BrickJames
    Action
    BrickJames's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8914

What RaceBook has the Best Promo?

I know betphoenix offers a weekly 15% rebate.

BrickJames
    Action

Crickets chirping

Foxx
    Foxx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11848

The 15% rebate at Phoenix must be on weekly losses which doesn't make it that good.

Betonline 7% rebate on on all bet types excluding some small tracks is pretty good. Cris books are 8% exotic I think, 3% rebate wps.

I don't mess around to much with offshore books though for horse racing as I can get better rebates in us based parimutuel shops plus offshores won't keep you around long if you know what you're doing.

It really all just depends what you bet, how much you bet, and where you're based.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Betonline probably the best for unregulated racebooks

USA Legal shops hard to say, many guys have private deals based on volume

BrickJames
    Action

I think 5dimes does a 10% rebate and pays it out daily.

biggie12
    biggie12's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1204

Quote Originally Posted by Foxx View Post
    The 15% rebate at Phoenix must be on weekly losses which doesn't make it that good.

Betonline 7% rebate on on all bet types excluding some small tracks is pretty good. Cris books are 8% exotic I think, 3% rebate wps.

I don't mess around to much with offshore books though for horse racing as I can get better rebates in us based parimutuel shops plus offshores won't keep you around long if you know what you're doing.

It really all just depends what you bet, how much you bet, and where you're based.
    Do u know what your doing?

jjgold

If your betting horses on a regular basis I think you need to re evaluate your gambling plan

biggie12

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    If your betting horses on a regular basis I think you need to re evaluate your gambling plan
    As an owner i would love to know how he is doing. (Since he says u can win if u know what your doing)

BrickJames
    Action

Biggie have you read that guy John Roberts book from Cocaine Cowboys?Is horse racing really as corrupt as he claims?

biggie12

Quote Originally Posted by BrickJames View Post
    Biggie have you read that guy John Roberts book from Cocaine Cowboys?Is horse racing really as corrupt as he claims?
    Have not read the book is it good maybe ill give it a read? whats it called

as far as woodbine racetrack does not seem to be corrupt as some would think

jjgold

Some UK/Aussie horse players win because betting system way different

1. Ability to lock in at fixed odds
    2. Many books offer different fixed odds
    2. exchange betting

Tote betting virtually impossible...great action sport to gamble on though

BrickJames
    Action

In American Desperado, Roberts describes: "After I made my first big score selling coke to Bernie Levine in California, Danny Mones told me racehorses were a good way to launder money." He and Danny Mones "started Mephisto Stables in 1977".[5][6]

In Chapter 62 of the book, Roberts recounts a variety of processes by which he used horses to launder money. Additionally, "[He] also learned how to fix races. There were many tricks."[5]

Also in chapter 62, Roberts describes another benefit to horses: "Dealing cocaine had promoted me into high society. Owning racehorses took me into the stratosphere." He recounts prominent people he met through his racehorse connections, such as "Judge Joe Johnson, who hosted horse auctions", and through him, "We got friendly with Cliff Perlman, who owned Caesar's Palace. When I'd go to Caesar's and get comped, everybody assumed it was because of my Mafia connections. No, I was connected to Caesar's Palace by a Kentucky judge." Through the same circle, "We ended up becoming friends with Al Tannenbaum[7] and his girlfriend, Gloria. Al was a guy who'd made it big in stereos."

He describes a particular horse in the epigraph to his book:[5]

Desperado, the horse that I thought would win the Derby and make me famous as something more than a gangster, was a baby when I got him. He hadn't been trained how to run, but he could already fly on the grass. He had good instincts. He didn't like other horses. You don't want a sociable horse. They stay in the pack. You want a horse who likes to run in front of all the other horses. Desperado was a killer. I named him Desperado because I saw myself in his eyes.
    Roberts also describes an honest jockey he had hired, and that jockey's demise:

At Calder, I had a jockey named Nick Navarro who worked for me. He was one of the good guys. He wouldn't hold horses or charge them or run them on dope. He was very skilled, and when I ran my horses clean, I used Nick.
    One day in 1977 [sic] he ran a race for me at Calder. I walked up to him after he finished. He put his hand up to wave, and there was a powerful explosion. A bolt of lightning came out of the sky and hit him.

BrickJames
    Action

From Wikipedia

BrickJames
    Action

Jockey Is Killed by Lightning

VIEW PAGE IN TIMESMACHINE
    December 29, 1978, Page 17
    THE NEW YORK TIMES ARCHIVES
    SPECIAL TO THE NEW YORK TIMES
    DECEMBER 29, 1978
    MIAMI, Dec. 28 (UPI) — Nick Navarro, the third leading jockey at. this fall's meeting at Calder Race Course, was killed by lightning today soon after the finish of the second race.

biggie12

The horse industry is like 10% of what it used to be back in the 70's 80's

biggie12

Quote Originally Posted by biggie12 View Post
    The horse industry is like 10% of what it used to be back in the 70's 80's

Jockeys could always hold horses back etc.. drugs are not used anymore because of testing. But things like hot peperrz shoved up horse ass before race or some special smelling salts are still used im sure

Harry N. Lloyd
    Harry N. Lloyd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12914

Promos are for suckers. It's like asking which hooker is the least expensive. She's cheaper for a reason and any book that gives out big promos is probably one you want to avoid.

jjgold

Quote Originally Posted by Harry N. Lloyd View Post
    Promos are for suckers. It's like asking which hooker is the least expensive. She's cheaper for a reason and any book that gives out big promos is probably one you want to avoid.
    If it is a usa legal place it is ok

BrickJames
    Action

Quote Originally Posted by Harry N. Lloyd View Post
    That's a very broad generalization. If I'm going to bet horses and there's sites offering a 9% daily rebate like 5dimes I'm going to want that 9% back everyday what don't you understand about that?

biggie12

Brick 9% on overall losses for the day or 9% rebate on overall wagers?

BrickJames
    Action

Quote Originally Posted by biggie12 View Post
    Brick 9% on overall losses for the day or 9% rebate on overall wagers?
    Overall wagers. 9% of your total volume per day

jjgold

Offshore you never ever bet real close to post time

USA legal shops you can bet in the gate because hooked into the totes

biggie12

This is what ur up against. Im sure 5dimes odds are worse then odds in us/cad based shops

http://www.horseplayersassociation.o...7Sortable.html

pabonaparte
    bobbywaves aka the chosen one
    pabonaparte's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 593

matchbook offers decent promos for specific events