cutchemist42
    cutchemist42's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5801

Exactor betting, good strategy to key a winner with 2,3,4 horses for 2nd?

If you could pick a winner at a decent rate, how many horses would be too much to wheel it with. I know not every race/situation is the same, but is there general thinking that 4 horses might be too much?

mikemca
    Update Status
    mikemca's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 98

It all depends on the key horse.The higher the price the more horses you use under.

mikemca
    Update Status
    mikemca's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 98

And the race...I bet primarily Win bets and exactas and a lot of the races you can have a good idea of who has a chance to win or place.Most races anyone can finish 4th to fill out a super but generally there are only 3 to 5 horses that can at least place.

harthebar
    harthebar's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9700

I learned one lesson ..it was a big one.....I agree with as regards with a higher odd horse, first off always make sure you bet the horse to win with odds that are ,never walk away empty handed, there is always a good rule to follow, who needs exotics if the horse is going to be paying 20 30 dollars , as far as the exacta.....don't leave no one out....when messing with odds....you never know....and for the few extra dollars ....its not worth leaving a couple of pigs out.......last meet at gulfstream ...I posted a horse sugar ryan.....lost by a nose at 50-1 but I used him for second also , in exacta , but in the trifecta I got cute left 2 horses out and the 1 horse I left out got 3rd 1.00 tri paid almost 10,000 ......because I got cheap ....,,,,,,......so I can see if you like a 3-1 shot .....and you want to key him up with 3-4 horses ,but never with a bomb.............hope that helps......from my error...

floridagolfer
    floridagolfer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12339

This changes race to race. We've all looked at PPs and said to ourselves, 'Geez, there are 10 horses in this race and any one of them can win,' and we've had races where we were confident that there were only a very small number of logical contenders. This also has a lot to do with money management; the more combinations you play, the worse your return is going to be.