singgooner
    singgooner's Avatar Become A Pro!

Singgooner's Crackers – PART 2 - SCRATCHING – TAMPA RACE 8 – ET MAINTENANT

Singgooner's Crackers – PART 2 - SCRATCHING – TAMPA RACE 8 – ET MAINTENANT COMES IN

Record so far – WIN 1 out of 2 = 50% - PLACE 2/2 = 100%

Hi, just looked at the Tampa Bay scratchings and Mr. G. L. B. is OUT – so I am going IN on ET MAINTENANT – Tampa Bay Race 8.

In a nutshell – I think this horse is crying out for 7 furlongs. Only raced once at the course and distance and posted a good figure for a Tampa Bay Allowance Optional Claimer. Now drops at this distance into Claimer company at 7.

In this race back in 2012 – from the start tried to go with the 2/5fav and guess what – got mullered ! Halfway round – the horse run out of gas. So, in a higher grade – the horse found the level too tough.

Now back running in 2013 and its last 3 runs look promising.

Finger Lakes in its first run back in a low level claimer. Let the leaders take the early speed and cut through the field going around the home turn. The horse challenged for the lead at the top of the stretch – but ran wide giving up some lengths and was in the lead until the final 50 yards – so maybe first run back wasn’t fully wound up.
    Next time – again 6 furlongs and let’s the early speed go – but finds himself 4 wide going into the home turn. Et Maintenant hits the stretch in a good position after a 4 wide run and runs on to finish 2nd and looked like the horse wasn’t tired down the stretch.

And of course, Finger Lakes does not run any 7 furlong races.

Last race at Tampa Bay – stayed at 6 furlong distance. Again let the early speed go ahead of him. Got parked 4 wide around the home turn – but made a good run around the home turn from that wide position. Had a real battle down the straight with the winner that “bumped” and worried the horse out of a clean run down the stretch – but kept up with the winner and both went away from the early leader and the rest of the field.

So, the horse is getting better – since it’s come back – hasn’t been able to run 7f at Finger Lakes. The trainer put the horse in a 6f claimer and ran on strongly – which for me – I think the horse needs 7f and comes in at Claimer level and not its last 7f run – which was in Allowance Optional Claimer.

The opposition is good from Gintraker (but has never raced at 7f) and Diamond Willie (raced twice at 7f in Maiden Claimers – but still hasn’t posted a speed figure at 7f similar to Et Maintenant).

So, Et Maintenant can make a good move around the home turn and hang on down the stretch and beat any newcomers that want a fight !

OK, that’s it for sure – no more tips tonight – so let’s see if I can get a win double – feel very strong that both will hit the money and maybe keep my 100% record for placed (1st-2nd) horses.

Happy punting.

singgooner
    singgooner's Avatar Become A Pro!

Well - I was wrong about that - OK - it did hit the money in 3rd place, tracked the leaders and made a move - but definitely did not see out the 7 furlongs and the extra furlong. Apologies - my bad !

balls2wall
    balls2wall's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6601

get it next time gooner

keep the write ups coming