BGboothA
    BGboothA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 212

Arlington Million Day

• 7 Indy Point (ARG)
    • 3 Hunter’s Light
    • 13 Grandeur
    • 10 The Apachee

Real Solution is coming off a strong third place finish in the Manhattan G-1 falling to Point of Entry and Optimizer running a strong race. If he can repeat that performance he will be close to the finish here. That being said this horse hasn’t ran in 70+ days and this is going to be a tough first back. This colt has shown some success on some of the heavier turf over in Italy and will definitely be worth a glance if the turf becomes ugly. His HBD figures show a negative value in both the Strong Start and the Strong Finish, combined with a long layoff I don’t see him in the winners circle.

Finnegans Wake is an interesting horse who is coming off two 4th place finishes in G-1 events, both time taking some strange paths down the stretch. This horse drifts more than that horrible third installment of Fast and Furious. Even though he is coming off a sharp workout at Churchill Downs at 5f last week, I just don’t see this horse anywhere near contention.

3 Hunter’s Light
    is the world traveler of the race, this horse has raced in Germany, Singapore, United Arab Emirates, Italy, France, Turkey and England, just in its last 10 races. Including a G1 win in Italy back in November, and two wins (G2 and a G1) his first two starts in the UAE. His last race was a third place finish, but the replay (although it was in German) didn’t look very impressive, he held a slow pace up front and couldn’t hold off a charging Neatico on some softer ground. The race before was a tough 6th place finish, but never had a chance with the ride he got in that race. However, the firm ground here in the states may be more to his liking and the first time Lasix could make for a nice boost as well. For some reason I like this horse here.

4 Nate’s Mineshaft
    is coming off a win lat time out here on the Arlington Park turf, but that was against much much weaker competition than he will see in the Million. While I expect this horse to lead the race early on, I don’t see how he can be near the front at the 10f mark. Our sheets show him as the top pick, but with all of the foreigners in the crowd, I just don’t see this horse being near the front the pack down the stretch with a horrible -16.3 Strong Finish rating.

5 Temeraine
    another 30/1 ML coming off a nice ride here at Arlington Park his last time out, but simply doesn’t look like he belongs in this field. Ran second in the Arlington Handicap G2 coming on strong down the stretch and his late kick may put him in the back end of the exotics, but I don’t think it will put him in the winners circle.

6 Side Glance
    is another foreigner moving across the Atlantic from England and the UAE, but hasn’t found himself in the winners circle in over a year. in fact he hasn’t placed in the money since a second place finish back in September. Even with first time Lasix, this horse was my first toss out of the foreign contingent.

Indy Point is another foreigner this time from Argentina, but this time looks like he could be the one to beat in this field. Coming off an ungraded win at Del Mar in his first race in the states, he got a nice pace to run into and won going away pretty easily at a mile. This horse has won 6 of its last 10 starts in graded stakes fashion and hasn’t finished out of the money in any of them down in Argentina over a number of different conditions. Gary Stevens will get his second mount on this horse and I think will be one of my top picks come post time.

Mull of Kilough first of all I have no idea how to actually pronounce this name, even after watching the replays I am not sure I could get it. This is a horse that has run well in Ireland over some heavy and soft turf, but really didn’t show up in Singapore when he had the chance to run on something more firm. With the turf course likely to be in firm condition for the mile I don’t think this foreigner is going to be near the money, even with some impressive graded wins in Newmarket.

9 Guest of Honor
    ran just behind Mull of Kilough his last time out at Ascot, this horse seems to be the exact opposite of his counterpart. Guest of Honor seems to really like the firmer courses he found including some strong rides on artificial tracks in Europe. First time lasix looks to add to the possible improvement, but this is another horse I am not sure will fair well in this field.

The Apache is a really interesting horse in this field, as I have no idea what to think about him. He is coming off a decent fourth place finish in the G2 Sky Bet in York behind Granduer, but most of his wins have either come from time in the United Arab Emirates or his homeland of South Africa. And I have to admit, its not easy finding replays of races that occur in South Africa. In the end this horse is a huge question mark for me, and the morning line of 6/1 makes him even more intriguing considering his only workout was nothing super special over the Arlington turf a couple of days ago.

11 Little Mike
    last years winner of the Arlington Million is back to defend his title. That being said I think its going to take a better effort this year than the race he won last year, were he was allowed some very very soft fractions and was able to hold on to the lead. That pace scenario is simply not going to happen this year with the inclusion of Nates Mineshaft and a couple more who may press the pace. Coming off a 4th place finish his last time out at Monmouth, I just don’t see Little Mike holding off this field and he will be lucky to finish in the money.

Rahystrada who will get the company of Rosie Napravnik but I am afraid even that boost isn’t going to be enough to compete in this field. Coming off a win in the Arlington Handicap where he was near the front the whole race and held off Temeraine down the stretch. Has a tie for the top trainer angle on our sheets and the bump from Rosie gives him the Trn/Jck angle, but I still don’t think it will be enough to find the million at the end of the race.

13 Grandeur
    is the morning line favorite and is coming off a nice 2nd place finish in the Sky Bet in York. This horse has won in the states at both Hollywood Park and Santa Anita back in November and December. is making his third start off layoff and drops a bit in distance that may help improve as well. This horse has run well in the past and may deserve to be the favorite of this pretty even field. That being said, I don’t think the odds show much value in single race wagers, but this horse is an absolute must include on any exotic tickets.

pulledclear
    pulledclear's Avatar Become A Pro!

Kiss

OF

Death!

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3229

Good write up. In a contest involving The Million, and will take your info into consideration.

pulledclear

Indy Point DEAD LAST!!!!!! Hunters Light 10th!!!!!!!!!!! Grandeur 7th!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Jesus christ how can you be this bad! Nice write up!!!

BGboothA
    BGboothA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 212

Indy point ran horrible, Hunter's Delight got tripped and pulled up down the stretch. And my other pick won but was DQ'd, Let me see who you put out there? Ohhh thats right, you don't make picks you just call out other people, stay classy.

pulledclear

Short memory. I gave picks and they DOMINATED. Remember. You and that fairy started whining like cnts, so you can keep losing using your "Sheets". Take up checkers your AWFUL at this.