Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9410

Wednesday at Belmont

Looking at Higher Incentive in Race 5 on the turf. This horse won 2 back in first turf try then ran a good second last out despite being stuck on the inside. Likely favorite so will watch the tote.

On Saturday at Delaware Park, I think the big favorite in the Delaware Oaks Cotton Blossom is beatable. Baffert is shipping in Tough Tiz's Sis, who ran a better race in the Kentucky Oaks than it appears, then won handily next out at Hollywood.

kdmfox
    kdmfox's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

At 8/5 ML I'm looking to beat this horse ... I'm gonna go with #4 Borrowing Base 10-1 ML ... O fer 2 on the turf getting Castellano back on board ... Went a mile a 1/4 on the turf last out and just ran around in a circle ... Cuts back to a mile and 1/16 and drops back for a tag ... Claimed 2 back ... Trainer must think she can run on the lawn or wouldn't have entered her back on.

50WP #4
    25EX Box 1/4

Also race 7 #2 Laura's Fury 8-1 ML ... Coming off 2 straight wins at a mile going to turf the 1st time ... Very questionable turf pedigree ... Desourmeaux stays aboard.

50WP

Seattle Slew

Entry right now at 8-5, but I think Higher Incentive wins this easily. No. 2 My Nina Rose beat him last out at 22-1 but had the better trip. I'll try a 1-2 exacta and WP on the entry.

Good luck on the 4. Seems to fit.

Quote Originally Posted by kdmfox View Post
    At 8/5 ML I'm looking to beat this horse ... I'm gonna go with #4 Borrowing Base 10-1 ML ... O fer 2 on the turf getting Castellano back on board ... Went a mile a 1/4 on the turf last out and just ran around in a circle ... Cuts back to a mile and 1/16 and drops back for a tag ... Claimed 2 back ... Trainer must think she can run on the lawn or wouldn't have entered her back on.

50WP #4
    25EX Box 1/4

Also race 7 #2 Laura's Fury 8-1 ML ... Coming off 2 straight wins at a mile going to turf the 1st time ... Very questionable turf pedigree ... Desourmeaux stays aboard.

50WP

Seattle Slew

Perfect

kdmfox

Quote Originally Posted by Seattle Slew View Post

Perfect

Hahahahahaha ... Well we had all the right numbers for a $72 EX and a $259 TRI ... I got a decent place price anyway ... I know you are a knowledgeable handicapper but I just can't deal with favorites ...Been burned too many times and I feel like a damn fool for betting them ... If I can't get by the chalk in my handicapping I just put a 20 to win and move on.

The #4 in that race steadied a bit in the stretch to go to the outside ... Questionable though if he could have got there.

Good luck.

Seattle Slew

Exactly right. I'm beyond stupid for betting a 4-5 shot in any race, let alone turf. Just stupid. Even if the 1 holds second, I would have won only about $12 on the WP and exacta play. Not worth it.

And I did feel like a damn fool after that race. Ready to stay out until Saratoga. That's the only track I seem to play smart at.

Then I thought "well I'll play Baffert's horse Saturday at Delaware then stay out." Right.

Quote Originally Posted by kdmfox View Post
    Hahahahahaha ... Well we had all the right numbers for a $72 EX and a $259 TRI ... I got a decent place price anyway ... I know you are a knowledgeable handicapper but I just can't deal with favorites ...Been burned too many times and I feel like a damn fool for betting them ... If I can't get by the chalk in my handicapping I just put a 20 to win and move on.

The #4 in that race steadied a bit in the stretch to go to the outside ... Questionable though if he could have got there.

Good luck.

kdmfox

I'm always on the search for 1st time turfers lately ... Just had a sweet one at Monmouth race 8 #4 Social Queen ... Had 6 dirt races with a 1st, 2nd and 3rd last 3 ... This horse is out of Dynaformer and won easily and paid 10.20 and 6.40.