Betpoints: 84

Woodward Stakes@Saratoga Saturday

kdmfox
    kdmfox's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

Sun King ... 2nd choice ML at 7/2.

mad
    mad's Avatar Become A Pro!

Just watched Suaves last start win, boy he was impressive. 5L win with a blistering pace throughout. With Papi Chullo in this race too, it's gonna be on up front in this one, me thinks.

Suave for me, Flower Alley and Sun King the dangers.
    Last edited by mad; 08-31-06 at 11:04 PM.

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9450

I'm going to jinx your pick, but I like Sun King as well. He looks much better on paper than anyone in the race. Sloppy track in forecast could be a factor but I like Sun King with Flower Ally. I had Sun King in his two nose losses at 7-1 in the Met Mile and 6-1 in the Whitney. Hoping he breaks through but his price will be shorter.

In the Forego, gotta keep riding War Front. Second two back to BC Sprint champ Silver Train in Tom Fool and won Vanderbilt last out at 6 furlongs. Stretches back to 7 furlongs here and gets the 11 hole in 11-horse field. Tons of speed to his inside, so hopefully Santos can do like he did last time, sit off the speed until the turn and then go. Silver Wagon scares me since he's 3-4 at Saratoga. But he was 3rd last year in this race against much weaker. Trainer switch to Dutrow and gets Prado will obviously help.

Quote Originally Posted by kdmfox
    Sun King ... 2nd choice ML at 7/2.

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9450

Poster at one of the other boards nailed this 30-1 shot winner in Premium Tap (great call). He did beat Sun King two back at Belmont but ran awful in the Whitney. Sun King had no excuse. Looks like he has become a horse who doesn't want to pass horses.

Tough beat on War Front, who I was shocked was 5-1 final odds in the Forego and ran 2nd to Pomeroy. Thought War Front would pass him in the stretch but couldn't get past.

mad
    mad's Avatar Become A Pro!

Was a very nice call indeed. Must admit i paid the winner no attention when rating the race.

Suave very disappointing??? Interested to hear the excuse, track i suppose.
    Last edited by mad; 09-03-06 at 01:23 AM.