Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9590

Saturday at Aqueduct

Race 6: No. 9 Children's Annex WPS w/ Nos. 1 and 8 in exacta box. 12-1 morning line on Annex. I've been on this horse 4 straight races (two wins, a 3rd and a 2nd) and all at decent odds. Steps up and back to the main track but might have a shot.

Race 8: No. 5 Swap Fliparoo w/ No. 4 Any Limit.

Lexington at Keeneland looks like a good betting race, but likely passing.

Seattle Slew

Going to try the Lexington with No. 4 Joe Got Even. Rider switch to Jara. Playing with likely favorite No. 3 Soaring By.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm passing on the ponnies today bud.

GL today Slew

Seattle Slew

I should have done that. 0-3. Somebody on another board nailed that 40-1 shot in the Lexington. Great call.

In the Aqueduct 6th, Children's Annex at 26-1 got a terrible ride from Jose Espinoza. Horse was in decent position down the backstretch, then he gets into trouble on the turn and loses all chance. Still rallied late up the rail inside of 4 horses to finish well.

He'll be a huge price next time as well because only people betting him will have notcied the lousy ride.

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan View Post
    I'm passing on the ponnies today bud.

GL today Slew

EBone
    Washington State +140 over Wichita State
    EBone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

SS, decided to take the Saturday off. Can't wait for post positions at the Derby. I'm sure they'll have another crowded field.

Depending upon the post position, I think Any Given Saturday has a chance as long as he is away from the big dogs (Curlin and Street Sense specifically). I think the 3 week turnaround was a little quick for him last time out so he should be ready to go on May 5th. Watching his last race, he wore out down the stretch and still finished 3rd in a decent field. Should get some very nice odds on him as well.

E

Seattle Slew

My big concern with him he's mostly run in small fields. Most horses will not react well to the Derby stampede unless they are at least used to running in 10, 12-horse fields.

AGS hasn't done that in his starts this year.

I'm sticking with Nobizlikeshowbiz, with Circular Quay and Zanjero as a longshot. I still can't believe Zanjero didn't win the Blue Grass. He might have run the best race, being stuck on the inside in the stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by EBone View Post
    Depending upon the post position, I think Any Given Saturday has a chance as long as he is away from the big dogs (Curlin and Street Sense specifically). I think the 3 week turnaround was a little quick for him last time out so he should be ready to go on May 5th. Watching his last race, he wore out down the stretch and still finished 3rd in a decent field. Should get some very nice odds on him as well.

E