BGboothA
    BGboothA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 212

Holy Bull Stakes

Some quick thoughts on tomorrow’s Holy Bull States at Gulfstream Park.
    BLUEGRASS STINGER should get the lead from the 4 hole and will have the opportunity to set the pace along the historically fast Gulfstream track. If he is allowed to move up without much contention he may be able to ride the pace to a victory here in the Holy Bull. Even if another horse jumps out and challenges the lead I think its safe to say that Bluegrass should be able to hold on to part of the Kentucky Derby points and finish in the money here. He is trying two turns on the dirt for the first time, but this really shouldn’t be a problem.
    UPSTART is the morning line favorite and our top horse, coming off two strong finishes in both the BC Juvenile and ran 2nd in the Champagne stakes. He had excuses in the Juvenile and could be the best of this crop if he is given a clean go at it. This should be the tell-tell race for Upstart here as he will have one more shot to live up to his potential.
    FROSTED who finished 2nd in the Remsen is anothe rhorse who will be looking for his coming out party. A strong race in the Remsen last time out he could be set up to pop here and finally get the race he has been looking for. The fast Gulfstream track could be just what he was looking for.
    DOM THE BOMB is the longshot that could surprise some people in this one. Coming off back to back wins and looking good in his last outing at 1 1/16 miles. He should be moving well coming down the stretch and the outside post should give him a nice stalking trip to take a run at. We don’t really know if this horse is for real, but he will likely give you a nice price and wouldn’t be a huge surprise if he outruns his competition here. Definitely worth the price and could be part of a nice score.

BGboothA

Bummer, looks likeDOM THE BOMB opted to run in the Hutchenson instead, but Bluegrass will run in the Holy Bull.

BGboothA

Short prices in the first race, I thought the 2 was a decent price at 9/2, but couldn't catch the three down the stretch.

GP1.jpg

BGboothA

Looking at Race #2 here, the main thing in this one is going to be whether or not the 3 CONTRIP will be able to hold the lead. I dont' doubt that he will be able to grab the rail and make the lead, the 6 JACKWAGON will likely go with him. This is one of those races that may tell us a lot for how the track is playing.

We have it listed as a False Favorite and hopefully we can get a nice price with an exacta box 1-2-8-12.

GP2.jpg

BGboothA

Quote Originally Posted by BGboothA View Post
    Looking at Race #2 here, the main thing in this one is going to be whether or not the 3 CONTRIP will be able to hold the lead. I dont' doubt that he will be able to grab the rail and make the lead, the 6 JACKWAGON will likely go with him. This is one of those races that may tell us a lot for how the track is playing.

We have it listed as a False Favorite and hopefully we can get a nice price with an exacta box 1-2-8-12.

GP2.jpg
    And of course the #3 holds the lead and beats out my exacta box that finished 2-3-4-5, LOL.

Interesting part of this race...splits were 23.09 / 46.96 / 1:13.13 thats pretty quick even for a 7f race at Gulfstream. Something to keep an eye on.

BGboothA

Race 3 we go back to the turf, and the 12 BATTLE RED should win this one going away from the field. There is some interesting pace in here with the 9 PINHOOK who has a huge 112.3 EPS on the turf. That doesn't usually lead to a good run and you add that to the connections stretching this horse out to 7.5f this time out and the 9 will likely be up early, but will likely give away before they hit the stretch.

We are currently getting better than 10-1 on both the 4 and the 5 here...if they stay above 10 they are worth a play on thier own accord.

GP3.jpg

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3341

Booth: Who do like more the #4 or #5. Both above 10/1 10 minutes out.

BGboothA

I like the 4 more than I like the 5, the 4 should be in a better spot coming off the turn and will have the first run at the wire. The 5 will have to come from much further back IMO.

I have fair odds on the 4 somewhere around 5-1 and fair odds on the 5 closer to 8or9-1.

Of course I think the 12 is fair at 2-1 and we won't come close to seeing that in this field

BGboothA

Nice run by the 1 to win it there at the end...The 12 went wider than I would have liked into that first turn and was well closer than I think they wanted to be. I had the 1 in my top 4, but really didn't like the 5-1 price there. Nice win...the FTS 7 looked good too, may be one to watch.

BGboothA

alright, well not a great start to my GP day, but we will get them...I am off to Costco before the Hutch and Bull. Just for fun here is my pick5 ticket that starts in race 6

gpp4.JPG

Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13569

No GP on TVG. What is the best spot to see these live??

Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13569

I think I figured it out on tvg video stream.

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3341

Quote Originally Posted by Madison View Post
    No GP on TVG. What is the best spot to see these live??
    Go to the Gulfstream website and hit Gulfstream live for streaming. It's under racing information. Thx Booth for the info.

BGboothA

Quote Originally Posted by BGboothA View Post
    alright, well not a great start to my GP day, but we will get them...I am off to Costco before the Hutch and Bull. Just for fun here is my pick5 ticket that starts in race 6

gpp4.JPG
    Pick 5 starts in race 7, that was a typo...picks are still right

BGboothA

Alright lets get the 3 or 7 home even at short prices to start the pick 5....I am alive to one ticket with the 6....but woudl rather have the 3 or 7

BGboothA

Alright lets go...short price in the first leg....I got hte 4 and 7 alive on 4 tickets here in the 8th and I got the 3,6,10 alive on another ticket here.

BGboothA

Alive to the 5 in the 10th

BGboothA

Missed the 10th and would hat hit the final leg at a decent price in my top picks...ohh well, my account updated and they paid 4/5 8 bucks, so I hit that once at least..LOL.

I should have found the 4 in the 10th on there somewhere, but he wouldn't have been in my A column. He was coming off a short layoff (56 days) but he was also moving R2S and had a a nice advantage in the HBD L8 Value....for some reason that movement from R2S with a good L8 value seems to hit at some nice prices...but I didn't play it so it really doesn't matter.

Overall we had a nice day handicapping, I just didn't have a nice day betting.

HBD Gulfstream for all 11 races today