DC SeanTaylor21
    DC SeanTaylor21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1031

Rookie looking for advice

Hey guys Iv been following this forum for about a week now. I am 23 and already have a slight sports gambling problem lol I risk what I can afford to lose but it is what it is. I have messed around betting major events like the Kentucky derby and Belmont but never with the smaller tracks. I was thinking about going to this local dog track that takes horse bets as well later this week. I am more of a straight up better where I pick 1 horses almost always the favorite and then put a slight bet on maybe the #3-4 favorite horse to win. What I am curious about is would it be safer to put a larger amount on a horse to place that is a big favorite? Although you will not win as much would it be about even money for a horse that is 9/2 odds? I am essentially looking for other ways to bet horses say $200 on one race and yeild the best outcome vs payout. Any suggestions and advice will be greatly appreciated. Oh and I was looking to get in on races this weekend.

Heppy10
    Heppy10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1574

If you want to spend $200 per race i would do $75 to win $125 to place on odds 5-1 or lower and $75 to win $125 to show on 6-1 or higher.

Pick a track and ill give you a horse in every race, give me %10 of your winnings?

DC SeanTaylor21

Thank you for the suggestion Im going to read up on a race and all the horses one by one and build my own bet. But I appreciate the offer and the advice. I was looking into the Blue Grass, Keeneland on Saturday.

DC SeanTaylor21

I am feeling @ 4/9/16 Keeneland:
    Race 6: #3 Cathryn Sophia
    M/L Odds: 1/1
    Race 9: #12 Stopchangingmaria
    M/L Odds: 7/2
    Race 10: #4 Zulu M/L Odds: 5/2

Heppy10
    Heppy10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1574

Quote Originally Posted by DC SeanTaylor21 View Post
    I am feeling @ 4/9/16 Keeneland:
    Race 6: #3 Cathryn Sophia
    M/L Odds: 1/1
    Race 9: #12 Stopchangingmaria
    M/L Odds: 7/2
    Race 10: #4 Zulu M/L Odds: 5/2
    Race 6: depends what they go off that but i think the #4, and #5 have more value, 3 hasnt ran at keenland or the distance before. If you get any odds on the 4 or 5 i would take them over the #3

Race 9: I love stopchargingmaria, i had her in the breeders and she made me money, i think she is the best horse in the race but she has the 12 post and shes cutting back to 7 furlongs which might make it tough for her to get up in time with her running style. I would go with the #3 or #7

Race 10: Dont see anything wrong with the #4 seems like a good bet

I wish you luck and dont want to steer you away from your picks just my thoughts