyP
    Update your status
    TonyP's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1290

Kee race 6 #10 Applewood cause I like the sire, he has speed breaking from outside hell get position.

Kee race 10 #9 slight turn back in distance , losing the blinks so I believe they will send him he might get position if not he goes wide, not much to go on in this race with lots of fts

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by TonyP View Post
    Kee race 6 #10 Applewood cause I like the sire, he has speed breaking from outside hell get position.

Kee race 10 #9 slight turn back in distance , losing the blinks so I believe they will send him he might get position if not he goes wide, not much to go on in this race with lots of fts
    he's last at the start in his last 4 races.. don't get it ?

TonyP
    Update your status

he's last at the start in his last 4 races.. don't get it ?
    ok if and that it an if he likes the turf his sire who is bodemeister has speed so he should if and again if he likes the turf since hes on the outside he should be able to get good position

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

ok if and that it an if he likes the turf his sire who is bodemeister has speed so he should if and again if he likes the turf since hes on the outside he should be able to get good position
    I don't see it but we'll see .bodemeister an average turf sire at best and even if he does take to it don't think it'll affect
    his running style which is deep closer

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3353

Agree with Tony P here Race 6. Like the #10 Applewood. Like the gradual progression last 3 races. Better breeder rating for turf. 1st try on the sod. Also will box 2/6/10

TonyP
    Update your status

I dont like playing those types of races and I dont play kee any more, I really like the turf racing once it gets started in spring at several different tracks

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

mrgnt..if you ever want to do it a 2nd time in a week let me know..I do feel that should be the cap no pun intended lol ..if I can i will and of course it'd be your track we choose from

mrginandtonic

Thank god he went off at 7-1, got some money back. So not a total loss for that race.

Keeneland 6 3.00 WP 2 $6.00 $38.40

mrginandtonic

mrgnt..if you ever want to do it a 2nd time in a week let me know..I do feel that should be the cap no pun intended lol ..if I can i will and of course it'd be your track we choose from
    Sure, JBEX, we can do another one. I can do tomorrow at Santa Anita and you can pick whatever you like. I don’t know which race yet.

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

Sure, JBEX, we can do another one. I can do tomorrow at Santa Anita and you can pick whatever you like. I don’t know which race yet.
    so it's ok to do any track or wait till you pick one from santa anita and do a different one from there ?

mrginandtonic

You can choose any track.

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

have it up by tomorrow 11am eastern ..that good?

mrginandtonic

have it up by tomorrow 11am eastern ..that good?
    Sounds good

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

Sounds good
    okay

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

mrgnt..i'll be at keeneland tomorrow.choosing from race 4,5,6,7 or 9

mrginandtonic

mrgnt..i'll be at keeneland tomorrow.choosing from race 4,5,6,7 or 9
    Ok, just FYI, I think there may be a chance of rain at Keenland

mrginandtonic

Santa Anita looks tough tomorrow

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

Ok, just FYI, I think there may be a chance of rain at Keenland
    accuweather has it dry so hopefully they're right..don't pick the toughest one at santa anita please lol

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

keeneland sunday

R9 #6 strategic ekati (5-1)

his running lines as a 2yo in sprints at the msw hint to me a route vs mcl would be a good spot..by an a p indy dam also can't hurt..only cost 15k so the 30k tag doesn't bother me..brad cox one of the best at keeneland at 18-8-1-1... with geroux riding the hookup is 17/41..nice moves in the morning

mrgnt race SA R6

I'm going with you here mrgnt 3-evo campo.. ran almost an identical (1 pt off) brisnet in the santa ana last year and this was her previous race today.. he followed that up with a win in the 1½ mile santa barbara and really lol what's another quarter mile ..12 furlongs 14 furlongs it's just a damn long race and besides others facing the same challenge.. think last at 1⅛ a little exercise and as you said trainer just incredible 2nd off the layoff ..brisnet has him at 18/57 with a healthy $1.06 profit for every $2 invested..ok mrgnt gl to us both
    Last edited by JBEX; 04-22-18 at 02:51 PM.

mrginandtonic

accuweather has it dry so hopefully they're right..don't pick the toughest one at santa anita please lol
    Lol, on the contrary, I’m trying to pick the easiest one...... And I can’t find one..... better to control myself tmr.... otherwise it maybe a bloodbath for me.... lol

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

Lol, on the contrary, I’m trying to pick the easiest one...... And I can’t find one..... better to control myself tmr.... otherwise it maybe a bloodbath for me.... lol
    try keeneland..they have some good betting races tomorrow

mrginandtonic

Santa Anita

Race 6, 1 3/4 Turf. Fir this marathon race, I will go with the 3- Evo Campo. She is getting 3 lbs from the others, her numbers maybe a little bit lower but she has tactical speed, I like Van Dyke as a turf rider. 2nd off of layoff, should be fit. Her ML is 4-1, may get even more. Like I said before, SA today is not easy.

GL all

TonyP
    Update your status

SA race 6
    big money mike on the 2 looks like class of race and will be the one to beat. I like the 7 getting kd back breaking on outside should get clean trip, like mr gnt like the 3 as well

TonyP
    Update your status

passing on the kee race

mrginandtonic

SA race 6
    big money mike on the 2 looks like class of race and will be the one to beat. I like the 7 getting kd back breaking on outside should get clean trip, like mr gnt like the 3 as well
    I thought about him too but the problem that I have is that even though he has been racing against tougher companies but he has yet to win one. He is 2 for 20 lifetime, after breaking maiden, he won an an allowance race last year (almost one year ago). Not exactly a confidence boost. Can he win?? I won’t be surprised but with his odds, I would rather take a shot at the mare. That’s just my opinion. GL.

TonyP
    Update your status

I thought about him too but the problem that I have is that even though he has been racing against tougher companies but he has yet to win one. He is 2 for 20 lifetime, after breaking maiden, he won an an allowance race last year (almost one year ago). Not exactly a confidence boost. Can he win?? I won’t be surprised but with his odds, I would rather take a shot at the mare. That’s just my opinion. GL.

what do you do with cnak lol

mrginandtonic

keeneland sunday

R9 #6 strategic ekati (5-1)

his running lines as a 2yo in sprints at the msw hint to me a route vs mcl would be a good spot..by an a p indy dam also can't hurt..only cost 15k so the 30k tag doesn't bother me..brad cox one of the best at keeneland at 18-8-1-1... with geroux riding the hookup is 17/41..nice moves in the morning
    Lol, I don’t know how I missed this, and I was waiting for you to put up the race.

Can’t argue too much, this race seems pretty wide open to me. Your points are all valid. I’m gonna take a stab at this one, gonna use the turf/dirt and sprint to route angles, like the fact that he made up some ground in his first start and trainer actually move him up. Gonna take the 3- Time for War (ML 10-1)

mrginandtonic

Lol, I don’t know how I missed this, and I was waiting for you to put up the race.

Can’t argue too much, this race seems pretty wide open to me. Your points are all valid. I’m gonna take a stab at this one, gonna use the turf/dirt and sprint to route angles, like the fact that he made up some ground in his first start and trainer actually move him up. Gonna take the 3- Time for War (ML 10-1)
    sh*t, just saw that he is scratched. Think I might passion this race unless I see something else.

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

added my write up to post 56

mrginandtonic

added my write up to post 56
    Yes, GL to us

TonyP
    Update your status

tough to beat big money mike in a money race think the 7 got help up a bit although it wouldnt have mattered and cnak tried to come on in the stretch and didnt have enough horse lol

mrginandtonic

SA race 6
    Good call on the 2- Nessy, mike Smith did a beautiful job

TonyP
    Update your status

Good call on the 2- Nessy, mike Smith did a beautiful job

thanks

First 12345 Last