Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9450

Man O War at Belmont

All 7 horses PPs are in this story. I have to ride the Bobby Frankel horse Cacique again in this spot. I bet this horse the last 3 times he ran, with a win and two seconds. Showing Up has been a monster but faces older horses for the first time. I think I'll play him in the exacta.

Don't really like the other two Grade 1s this weekend at Belmont.

http://www.drf.com/news/article/78461.html

kdmfox
    kdmfox's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

Slew ... I'm thinking Showing Up in the M of W ... Both Cacique and Showing up ran in 1 1/4 races at Arlington on the same day with Showing Up setting the pace in a much faster race than Cacique was in ... I saw both races and Showing Up won easily while Cacique sitting 2nd in his race was full out trying to run down the Tin Man ... Showing Up gets 5 pounds this week and I'm thinking this horse tracks Cacique this week and blows by him in the stretch.

Cosmonaut was also in the same race as the slow paced Cacique race last time out ... He was quite a ways back and closed pretty good with no chance to win ... Leparoux is an up and coming jock and I can imagine him getting his pony a bit closer in this race ... My pick ... Showing Up 1st, Cosmonaut 2nd, Cacique 3rd

Good luck.

Seattle Slew

All valid points. I was surprised Cacique could not get past The Tin Man (who I really did not like at all) at Arlington, but it did appear speed was holding on that turf course, so I'm willing to give him another shot and hope Showing Up is not a monster (but good enough to run second). Good luck on your end.

If you're playing the Belmont 9th on Saturday, might want to look at Jelly Roll Rumble in the NYBred MSW on turf. 3rd last out at Saratoga when Gomez was unable to go outside at the 8th pole and had to cut inside the winner, and the horse appeared to shy away and even lost 2nd late to finish 3rd. Better trip might win this, but the price likely won't be 9-2 like last time. Plus, who knows how these horses run shifting back to Belmont. Always amazes me how horses run better at Saratoga, then stink at Belmont.

kdmfox

Slew ... The 9th at Belmont Sat. is the M of W ... I can't find JRR anywhere.

kdmfox

Quote Originally Posted by kdmfox
    Slew ... The 9th at Belmont Sat. is the M of W ... I can't find JRR anywhere.
    Oops ... Found him in race 10.

Seattle Slew

Yes, sorry, final race at Belmont is Race 10.

Quote Originally Posted by kdmfox
    Oops ... Found him in race 10.

Seattle Slew

Sorry about Jell Roll Rumble pick. Had the perfect setup, fast pace in front and clear sailing on the outside but couldn't get up. Killed my doubles.

Cacique was awesome in the Man O War. I thought Prado was in trouble nearing the turn when still in 4th, but he knew he had a ton of horse. Showing Up getting nipped killed my exactas, and Cacique went off the favorite in the final minutes after being 2-1 for the most part.

Looks like a BC Turf contender for sure.