BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Please Join Me

In taking a moment to offer a prayer and our deepest condolences to the Horses who died in that terrible Lilac Fire which swept through Bonsall and took most of San Luis Rey Downs with it. We also send our condolences to the trainers and owners who lost horses, some worth 6 figures. At least 25 horses are known to have died, but I am afraid that the count may go much higher. We who live in Southern California have gone through our own special kind of Hell this week, and it is not over yet. We hope that this is the last of the carnage that we see from this fire.

JayTris07
    JayTris07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

So Sad. As a horse lover and horse racing fan I'm heart broken. I pray that you and your family are safe.

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9150

horrible tragedy..my sympathy to all parties affected

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 68207

Such a terrible tragedy. My heart goes out to all those affected.

A special thought for Martine Bellocq, who galloped horses for me when her husband Pierre was my asst. trainer when I first started training in 1976 . Pierre's brother Remi did as well albeit briefly.

Remi Bellocq, the brother of Martine’s husband, Pierre Bellocq Jr., said that Martine suffered second- and third-degree burns over 50 percent of her body. She has been placed in a medically induced coma by doctors at UC San Diego Medical Center to undergo treatments for the burns, Remi Bellocq said.

This is all so sad.