Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9566

Couple Sunday plays

Not betting on Saturday, but two horses I'm looking at on Sunday.

Belmont Race 8 Mike Lee stakes.
    No. 4 Chief's Lake. This colt was third off a 6-month layoff last out and should improve with that race under his belt. Reeled off 3 straight wins vs. NY Breds last fall.

Hollywood Race 3:
    No. 5 Getback Time. This horse has won 3 straight (DQ'd in last) and gets the outside post in this small field. Likely will be even money or less, however, but I think they're prepping her for some bigger races at Del Mar, where she'll be better value against better horses.

thezbar
    .lent
    thezbar's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1628

The only race I like tomorrow is the first at stockton. #1 and #5 are race fillers and basically have no shot. #6 is O.k but is coming off a layoff. #4 Jet Fuel won his last with some gas left in the tank. Smoking Joe can beat Sarah Nelson but I don't see it happening Sunday.I'm down on a cold trifecta #3 Sarah Nelson/#2 smoking Joe/#4 Jet Fuel. {small covers 2/3/4 and 3/2/6}

thezbar
    .lent
    thezbar's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1628

Results: Chief's Lake WON paying $8.90
    Getback Time ran second at 2/5 odds
    Stockton tri finished 3/2/6 paying $9.60

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9566

Chief's Lake was very impressive in his win. Battled between horses and drew clear handily. He likes the Saratoga surface, so he should race there next month or in August. Definite horse to watch.

The Getbacktime loss will boost his odds at Delmar in his next start and I think she'll be livea. She likely needs more distance than 6 furlongs. 7 furlongs is her best distance but she can likely run a mile.