picantel
    picantel's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 433

kdmfox- friday harness racing

Saturday 11/12/05

Northfieldpark:
    Race #1
    #6 Agressive Ledew(9/2): I liked him last week and he came in 2nd. Parked the entire 1st Q at 27:2. No sooner did he settle in but the #1 came 1st over and he battled the rest of the way. No breathers although the 2nd quarter was in 30. Beat out by the heavy fave who was just about dropping half his class.

Race #2
    #5 Tiglon(7/2): Disgraceful drive by Merriman who is usually pretty good. Left in a lacksadasical manner and by the quarter was parked out 4th. Refused to take the hole and settled in for an entire parked out miled. He just hand rode until the final short stretch and came in an impressive 2nd. The #1 in this race parked him the entire last race and lost to Tiglon and the #1 is still favored in this race. Any half decent trip and this horse wins for fun. I like him with the #2 my golden anne who has a decent shot but a piss poor driver.

Race #3
    #4 Pacificam(5/2): This race has to be a joke. You are putting an invitational horse in with 15k claimers. lol lol. The only negative I see is Schillaci driving because he absolutely blows but even a monkey could drive this horse to the winner's circle. Because you will be lucky to get 3/5 I am putting him over the #1 YTwok-bug in a perfecta. This horse had to come from the 8 post last start and closed just as well as the 3 and 5. The #5 went first over last race but found an immediate hole so that hardly couts. Any decent leave and he sits in the 2hole behind the #4.

Race #4
    #3 Magical Wiz(9/2): ok ok I would play him harder if Ross was not on him. Shuffled back to 7th last trip and came out 3rd over. The 1st over horse chose to die at the 3/4 and when he did so MW got blindswitched and forced back to last. He took the rail and found room to swing under and 3 wide on the final short stretch to close respectably. His 2 previous races saw him parked first over. Not sure if the trips will take their toll but any decent trip sees him in the winner circle. I just may not get that from Ross. One thing to watch. Boring has driven the 6(12-1) and 9(8-1) but is on the 6 this race. Grismore takes the 9. I am not sure if boring chose the 6 or he was forced off the 9 as grismore is 10 times the driver boring is.

Race #5
    #6 Electric's A Flyin(10/1): The most difficult to pick out of the the first 5 races. This horse was the 8/5 fave last week and got beaten by the #5 by 7 lengths last race so why choose him? The #5 was 4th over last week with the 1st and 2nd over horses parked the mile. He went threewide just after the half but somehow got a break and was able to split inbetween horses to pull away from a tired field. The 6 was not so lucky and was trapped on the rail past the half. When he finally did get out it was into the dead flow and he was forced back on the rail. He went 5 and 6 wide etcaround the final turn and closed in the stretch. The problem? Two back he was creamed by the #4 who is dropping down from the invitational class and the #3 is also dropping and coming off a 31 1/2 length qualifier win. The #3 did break the previous 3 races however. I will maybe throw a half unit on the #6 with the knowledge I may get high odds with a realistic chance.

Race #6
    #2 Whosethemaster(5/2): No price here. Has been racing for much bigger money on different tracks. In the start over october he was racing in the same class at northfield and winning by 4+ races without trying. The #3 is the 3rd choice and I do not like him. Merriman opted off and he is a claimer going into non winners. The #9 has gone from open to nonwinners and should come in 2nd(Merrimans choice). Oddly enough I like the #8 patriot act at 15/1 ML to get in the tri. Bet down last race against these and got 4th by 2 after 1 horrible trip.

Race #7
    #7 Tivo(12/1): I ask myself why I am taking this horse who will undoubtedly come from near last again. The answer- GRISMORE. Boring got off this horse to jump on the 6 but I am still not conviced. He was 4th over last week to a 58:4 half. He went 3wide in a sweeping move up the backstretch and was of course forced wide around the turn. The #5 won that race for his 4th in a row but Tivo clearly outclosed him to come in 3rd. I will also be keeping my eye on the #1 punchcredible as to why Jones chose him over the #2. Punch got a decent trip but did not seem to have much. The line is wrong on pocket vance(#2) as it has him parked the mile. He was actually 3rd over and had nothing. One other to watch is the #9 tigerlee. Two bad trips with 2 bad drivers and now he moved to Holliday. IF the #1 does not leave he will be sitting in 3rd or 4th however which is game over. Not a huge play on Tivo but something I can see coming in at 8/1 or higher.

Race #8
    #2 Lonesome Fella(7/2): This is a crap race. The #1 looks tons the best coming off 4 horrible parked out trips. Mark puts his family on the bike for what looks like a sure wire to wire win but wait. Elliot is an awful driver and can realistically screw up even a rail ride. The 2nd choice is coming from the 8 hole so toss him out. Schillachi has the 9 hole and if he sweeps under my #2 he will destroy all his chances to win but Schillachi is a tool and a very non aggressive driver.. Nobody else seems to wanna leave which may give me the 2hole trip and the possibility of another 1/2 length win(had him last week at 21/1).

Race #9
    #7 Rick's On Belief(12/1): Merriman jumps off the 5 to the 6. Fisher jumps off the 6 to the 2. The 4 beats the 2 two starts back as a longshot and the 3 beats the 4 last race. What do we get here? A huge freakin mess is what. I am going with a longshot and grismore for a small play as this race is just pure crap. Grismore left with the 7 last race and settled in 5th. He immediately went 1st over and parked the entire mile until his horse dropped back 16 lengths as the very exhausted fave. I see 4 early bangers here including the 7 but you never know with a decent trip. IF they bang out the 3 or 4 sweeps the field.

Race #10
    #4 Buster Seelster(3-1): I love this play and let me tell you why. This horse leaves from the 5 hole and is 4wide around the first turn. He is stuck 3wide behind a horse who eventually settles in the 3hole and rushes up to take the lead well past the 1st quarter. He easily seperates and hand rides him the entire race for an easy win. He was stratched sick in early october and came back at the end of october to qualify 2nd to MD Jewel who is an open horse at northfield. The #1 magic dart is the fave but his last race he sat 3rd the entire trip and whipped his horse the entire trip and never closed. I will probably put multiple units on this horse in the hopes he makes the lead again.

Race #11
    #4 Chris Crombie(7/2): Yes equalize has been sensational. However, he is moving uo 10k in class and will be duking it out with the 5. Any 2nd over trip or better and the #4 sweeps. I am also considering the 7 town gazelle in the pic 3s and tris.

Race #12
    #1 Rob Roy Mattgregor(5/2): If this horse does not win by 5+ I will eat my shorts. The driver sucks but cmon this horse was racing against 10 times tougher horses at the meadowlands. The 1 in a romp.

Race #13
    #9 Thunder Bird(12/1): I sat looking at this racing thinking wtf. Merriman gets off the 3/1 #6 hes inebriated who he chose over the 9 last race as the fave. The 6 beat the 9 by around 7 lengths with a horrible trip. However, Mapes drove last time and he sucks and still closed 5 in the stretch.
    Last edited by picantel; 11-11-05 at 06:55 PM.

kdmfox
    kdmfox's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

Hey pic ... Day off today as I'm a vet ... I have a nice boss ... hehe ... I've been looking over Woodbine, Meadows (5pm EST), and Maywood for tonight ... I'll post picks a little later ... Don't forget Thinkative in the 1st at Woodbine ... The 2 horses outside of him are both leavers so he will be probably sitting last in a 7 horse field ...Both these early speed guys lay down a decent pace so if Thinkative can get a live flow he'll storm past the field in the stretch ... Driver change to Christoforou.

picantel

Great. IF you are bored and wanna watch replays then watch each replay for the choices I am putting above and tell me what you think. I am spending the whole day preparing and my goal is a $1500 profit tonight which I believe I can get.

kdmfox

I'll tickle your Northfield picks blind ... I've never had much luck there.

kdmfox

Woodbine

Race 1 ... #5 Thinkative
    Race 2 ... #3 Illusionist
    Race 3 ... #3 Henninger T
    Race 4 ... #3 Mr Chairman ... #2 Davay To San Jose 2nd
    Race 5 ... #3 A And Gs Rockette
    Race 6 ... #3 Natural Luck
    Race 7 ... #2 Apache Limo ... Hasn't won a race this year ... Been 1st over in 3 of last 4 starts with two thirds and a second ... A better drive tonight gets horse this horse home.

Race 8 ... #8 Gifted Seelster ... #10 Digga Digga 2nd
    Race 9 ... #9 No Free Parking
    Race 10 .. #5 Sweet Deal Hanover
    Race 11 .. #10 Nifty Norman

Meadows

Race 1 ... #4 Pastille Hanover ... #1 Catch The Dragon 2nd
    Race 2 ... #4 Paper Clip
    Race 3 ... #3 Here Comes Cammie
    Race 4 ... #6 I'm Just A Lady ... #2 Whotookwhat 2nd
    Race 5 ... #8 Breannes Honor ... #3 J Ds Majesty 2nd
    Race 6 ... #7 Asking Amanda
    Race 7 ... #6 Fully Committed ... #7 Imawhiner 2ND
    Race 8 ... #5 B Flotograph
    Race 9 ... #7 Love The Game ... #8 Magic Sugar 2nd
    Race 10 .. #5 Enchanted Beauty
    Race 11 .. #2 Ellen's Angel
    Race 12 .. #5 Rain Dance Jessica ... #3 Look Lorena
    Race 13 .. #2 Bound To Be There

I printed out the Northfield program ... Will take a look.
    Last edited by kdmfox; 11-11-05 at 02:25 PM.

kdmfox

Jeeeeeeeeeezus pic ... You handicapped Saturday's Northfield ... Something looked screwy.

picantel

lol lol I did not even see that. Must get off the crack. Arrghh no do not wanna go through todays again. Maybe tonight I stick with woodbine and tomorrow do northfield lol

picantel

damn the #7 race 7 churchill is getting alot of play. hitting him for 4 units now. who knows.
    bah 4th with a good trip. Man the #1 romney marsh would have won at 30-1 but he could never find room.
    Last edited by picantel; 11-11-05 at 02:39 PM.

picantel

not to be outdone my last play before woodbine will be
    Hawthorne
    Race #4
    #3 Bubba boy
    tri 3/1,2/1,2,4,8,10,12

bah the 3 won so I got it but missed the tri. It came in(figures):
    3-8-1-2
    Last edited by picantel; 11-11-05 at 02:48 PM.

picantel

Ok I chose my woodbine picks without looking at yours.

kdmfox:
    Woodbine

Race 1 ... #5 Thinkative
    Race 2 ... #3 Illusionist
    Race 3 ... #3 Henninger T
    Race 4 ... #3 Mr Chairman ... #2 Davay To San Jose 2nd
    Race 5 ... #3 A And Gs Rockette
    Race 6 ... #3 Natural Luck
    Race 7 ... #2 Apache Limo
    Race 8 ... #8 Gifted Seelster ... #10 Digga Digga 2nd
    Race 9 ... #9 No Free Parking
    Race 10 .. #5 Sweet Deal Hanover
    Race 11 .. #10 Nifty Norman

picantel:
    Race 1: #5 Thinkative
    Race 2: #3 Illusionist
    Race 3: #9 Vino Camielle
    Race 4: #7 Whitesand Dancer
    Race 5: #10 Yankee Anthem
    Race 6: #9 Sharpenette
    Race 7: #7 Groovie Day
    Race 8: #8 Gifted Seelster
    Race 9: #1 Colonel Cam
    Race 10: #5 Sweet Deal Hanover
    Race 11: #7 Mercenary Hall

picantel

Meadows
    kdmfox:
    Race 1 ... #4 Pastille Hanover
    Race 2 ... #4 Paper Clip
    Race 3 ... #3 Here Comes Cammie
    Race 4 ... #6 I'm Just A Lady
    Race 5 ... #8 Breannes Honor .
    Race 6 ... #7 Asking Amanda
    Race 7 ... #6 Fully Committed
    Race 8 ... #5 B Flotograph
    Race 9 ... #7 Love The Game
    Race 10 .. #5 Enchanted Beauty
    Race 11 .. #2 Ellen's Angel
    Race 12 .. #5 Rain Dance Jessica
    Race 13 .. #2 Bound To Be There

Have no program so obviously just gonna play the odds. I will also play small for the longshots.

Race 1: #2 Painted Biscuit
    Race 2: #2 Gildone(like your 4 also)
    Race 3: #2 I Noah Wand(boxing with your 3)
    Race 4: #2 Whotookwhat
    Race 5: #9 Big Bud Time
    Race 6: #4 Crying Photo
    Race 7: #4 Easy on the Eyes
    Race 8: #6 Flawless Lily
    Last edited by picantel; 11-11-05 at 06:01 PM.

picantel

hey fox do you have msn messenger? If you do hit me up on picanteL@hotmail.com. It would be easier to compare picks there.

picantel

you around fox? kinda quiet. Gonna play a few northfield here and there. I am getting tired so a nap sounds good after thinkative(or before).

northfield

Race 1: #1 Awesome Connection

kdmfox

I'm here and there ... Northfield race 1 #4 Ms Perfecta with the #2 second race.

picantel

woo we are sitting 1,2 right now.

picantel

oh great 2nd and 3rd. what really pisses me off is that kash got off the winner(who I always play) so I thought oh well maybe it is not live. damn damn damn.

kdmfox

Thinkative is gonna be a nice price if he can get home.

picantel

wtf 7-1 now on him with a minute to go. I will be laughing to the bank if he stays flat. short field, will not be far back, best driver at woodbine. hmm.

picantel

dude we got ****ed. why the **** did he not move out 3rd over instead of burying himself on the rail. he pulls out late 20 back and rumbled down to 2nd place. bullshit. absolute bullshit drive.

kdmfox

Quote Originally Posted by picantel
    dude we got ****ed. why the **** did he not move out 3rd over instead of burying himself on the rail. he pulls out late 20 back and rumbled down to 2nd place. bullshit. absolute bullshit drive.
    Well, he was last like i figured he would, and yes he gave him a crap drive ... Had 200WP.

kdmfox

He never should have rushed him up inside like he did ... Ran into a wall ... He should know better.

picantel

yah it took him half the stretch to end up 8 wide. The dead cover that kept him trapt did not help either. Why would you rush a horse known for breaking up the rail quickly into the back of another horse. Common sense dictates you easy back and pull out so the outside trip is less sharp and easier for the known breaker.

kdmfox

One thing about harness racing ... A million things can go wrong for your horse vs. a few going right.

picantel

yah I just wish the thing going wrong was not done on purpose. There are some things you can control and Chris is an excellent driver who had no excuse. Well on to the next races but I am still steamin mad.

kdmfox

He would have jogged past that field if he was in a flow, even last on an outside flow with that short field.

picantel

shit nothing is going right. had illusionist pegged over jetlag hard in a perfecta with the 2 in 3rd for a tri and of course it comes in 4-3-2. Jamieson could have put in more of an effort when he had jetlag parked out. He just sat there playing with his dick.

picantel

freakin finally. Vino Camielle came in for me at 8-1. Had 50/50 on him and had him in the pic 3s. If thinkative woulda hit I woulda had that pic3 dammit. If you remember at the meadowlands vino(who loved to break) was driven by campbell at those stakes races. I am still pissed at Chris though lol.

kdmfox

Nice one ... Just had a 7/2 at Meadows 150W.

picantel

awesome. I am sticking with woodbine only now after getting creamed by thinkative and having no program on meadows. I have a pic3 going with jet lag and vino and I took the 3,7 in race 4.

kdmfox

I do like that #3 in race 4.

kdmfox

I need Palone in the last race to cash a $40 double which is coming back 23 ... I don't think Palone has won a race tonight ... He won 8 last night I think.

picantel

well you got the fave. Yah palone has looked horrible tonight. breakers. bad driving. I have rock n roll kosmos in that race. I took it on a whim.

picantel

mine caves to easy fractions and palone ends his night with another crap trip.

picantel

well fox if gifted seelster does not win I am gonna call it a night. too many disappointing 2nds. I also boxed him with northwestern(I always play him lol).

kdmfox

I called it a night also ... Bet ahead the last 3 at Woodbine and just saw they were all winners ... No Free Parking (20.90), Sweet Deal Hanover (4.30), and Nifty Norman (8.90) ... Had the last double (24.20) x20 and Pick 3 (92.00) x10 ... I'd say that Pick 3 came up a bit short.

I have one at Balmoral tonight ... Tabbed him a few weeks ago and he's in the perfect spot tonight.

12 Last