docwatson
    docwatson's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 842

Doc's Horse Racing Index for 7/16/17:

Good Afternoon Racing friends,

I've got some races picked out for today at Belmont, Ellis, Woodbine, and Laurel. I may be adding some more as tracks starting later than 2:00 Eastern update their scratches.

I run a spreadsheet of all my races through Google Doc's and that's where you'll see my rankings.

For those new to my style, I rank horses A-H with A,B,C,D, and E being the primary focus on wins and exactas. I play win bets on my A-Ranked horses when their odds are 7/1 or higher. Most time I do this using the "Conditional Wager" button at Twinspires. Setting it at 7/1 or high with 0 minutes to post remaining for the B-C-D-E ranks I set that Conditional Wager at 10/1 or higher again at 0 minutes to post. I bet at minimum two horses to win on every race regardless of odds. Last night for example in the 12th at Gulfstream I had one horse that met my criteria for win bets. So I put a wager on the 9/1 E Ranked since it had the longest odds of the other four ranks. That paid off with a $21 win ticket.

I have wager bundles in the tab at the bottom of the sheet for those looking at what to risk per race. My exacta Bundles and win bets have done well over time, and I love when I get nice tax ticket sized Trifecta's.

Like all betting I do I look for what "I think" is value, and that's why I don't get to fixated on one horse or another to win. By tracking my plays over time with this spreadsheet is how I've derived at which ones to play at what odds.

Here's the link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1942662981

Check back later for updates.

Best of Fortune,

Doc

BOA12
    BOA12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2047

Quote Originally Posted by docwatson View Post
    Good Afternoon Racing friends,

I've got some races picked out for today at Belmont, Ellis, Woodbine, and Laurel. I may be adding some more as tracks starting later than 2:00 Eastern update their scratches.

I run a spreadsheet of all my races through Google Doc's and that's where you'll see my rankings.

For those new to my style, I rank horses A-H with A,B,C,D, and E being the primary focus on wins and exactas. I play win bets on my A-Ranked horses when their odds are 7/1 or higher. Most time I do this using the "Conditional Wager" button at Twinspires. Setting it at 7/1 or high with 0 minutes to post remaining for the B-C-D-E ranks I set that Conditional Wager at 10/1 or higher again at 0 minutes to post. I bet at minimum two horses to win on every race regardless of odds. Last night for example in the 12th at Gulfstream I had one horse that met my criteria for win bets. So I put a wager on the 9/1 E Ranked since it had the longest odds of the other four ranks. That paid off with a $21 win ticket.

I have wager bundles in the tab at the bottom of the sheet for those looking at what to risk per race. My exacta Bundles and win bets have done well over time, and I love when I get nice tax ticket sized Trifecta's.

Like all betting I do I look for what "I think" is value, and that's why I don't get to fixated on one horse or another to win. By tracking my plays over time with this spreadsheet is how I've derived at which ones to play at what odds.

Here's the link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1942662981

Check back later for updates.

Best of Fortune,

Doc
    tailing can't get out to get a form today. bol doctor

docwatson

Okay, I don't see anything else of interest so lets roll on with these.

Doc

docwatson

Quote Originally Posted by BOA12 View Post
    tailing can't get out to get a form today. bol doctor
    Sounds good BkofAma....

Off to a good start with the 5th at Laurel. The top Ranked A ranked came in at 7/1 ($17.60) dragging the C Ranked for the exacta ($99.40) and also had the trifecta ($159.60) for those that are indulging in that. A good handful to go!
    Doc

docwatson

Chalky 6th at Laurel Park, but we get the Exacta with the "E" ranked over the "C" ranked.to save a few bucks. On to Ellis Park 6th.

docwatson

Empty in the 6th and 7th at Ellis & Woodbine.

docwatson

Caught to the winner in the 8th at Belmont ($17.40), just missing the exacta. Before that the 8th at Ellis was exciting with the 97/1 E Ranked leading them down the stretch. The B Ranked won, but at 4.5/1 and no exacta it was for not.

Two more left.

docwatson

Nothing in the last at Woodbine. We have the 10th at Belmont remaining.

docwatson

Damn A ranked couldn't hang on and the C Ranked wins at 7/2, and no exacta. It started good, but didn't end like I wanted. Try em again next time.

Doc

BOA12
    BOA12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2047

Quote Originally Posted by docwatson View Post
    Damn A ranked couldn't hang on and the C Ranked wins at 7/2, and no exacta. It started good, but didn't end like I wanted. Try em again next time.

Doc
    impressed with your homework. You weren't my high school geometry teacher? Also Doc Watson. My ultimate interest is in DD and P3's,will always be interested in looking at your contenders when able. Been laid up with a pinched nerve for over a week so I can't get out. Who says horse racing is dead? bol and thanks doctor