mikemca
    Update Status
    mikemca's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 98

derbywars (resolved)

If you do pay attention to who you picked.
    Last edited by mikemca; 09-23-12 at 05:31 PM.

mikemca
    Update Status

Last edited by mikemca; 09-23-12 at 05:31 PM.

Arletta
    Arletta's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 129

Totally agree... I played in a contest there a few months back and received and email stating I tied with 2 other people and had won $530.

I was like YAY!!!!! It was one of their "Survivor" contests they hold.

I then woke the next morning with another e-mail saying they were sorry, but they had made an "error"... I was like WHAT?!!!!!

Never played there again after that.

terrygolf1313
    terrygolf1313's Avatar Become A Pro!

Totally agree mike quit playing there sometime ago

TonyP
    Update your status
    TonyP's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1290

Thanks for the heads up Mike.

DWMark
    DWMark's Avatar Become A Pro!

DerbyWars response

I talked to Mike. I think he switched his picks and thought he had the winner, but found out he made him the alternate instead.

He's a very good handicapper who's won over six figures on DerbyWars and played over 600 games. He won the $5,000 Super Derby Day contest a couple weeks ago, and it took a bomb for one guy to nail him at the wire in the $10,000 game last week (Sept. 25).

We've hosted thousands of contests and paid out over $1,000,000 on DerbyWars. As long as players are enjoying the game – we don’t care who wins.

In response to Arletta - We're really sorry, you are talking about our $5,000 Oaks-Derby Survivor game. The game didn't score correctly, but everyone's picks were there to see. It was a survivor game, which means you need to get every race correct to survive, and only one player (Rich V. picked the first four races (Kentucky Oaks, Turf Mile, Distaff, Woodford Reserve) to win the entire $5,000. Arletta and 7 others picked a show horse in the Derby and got 4 out of 5 in the sequence, but not 4 in a row. It was our mistake and I know it's upsetting to get an email to say you've won and then a correction email to say you didn't. Most of the players were very familiar with Survivor rules and didn't say a word because they knew they had lost. We can only say we're sorry.

If anyone has any questions, we are at support at derbywars dot com.

Mark

Mark Midland
    Co-Founder
    DerbyWars

Arletta

We are human... we all make mistakes.

mikemca
    Update Status

Yeah It was very dumb of me to make a thread while I was still in shock.After a couple days of thinking what could have happened,talking to Mark, and looking at the picks log from that day ,I guess this is what happened. I handicapped the day landing on Handsome Mike and put him as my pick in the two contests that I was playing.After some of the early races were run I thought it was best to hedge and flip 3/1 to 1/3 in the smaller contest and leave it the same in the big contest.After I did that I must have mistakenly thought I was looking at the smaller contest with the 3 still picked so I changed it giving me the 1 in both contests.Then as the race was run I was looking at a check mark next to Handsome Mike but didn't realize my error of having him as the alternate. Even now I still have lingering doubts but I have to admit that looking at it from a third person perspective the odds are it was my mistake.The only thing I can do is pay better attention.

Arletta

Quote Originally Posted by mikemca View Post
    Yeah It was very dumb of me to make a thread while I was still in shock.After a couple days of thinking what could have happened,talking to Mark, and looking at the picks log from that day ,I guess this is what happened. I handicapped the day landing on Handsome Mike and put him as my pick in the two contests that I was playing.After some of the early races were run I thought it was best to hedge and flip 3/1 to 1/3 in the smaller contest and leave it the same in the big contest.After I did that I must have mistakenly thought I was looking at the smaller contest with the 3 still picked so I changed it giving me the 1 in both contests.Then as the race was run I was looking at a check mark next to Handsome Mike but didn't realize my error of having him as the alternate. Even now I still have lingering doubts but I have to admit that looking at it from a third person perspective the odds are it was my mistake.The only thing I can do is pay better attention.
    Still sucks and hope you can just shake it off and get 'em in the next one.

mikemca
    Update Status

No doubt ,I don't think it will be a problem shaking it off though as I have been playing poker for years and have learned to deal with bad beats.Super Saturday is going to be a great day of racing,like 11 grade 1s in one day.Hopefully a profitable one too.

daoilman
    daoilman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

I like DerbyWars, it's a great site, only ever had one issue with grading and I contacted them and they straightened it out very quickly and correctly, they have great support, great games, it's a lot of fun, I hope they are around for a long time.

Slimpickens
    Slimpickens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6151

Is there any other sites online that offer daily contests similar to derbywars? Preferably one that includes New York racing.

mikemca
    Update Status

Quote Originally Posted by daoilman View Post
    I like DerbyWars, it's a great site, only ever had one issue with grading and I contacted them and they straightened it out very quickly and correctly, they have great support, great games, it's a lot of fun, I hope they are around for a long time.

Then why didn't you start a new thread saying so instead of bumping a 7 month old one that portrays it negatively when it was a mistake in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by Slimpickens View Post
    Is there any other sites online that offer daily contests similar to derbywars? Preferably one that includes New York racing.
    Not really ,the others I've seen only have feeder tournaments to big live contests.There is no need though, if you want to play horse racing contests online Derby Wars is the place and they have NY racing its just a little light during the winter.This thread was a mistake but and you aren't able to change the title.

daoilman

Then why didn't you start a new thread saying so instead of bumping a 7 month old one that portrays it negatively when it was a mistake in the first place?
    I was just browsing old threads and happened across this, I wasn't really thinking about it being dated, in fact I thought it was a pretty good thread, mistakes were made and they were corrected, no harm, no foul.
    As for the title, well the title spurs curiosity, it's actually a good draw for DW, folks who read the thread will find out the truth that DW is fare and square. Why they even had one of their reps in here, he paid you a big compliment, you have no basis for complaint.

daoilman

Please take a look at the 3-5 player contest section, today, April 10th they offered several contests at Aqueduct under that subsection.

Slimpickens

Quote Originally Posted by daoilman View Post
    Please take a look at the 3-5 player contest section, today, April 10th they offered several contests at Aqueduct under that subsection.
    Thanks I finally signed up today. Just getting my feet wet. Played in the 12 dollar dirty dozen and am the clear leader going into the last race. What are yours and any one else that plays there username? If you wanna share that is. Mine is the same as my name on here.

mikemca
    Update Status

Thanks I finally signed up today. Just getting my feet wet. Played in the 12 dollar dirty dozen and am the clear leader going into the last race. What are yours and any one else that plays there username? If you wanna share that is. Mine is the same as my name on here.

That's a dirty way to lose.I hate when someone sucks the whole tournament then stabs at a longshot in the last race and catches it.BTW I was on your tail in that tournament my name is Dynaformer.

The winner had

$0
    $0
    $0
    $0
    $0
    $0
    $0
    $50

Slimpickens

That's a dirty way to lose.I hate when someone sucks the whole tournament then stabs at a longshot in the last race and catches it.BTW I was on your tail in that tournament my name is Dynaformer.

The winner had

$0
    $0
    $0
    $0
    $0
    $0
    $0
    $50
    Yea, that was very dirty. I thought I was gonna lose 2nd as well. Suprised the place horse only paid about 10 dollars at 8-1 with a 23-1 winner.

burgaweddie
    burgaweddie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Burgaweddie, will be looking for ya mike