mrginandtonic
    mrginandtonic's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4536

Del Mar 8/31

Hit the Pick 5 yesterday, but didn't pay much. Was hoping for a long shot to end the 5th race. Anyways, gonna take another crack at this Pick 5. Today is definitely a much a harder card, I think I will be lucky if I pick 2 winners. So here goes....

Race 1
    One Mile MSW, on paper the 1-Danette looks pretty, she ran a mile last out and came third. But I don't really like her because she is stuck in the one hole again. Most of the others are stretching out for the first time. We can make an argument on each since I think this race is more wide open than it looks. So I am gonna take hit the ALL button, maybe except the 7 since I think it is really difficult to win first out at a mile.
    ALL

Race 2
    I think that the 2-Salsita should be a good single. 2nd off layoff, race well last time to get 2nd and earn the best last race beyer among these low level claimers.
    2-Salsita

Race 3
    One mile turf MSW, I am gonna take the 9 and the 2. I like the 9-Tiz Ladys Legs because she is out of Tiznow and I love Drysdale as a turf trainer. Also, an upgrade on the jock (from Couton to Bejarano). As for the 2-Educating, Proctor is among the few that can get the horse ready for 1st time debut at a mile or more. He likes to use Van Dyke quite a bit along with Stevens. Her works are decent, and she is out of Elusive Quaulity and Store Cat.
    9-Tiz Ladys Legs
    2-Educating

Race 4
    This race is really tough to cap for me. 1 1/16 Maiden Claiming. I think I am just gonna blindly take the 5-Designated simple because he is dropping from MSW to MCL, trainer Sadler has good stats on these types and also from turf to synth. Plus he is from Smart Strike, one of my favorite sires.
    5-Designated

Race 5
    I think Baffert wins this one. The 4-Jojo Warrior is too good in this group with the exception of 3-Fashion Plate. She was a couple of G1 events earlier then I don't what happened to her.
    4-Jojo Warrior
    3-Fashion Plate ??

As always, comments and suggestions are always welcome.

mrginandtonic

Everytime I think there is gonna be a long shot, the favorite always comes in. I think my ticket is already toast. The long shot probably gonna be in Race 4.

mrginandtonic

As expected, dead already.