BGboothA
    BGboothA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 212

An Early Look at BC Friday

Early Friday Thoughts
    I haven’t got as far as I had hoped at this point, but I have the Friday BC races precapped and here are some of my initial thoughts.
    BC Juvenile Turf
    HOOTENANNY - Looked good in a close 2nd his last time out, and won nicely the race prior at Ascot. Turf pedigree good enough not to worry about and has raced well with consistent solid class ratings.
    IMPERIA - Looks like the best of the domestic starters, looking strong in G3 win last out at Belmont along with climbing speed figures. Wish he had more than two races to look at but a jump here doesn’t look out of the realm of possibilities.
    AKTABANTAY - Last outing wasn’t great finishing 6th at Longchamp, but the race before that he looked beautiful. Turf breeding numbers are nothing to scoff at and could really like the move to the longer mile and the Santa Anita turf.
    Luck of the Kitten - Always like a horse that has run well at Santa Anita and LOTK. His races have been pretty inconsistent, but hasn’t finished out of the top 2 in four attempts. Will likely get the lead in this field and will have a shot if the foreign shippers don’t take to the Santa Anita turf.

BC Dirt Mile
    FED BIZ - His 2nd place finish in the Awesome Again was very very impressive, he pressed the lead on a very fast pace and would have held on to hold off Shared Belief if the wire came a bit sooner. The drop down to a mile could be perfect. He has a great 3-1-1 record in 8 starts at Santa Anita and will likely be out front of this group as they make the final turn.
    TAPITURE - I love this horse here, his second in the PA Derby may have beat this field. He is working out very well at Santa Anita. This horse has showed moxy earlier in the season and may need a mile on this ground to turn in his best outing.
    GOLDENCENTS - Will likely be the favorite and for good reason, has always ran well here at Santa Anita and will look to defend his title. His 2nd place finish in his last outing was more impressive than it looks on paper running at least 4 wide the entire way around the 6f sprint and still only lost by a nose.

BC JuvenileFillies Turf
    QUALIFY - Love the late move she showed winning the G3 at Curragh and could be set up to succeed here going the longer distance. The turf pedigree ratings are off the charts and should ship well to the grounds at Santa Anita.
    OSAILA - Another foreign shipper who has showed well overseas, very similar to Qualify as I really think that whichever of these two like the surface the best will win.
    PARTISAN POLITICS - Love this horse and will hopefully get a good price on this one. I think this is the best bet of the domestic horses here. His last trip was horrible and still managed to move up from the rear to grab fourth. If she can get a clean trip I am excited to see what she can do as they make the final turn.
    ISABELLA SINGS - Looked great last out even though she finished 2nd after winning prior race by a length. Well-bred for the turf and should like the firmer ground of Santa Anita.

BC DISTAFF
    IOTAPA - This horse loves Santa Anita. The last time she ran this distance at this track she won the Vanity G1 by 10 lengths. She finished third last time out to Beholder and Tiz Midnight, but broke really slow and still made a nice move to take over third.
    BELLE GALLANTEY - Huge win last time out by more than 8 lengths. Has raced well at Santa Anita in her distant pace and could pop here after maturing since her last visit to the west coast. Will likely be sitting just off the pace and will have a shot coming down the lane.
    TIZ MIDNIGHT - Pace here is going to be interesting, Tiz could get a soft lead here and if they let her get out soft, she may be hard to catch.
    CLOSE HATCHES - Looked strong going into last race, but didn’t show up finishing 4th in the Spinster against a solid field. If she can return to form she will be near the leaders coming home.
    Points Awarded:

CTOWNsCAPPIN gave BGboothA 11 Betpoint(s) for this post.

toga toga gave BGboothA 50 Betpoint(s) for this post.

CTOWNsCAPPIN
    Update your status
    CTOWNsCAPPIN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 34

Good info here! Thanks.

cbiscuit
    cbiscuit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1714

Nice BG - looks like you might have the Dirt Mile figured... I want to go against Goldencents but his A game prob wins. Never a Fed Biz fan but his last showed alot dogging Shared all the way down. Liking Tapiture more and more each day.

The Distaff has me baffled so far. If forced to bet right now I would do a hefty show bet on Belle Gallantey, tahts the best I can do right now ... trying to figure out where they will all be at 1/2

Can I sell you on throwing Lady Eli into your JFT mix? A part of me feels a bit suckered by her but damn she looks great running.

Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13581

Many thanks for your time to post. Love some action and the sport but not a great horse handicapper so always appreciate you guys offering your wisdom.

toga toga
    toga toga's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8347

Nice first pick! Thanks. Made me take a more serious look and selection.