PayMePal
    PayMePal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

Saratoga - August 21

Race 1 - Starting things off at the Spa today with a pretty small field (5) of horses that have yet to win two races. Surfspun is the horse to beat here. Coming off a field high Beyer of 82 and racing down in class, I expect this horse to get to the front early and hold that position. Also with a bit of speed, coming off three consecutive races posting Beyer's in the 70s, Call Daddy will look to join Surfspun at the front of the pact. Call Daddy's lone win came in his last race where he won by a length and a half. In his race before that, he finished second by a nose. I see these two dualing it out for the win. Rounding out my top three is Zayat Stables own Swagner. I love the owner jockey combination with Ortiz aboard, but I'm not convinced this horse can hang. Likely to include in some exotics. Beware of Stone Soprano exiting from the 1 post. He's 1 for 1 in races which makes handicapping him a bit more difficult. Based on past workouts, he looks to have a bit of speed, although, in his lone 6F race, he finished in 1:12 which is a second or two worse than the previously mentioned speedsters.

$20 across the board on Surfspun (total bet $60)
    $4 exacta box on Surfspun/Call Daddy (total bet $8)
    $2 trifecta on Surfspun/Call Daddy/Swagner (total bet $2)
    $2 trifecta on Call Daddy/Surfspun/Swagner (total bet $2)
    Total Bet = $72

PayMePal

Quote Originally Posted by PayMePal View Post
    Race 1 - Starting things off at the Spa today with a pretty small field (5) of horses that have yet to win two races. Surfspun is the horse to beat here. Coming off a field high Beyer of 82 and racing down in class, I expect this horse to get to the front early and hold that position. Also with a bit of speed, coming off three consecutive races posting Beyer's in the 70s, Call Daddy will look to join Surfspun at the front of the pact. Call Daddy's lone win came in his last race where he won by a length and a half. In his race before that, he finished second by a nose. I see these two dualing it out for the win. Rounding out my top three is Zayat Stables own Swagner. I love the owner jockey combination with Ortiz aboard, but I'm not convinced this horse can hang. Likely to include in some exotics. Beware of Stone Soprano exiting from the 1 post. He's 1 for 1 in races which makes handicapping him a bit more difficult. Based on past workouts, he looks to have a bit of speed, although, in his lone 6F race, he finished in 1:12 which is a second or two worse than the previously mentioned speedsters.

$20 across the board on Surfspun (total bet $60)
    $4 exacta box on Surfspun/Call Daddy (total bet $8)
    $2 trifecta on Surfspun/Call Daddy/Swagner (total bet $2)
    $2 trifecta on Call Daddy/Surfspun/Swagner (total bet $2)
    Total Bet = $72
    SMALL LOSS
    $20 across the board on Surfspun (total bet $60) = $23 + $21 = $44
    $4 exacta box on Surfspun/Call Daddy (total bet $8) = $25.20
    $2 trifecta on Surfspun/Call Daddy/Swagner (total bet $2) = LOST
    $2 trifecta on Call Daddy/Surfspun/Swagner (total bet $2) = LOST
    Total Bet = $72 : Total Won: $69.20

PayMePal

Race 4 - A couple of late scratches make this a 7 horse race. It's hard not to like Madison Blues who, just 3 weeks ago, finished 3rd, by a nose, in a race that included Sweet Advance, Sister Superior and Ranger's Express who finished 8, 9 and 7 respectively. Madison posted a Beyer of 73 in her last race, the highest Beyer in a last race among all competitors. Sweet Advance is trained by the legendary Todd Pletcher and has Velaquez to guide her down the track. It's interesting to note that Castellano took this horse around the track in its last outing and he opted to sit atop Fourstar Crook (late scratch) in this race. Although, I don't thinexpect that to make much of a difference. Saratiago has her best two finishes exiting from the 1 and 2 post. She will likely sit right behind the front 3 or 4 and try to make a move on the stretch - not sure she has the speed. Speaking of speed, Ranger's Express has the highest lifetime Beyer to post with a 78 just two races ago. So the question is, how telling was the 1 mile race on July 29 in which four of the seven horses in the field raced? Hopefully, it's quite telling, however, I am not incredibly confident here as is indicated by the bets to show.

$2 exacta box on Sweet Advance/Ranger's Express/Madison Blues (total bet $12)
    $10 show on Sweet Advance/Ranger's Express/ Madison Blues (total bet $10)
    $5 show on Saratiago (total bet $5)

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

On the 9 horse in Race 4. GL

PayMePal

Race 5 - Sorry for the delay. Didn't look to much into this with only four horses in the field. Saratoga Dreamer is deservedly the favorite. Won't pay much. Suggest to play an exacta Saratoga Dreamer and Bug Juice/Lord of Love..

$20 across the board on Saratoga Dreamer (total bet $60)
    $2 exacta on Saratoga Dreamer and Bug Juice (total bet $2)
    $2 exacta on Saratoga and Lord of Love (total bet $2)

PayMePal

Race 4 - Results

1. Saratiago 2. Ranger's Express 3. Lady in Shades 4. Madison Blues

Madison Blues led the whole way coming into the turn and fell off. That would have been a nice hit had she kept it up.

$2 exacta box on Sweet Advance/Ranger's Express/Madison Blues (total bet $12) = Loss
    $10 show on Sweet Advance/Ranger's Express/ Madison Blues (total bet *$30*) =$17.50
    $5 show on Saratiago (total bet $5) = $17
    Total Bet: $47 : Total Won: $35.50

PayMePal

Race 5 - Results

Success! 1. Saratoga Dreamer 2. Bug Juice 3. Lord of Love 4. Sun Worshipper

$20 across the board on Saratoga Dreamer (total bet *$40*) - $32 +$23
    $2 exacta on Saratoga Dreamer and Bug Juice (total bet $2) - $4.60
    $2 exacta on Saratoga and Lord of Love (total bet $2) - Loss
    Total Bet: $44 : Total Won: $59.60

*$20 show bet on Saratoga Dreamer was voided due to 4 horse field

PayMePal

Race 8 - Field of 8. Not too thrilled about this race... Scatter Joy is the favorite as bettors expect him to get out to the front early with his speed. His last two Beyer's are 90 and 96 and he's taking a drop down in class. Also taking a huge step down is Tenago. Tenago has raced in a number of stakes races as of late but has subpar finishes. Is this a big enough of a drop to help him get to the winners circle? I don't think so. Non Stop is back to the dirt after 6 races on the turf. In his last two dirt races at 7F and 6.5F he finished first posting a Beyer of 89 each time. If he keeps consistent, expect him to be in the money. You also can't hate on Seve breaking from the 2 spot. He hasn't finsihed worse than 3rd in his last 10 outings. Definitely going to use him in some exotics. A longer shot with a little bit of life is Nubin Ridge who is starting in his 2nd race with a new barn. Interested to see if he can make any noise.

$10 across the board on Scatter Joy (total bet $30)
    $2 exacta box on Scatter Joy/Seve/Non Stop/Tenago (total bet $18)
    $5 show on Nubin/Non Stop/Seve/Tenago (total bet $20)
    Total Bet = $68

PayMePal

Race 10 - Maiden race with 3 noobs, 2 horses trained by Pletch and one horse trained by Shug. Of the 6 horses that do have race experience, collectively, they have only raced a total of 9 times. That said, the field is pretty open. I am a huge Todd Pletcher fan and his horses always jump off the page for me. Ideal Quality is certainly a quality horse and is one of the six with a race under his belt. The track is a 1/2 furlong longer than his last race which I think will help as he showed speed down the stretch. Also a big fan of the rookie Marking. His sire Bernardini and dam Seventh Street both have G1 wins. He's had a number of bullet workouts and I hope he can do the same here. Will add Farraj (Pletcher's $1.6 mil horse) and Imslopokerodriguez in some exotics.

$20 across the board on Marking (total bet $60)
    $5 across the board on Farraj (total bet $15)
    $2 exacta box on Marking/Farraj/Ideal Quality/Imslopokerodriguez (total bet $24)
    $5 show on Dannie's Deceiver (long shot) (total bet $5)

PayMePal

well Farraj and Marking are both scratched. going to pound Imslopokerodriguez. Including Ideal Quality and Dannie's Deciever in an exacta box.