Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9450

Saturday racing picks

Going to play the Pick 4 at Tampa Bay Downs. Don't usually have much luck at this track but going to try and beat a couple of favorites. First horses listed are WPS.

Race 9: No. 4 Court Folly/w No. 10 Steel the Glory

Race 10: No. 1 Dinner Break w/ No. 2 Autobahn Girl

Race 11: No. 10 Shared Dreams/ w No. 6 My Typhoon

Race 12: No. 4 Any Given Saturday w/No. 5 Most Distinguished. Trying to beat BC juvenile winner Street Sense in this spot.

Sunland Park Race 11: All Man (morning line 10-1)

EBone
    Washington State +140 over Wichita State
    EBone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

SS,

I'm chalkin it up again with Street Sense in the TB Derby. I certainly think the winner has to be one of the 3 mentioned in your post above. However I hope it is Street Sense. Again, not too sexy of a selection but you gotta go with whatever you think works.

E

Seattle Slew

My problem with Street Sense is I just think something is wrong. Waiting until March 17 to start his 3-year-old campaign and only using two prep races (today and Blue Grass) bucks every trend in the history of the Derby. Plus, they are sending him into one of the weakest prep races, although the Pletcher horse looks good and has a win over the track.

Seattle Slew

Adding Air Commander Race 9 at Santa Anita in Derby prep race. Likely a short price.

EBone
    Washington State +140 over Wichita State
    EBone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

I'll add it as well. Air Commander R9 @ Santa Anita....

$10 across WPS.

E

Seattle Slew

Congrats on Street Sense. I had the loser by a nose but a great stretch run by both horses. Not sure what to make of Street Sense, but he got the job done.

My recap to follow, and the results are not pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by EBone View Post
    SS,

I'm chalkin it up again with Street Sense in the TB Derby. I certainly think the winner has to be one of the 3 mentioned in your post above. However I hope it is Street Sense. Again, not too sexy of a selection but you gotta go with whatever you think works.

E

Seattle Slew

Tampa recap:
    Off
    Off
    Off
    2nd on Any Given Saturday

Sunland: Off (4th)

Santa Anita (2nd)

Worst day of the year betting horses. Actually finished last in two of the Tampa races and 2nd to last in another. That is harder than not cashing in 3 races.

Quote Originally Posted by Seattle Slew View Post
    Going to play the Pick 4 at Tampa Bay Downs. Don't usually have much luck at this track but going to try and beat a couple of favorites. First horses listed are WPS.

Race 9: No. 4 Court Folly/w No. 10 Steel the Glory

Race 10: No. 1 Dinner Break w/ No. 2 Autobahn Girl

Race 11: No. 10 Shared Dreams/ w No. 6 My Typhoon

Race 12: No. 4 Any Given Saturday w/No. 5 Most Distinguished. Trying to beat BC juvenile winner Street Sense in this spot.

Sunland Park Race 11: All Man (morning line 10-1)