Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9426

Saturday racing picks

Two races I'm playing.

Louisiana Derby from Fair Grounds:

Zanjero/w Circular Quay. Zanjero had the lead in deep stretch in the Risen Star only to falter back to 3rd in last 100 yards. It was his first start in 3 months and connections flying in Garrett Gomez to ride. Works for me, plus he should be a decent price of 4-1 or better. Circular Quay will be the big favorite off his trouble line in the Risen Star when taken out of the race by a fallen horse. Still, horse as yet to win a race around two turns.

Links below to PPs on LD and Gotham from Aqueduct. Not liking the Gotham that much, but might give Longley a look if the price is right. Favorite Summer Doldrums looks beatable to me.

http://www.drf.com/row/pps/07louisianaderby.pdf

http://www.drf.com/row/pps/07gotham.pdf

Race 9 at Aqueduct: Children's Annex. Been on this guy three straight races, a win at 7-2, 3rd at 18-1 and 2nd at 13-1. Shorter price likely here but should get the job done.

Seattle Slew

Adding Hendrix in Race 7 at the Fair Grounds.

EBone
    Washington State +140 over Wichita State
    EBone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

I'm gonna take a shot with this Pletcher horse. Mr. Sam I Am.....in Race 9 at Aqueduct.

We shall see. Pretty close to the rail on a semi-long ride. I see some value with the price.

Good luck SS.

E

zootiehead
    zootiehead's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Tri-box 1-5-6

kdmfox
    kdmfox's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

Not much front speed in the Louisiana Derby ... #5 Liquidity goes gate to wire ... #1 Zanjero 2nd

#1 Cowtown Cat in the Gotham ... #3 Summer Doldrums 2nd

EBone
    Washington State +140 over Wichita State
    EBone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

#1 Cowtown Cat in the Gotham as well. Not too sexy but whatever works. I seem to Pletcherized today.

E

Seattle Slew

Nice call on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by EBone View Post
    #1 Cowtown Cat in the Gotham as well. Not too sexy but whatever works. I seem to Pletcherized today.

E

Seattle Slew

Race 9 at FG:
    1 Circular Quay 5.20 3.00 2.20
    2 Ketchikan 4.20 3.60
    6 Zanjero 4.20

Zanjero might be one of those horses that runs just well enough to hit the board. Thought he'd get second in deep stretch, but the speed horse held well for the place.

Race 9 Aqueduct:

3 Children's Annex 6.50 3.50 2.30
    4 Love Abroad 4.80 3.30
    9 Jacks Express 3.20

Should have slammed this one more than I did. I did catch the exacta, which erased losses in FG and Aqueduct features.

Race 7 FG: Hendrix: Out.
    Race 8 Aqu: Longley. Out.

Quote Originally Posted by Seattle Slew View Post
    Two races I'm playing.

Louisiana Derby from Fair Grounds:

Zanjero/w Circular Quay. Zanjero had the lead in deep stretch in the Risen Star only to falter back to 3rd in last 100 yards. It was his first start in 3 months and connections flying in Garrett Gomez to ride. Works for me, plus he should be a decent price of 4-1 or better. Circular Quay will be the big favorite off his trouble line in the Risen Star when taken out of the race by a fallen horse. Still, horse as yet to win a race around two turns.

Links below to PPs on LD and Gotham from Aqueduct. Not liking the Gotham that much, but might give Longley a look if the price is right. Favorite Summer Doldrums looks beatable to me.

http://www.drf.com/row/pps/07louisianaderby.pdf

http://www.drf.com/row/pps/07gotham.pdf

Race 9 at Aqueduct: Children's Annex. Been on this guy three straight races, a win at 7-2, 3rd at 18-1 and 2nd at 13-1. Shorter price likely here but should get the job done.