NY handicapper
    NY handicapper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 486

NY circuit analaysis sratoga/belmont/ big A/finger lakes

Hello everyone so i guess the reason im starting this thread or blog is because im trying to get my name out there as a good handicapper and more important helping the people on this site get better through full card analysis and making certain tickets like P3/P4 people can put there own picks down as well i really want to use this place as a place of learning and debate if anyone has any questions i will be sure to answer them as soon as possible my first card will be the monday card at the spa c u all then.

balls2wall
    balls2wall's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6601

I always like to see other people's approach.

Hope to see some good stuff from you

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3353

Will check out your thread and see how you well you handicap. GL.

dugbug15
    dugbug15's Avatar Become A Pro!

good luck,new yorker.

Slimpickens
    Slimpickens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6151

wildrides
    wildrides's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'll surely be following along. I'm new to the game and trying to learn as much as possible. Thanks in advance.

NY handicapper

finger lakes picks for monday 7/29/2013

thank you everyone for the support so far i will be starting with tomorrows card at finger lakes hope u guys enjoy
    If you go online to finger lakes u can get lakes lucky picks i will put them on this blog as well as the 2 local handicappers and keep track of the strike rate of our number 1 picks and now lets try and make some money

race1: interesting first race hard to get a price i liked so i went with the #4 Earl's Girl just like 6-7 ITM 3-4 ITM at finger lakes and improved off the drop for one of my favorite trainers troy smith 38% at finger lakes is stretching out for the first time and is also lone speed in my findings the 5 Sassidy will also maybe try and go for the lead which brings me to the #5 3 starts back switched out of Rudy Rodriguez barn to one of the top trainers Chris Englehart but has declined every race facing better takes monster drop but will most likley be even money 4-5 due to the connections.my last choice and to me this is a 2 horse race is the #2 Lions summit just always in the money at Fingers Lakes 4-6 ITM never out of the exacta at the distance 2-2 should be a fair price to maybe put on the bottom of exotic tickets
    NY Handicapper:4-5-2
    lakes lucky picks:5-3-4

race 2:very weak maiden field in the second but a horse that stands out a little is the #6Major John first time lasix trainer Troy Smith and jockey Rudy Ignacio are 38% together and troy is 43% with over 3 dollar ROI 2nd off a long layoff. NOw im a big guys with pace and long speed the last time the 1A went sprint to route he improved and was in the money its not gonna take alot to win here and maybe takes them wire to wire at a nice price for the entry also gets a leading jockey. the #4 Vixe squad 3rd start in the new barn dropping again just didnt do any running last time out but had a pretty good work since his last race maybe starting to get his form back
    NY handicapper:6-1-4
    Lakes lucky picks:4-6-2

race 3 for me this race is the race of which horse doesnt want to finish second i went with the #3 Cat Sonata but just been backing up at 6 furlongs but has multiple wins at the distance 3 straight improving beyers. my next choice is the #4Fiore Dicampo hasnt been in the money in 3 starts but is improving and i think gets a monster rider change 11% to 23% he is my first value play of the day. to find a third horse i put the entry in i like the #1's Security Guard beyers but not that he runs second alot and on the 1A Parkinson Field i like the rider change back to Chin Yang

NY handicapper:3-4-1
    Lakes lucky picks:7-E-3

Race 4 finally gonna pick a favorite on top i just like the #5 Financhialstorms first race back off a long layoff not to mention the great trainer stats for second off the layoff keeps the rider who is a very low percentage indeed the #1 Dupay is improving and has good back beyers. and the #6 Mickey Mcfly never raced on fast dirt and improved first 2 out the gate maybe just needs a fast track and if the other two horses go to low odds i will be using this horse on alot of tickets.

NY handicapper: 5-1-6
    Lakes lucky picks:5-6-4

race 5 the very competative has alot of fun to it a few droppers and horses improving the #4 Alis winter has alot going for here top connections dropping back into a spot where she just missed 3 back good luck getting over 8-5 the # 7 Baltic Coast is very interesting broke maiden in the slop sprinting been running in allowence now in for a tag and didnt run to bad in his last 2 could improve at a very fair price. the #8 stretches out for the first time been racing at Fonner park in Nebraska where he broke his maiden but first race at Finger lakes wasnt bad good beyer could steal if the 4 doesnt show up and last but not least the #2 NoFlaws 0-20 at Finger lakes but in good form needs to improve to get a piece

NY handicapper: 4-7-8-2
    Lakes lucky picks:4-8-3

race 6

its kinda hard to make pciks in these baby races and only one firster really showed me anything and that was #4 tope just like his drills and the price my second value pick of the day next i like the entry only horse in the field to run which is huge doesnt have to beat much in here and #5 Ready For The Day lots of works and gets a top jock
    NY handicapper: 4-E-5
    lakes lucky picks: E-5-2

race 7 the #2 Venturia for top connections just looks like the horse to beat but is going to be a terrible price i also like from a pace point the #4 Positive pitch who has been in it at the top of the stretch the last 2 and seems to be the only closer in this field and at what should be a 10-1+ odds the #6 Pams runner moving up may continue to improve

NY handicapper:2-4-6
    Lakes lucky picks:4-2-6

race 8 whne im getting like 6-1 on horses in the #6 Supsa and #4 Passing time with what i feel is a vulnerable favorite in the #3 Thomas Hill i will jump in the #6 is never out of the exacta t the distance and a win and third at this class in his last 2 races the #4 coming off a race in which he was very outmatch but before that cleared his allowence conditions and is good at Finger lakes and the distance the #3 declining in beyers won 3 of last 4 just trying to take a shot with good prices

NY Handicapper:6-4-3
    Lakes lucky picks:2-3-4

race 9 the #8 timotys boy moving up keeps jock after big race highest last out beyer the #7 Dylan Dangerous is just in good form may get good pace to close into the #6 Harolds Warrior ran an improved race last out and is dropping in class

Ny handicapper:8-7-6
    lakes lucky picks:5-7-4

these are my picks for Finger lakes tomorrow if anyone has any other plays dont be afraid to post them and my saratoga picks will most likley get put up tomorrow morning.

balls2wall
    balls2wall's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6601

Nice write ups NY

BOL

Slimpickens
    Slimpickens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6151

I dont know how good of an idea it is too post picks for so many to see at a track with such small pools. I will look forward to your Saratoga thoughts though. Good luck!!

NY handicapper

monday spa card 7/29/13

hey guys sry for the late up load i will do as many races as i can before 1 oclock and after that i will upload as the day goes by

race 1 fun first race a very tough favorite the #9 Madris good connections good trainer numbers 30% 2nd off the layoff the #6 Pyro city in good form has a win over the track Johnny V gets the mount interesting and the #4 Lifes a Roar in form will be a price 3-5 ITM at the distance

NY handicapper:9-6-4
    andy serling:9-6-4
    jason blewitt:6-9-4

race 2 hard to stay away from the fav #3 Wedding toast lost to a very good horse jonata last out every trainer stat is great the only negative can she get the distance the #5 Lunar Surge the very dangerous George Weaver just dont like how she backed up and lost 5 lenghs now going longer and #7 Proud Vixen best last out beyer but same problem with alot of horses in the race is the distance

Ny Handicapper:3-5-7
    andy serling:3-6-2
    Jason Blewitt 3-7-1

race 3 fun race for me the #4 kiss me lola good last race improving has a good race on the turf which no other horses have the #2 im smokin hot good connections rosie and dutrow my first value play for the day trainer stats are great aon my ticketnd if this horse can run you are getting a big price. the #7 wild one sire wins 21% of turf starters so thats the main reason he will be on my tickets

Ny handicapper: 4-7-2
    Andy serling:4-3-8
    jason blewitt:1-4-5

the rest of the races on the card i will upload my selections around 15 minutes to post good luck on your day at finger lakes and the spa

NY handicapper

saratoga selections continued race 4

race 4 i do like the #3 big screen shows speed 3-5 ITM at the distance and just two great races off the layoff. i like the entry next more the 1A with improving beyers just a big class hike.# 2 Don dulce in form moving up in class has 1 win at the distance

NY handicapper:3-1-2
    andy serling:3-1-4
    jason blewitt:3-2-1
    Last edited by NY handicapper; 07-29-13 at 01:21 PM.

NY handicapper

saratoga race 5

race 5 fun race on the grass the #9 horse figures with so much speed in the race i give him the nod with good trainer stats 23% first off the layoff and 2-2 at the distance my second value play of the day is #7 bold forest 3 straight improved races 4-5 ITM at the distance gonna be a great price the#1 cashleigh has good form and great tariner numbers and a hall of fame jockey swith to john velasquez.

NY handicapper:9-7-1
    andy serling:1-9-8
    jason blewitt:9-5-1

NY handicapper

saratoga race 6-7

race 6 is wide open i do like the #11 bizzaroworld last race was just the ebst and if he gets the lead look out #10 count knickerbocker been at the class a lot of other horses are moving up maybe that gives him an edge #3 holy endevor improving the last 3 races good win last out improves agin big price last but not least the 4 deferred asset broke his maiden done nothing wrong of yet needs to improve

NY handicapper:11-10-3-4
    andy serling:7-10-5-4
    jason blewitt 5-7-4-10

race race 7 good little race hard to get away from the favorite #3 ultimate empire just in form and been running better races the#6 Saturday appeal will be lone speed and at a good price needs to show he can go the distance #7 sea to sky has his 2-3 bck races make him a contender bad trainer stats off the layoff dont add appeal

NY handicapper 3-6-7
    andy serling:1-3-8
    jason blewitt: 8-3-1

NY handicapper

saratoga race 8

race 8 this is my best bets of the day and it is one of my favorite horses #4 dance to bristol just cant stop winning i like here here but there are other horses #6 glorious view just won a grade 2 last time out and has to a be a major player in this race # 1 Livi Mckenzie is such a live horse improving every race does take that step up but another improvement can get her in the winners circle my big value pick

NY handicapper4-1-6
    andy serling:4-7-3
    jason blewitt:4-3-6

NY handicapper

saratoa race 9

--race 9 another wide open race but i tend to like the outside and the dropper #12 Caribbean lady just has good trainer stats and a good wortk coming in #11 bullet -baby working great not gonna get a good price due to scratches but can improve #9 revenue tarined by Bill mott maybe this is where he gets that win on his birthday dropping not gonna be as good a price as the front two

NY handcapper: 12-11-9
    andy serling 9-12-11
    jason blewitt 12-9-7

NY handicapper

saratoga race 9

race 10 another wide open race #10 glassy aly big rider change in my opinion and just like two races improved beyers needs to improve to win #6 typhoon teri dropping has back numbers to win gonna be a low price #11 ferritto ha two back to back ITM at this class can get a share. my last value bet #3 Alexa just had a moster workout 48 flat out of the gate trainr stats arebt good maybe get a big price outof this field of horses that just dont seem to want to win

NY handicapper: 10-6-11-3
    andy serling 8-6-10-4
    jason blewitt6-9-10-11
    Last edited by NY handicapper; 07-29-13 at 04:46 PM.

NY handicapper

Finger lakes Saratoga recap

FINGER LAKES
    so a pretty good day for me at finger lakes both my value picks hit and overall i was 3-9 on the day 33% with my top selections so if u bet 2 dollars on my top selection each race u came out a 10.10 winner which is really nice.

my competition is lakes lucky picks which u can find on the finger lakes website and also a 3-9 33% day but with just a 2 dollar winnings on the day is more like breaking even to me

so for my own bankroll i started with a 50$ dollar bankroll and i must have 6 horses a race for a win bet 8 for an exacta 10 for a tri bet any amount in multi race and i can only bet 10 percent of my bankroll each race this will stop me from losing everything on a long losing streak but today i had a good day winning 11.30 so the bankroll is up to 61.30 and i can know bet 6 dollars race

SARATOGA

great day at the spa for me went 5-10 50% with 17.10 in winnings my 2 competitors the amazing andy serling also 5-10 50% and 6.20 in winnings and last jason blewitt who a respectable 3-10 30% lost 4.30

for my overall bankroll i ended up finishing 12.40 ahead 62.40 just need to keep grinding away with the finger lakes card tomorrow good luck to everyone

cutchemist42
    cutchemist42's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5801

I'll be checking in on this thread, nice writeups.

dise-pa
    dise-pa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4269

I'll check back..start small and grow nice

bigbertha
    bigbertha's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

hey are you doing one for todays races?

NY handicapper

sry guys for not being able to post my picks i was having trouble with getting on the website but in a way thats good im on a terrible losing streak 0-9 at finger lakes and 1-10 day at saratoga

here are the finger lakes handicappers so far and how well they are doing
    NY handicapper 3-18 17% -7.90
    Lakes lucky picks 5-18 27% -7-10
    dave mattice 0-9 0% -18
    the pan man 3-9 33% +4.70

my finger lakes bankroll i lost 23 dollars so im at a dismal 38.30

now for the saratoga standings so far

NY handicapper 6-20 30% +3.40
    andy serling 10-20 50% +17.90
    jason blewiitt 3-10 30% -4.30
    dave litfin 0-10 0% -20

my saratoga bankroll took a hot as well-15 for the day and the bankroll is 47.40

hopefully will get finger lakes selections up tonight as well as starting my saratoga picks thank u everyone for the support so far

bigbertha

Hey NY, how much $ do you bet on each race? and do you do WPS exactas or what?

NY handicapper

hey big bertha for me its all about bankroll management so if you start out with a 50$ bankroll i bet 5 dollars race or 10% of my bankroll that way when i go on losing streaks i dont go bust and i mostly play win bets exacta wheels and a few daily doubles for now as the bankroll grows then i can put wps and tri and p3 p4 bets together

bigbertha

thanks for getting back to me, how does the wheels bets work? and do you box your exactas

NY handicapper

finger lakes and saratoga

hi guys just wanted to let everyone know im gonna start off with race 3 at saratoga i dont even have a clue at the jumpers but i have the first 4 at finger lakes for u

race 1 #6 Z Lovlee Linda lone speed improving highest beyers dont really need to say much else #7 Lunch with Godzilla improving should stalk the #6 needs to improve should be an overlay and last the #1 buddy system good last race maybe if the pace breaks down she would have a chance

NY: 6-7-1
    LLP:6-7-1
    pan man:6-1-7
    dave mattice:6-1-7

race 2 i like the #4 B and B and even though he won his maiden on the slop baker should have the horse still in form doesnt face much here #8 Lightning Lu improving ran pretty even last out know stretches out 0-3 at the distance. and last the #9 another maiden breaker can show speed gets the weight drop needs to improve trainer jockey is 29% on 7 races together

NY: 4-8-9
    LLP: 5-1-6
    Pan Man: 4-6-1
    dave mattice 5-4-6

race 3 for me this is my race for a price #6 lotta *** 3rd off the layoff has been improving just missed last out horse does like to run second though #8 shes fired up dropping out of allowance company good trainer jockey combo good at the distance just dont want to take a short price #9 My Honey Laurie dropping from allowance company engleheart so u know money will be on this horse im proved last race may be in better form than the 8 going to be dangerous as get a leading rider as well

NY:6-8-9
    LLP:8-9-6
    Pan Man: 8-9-4
    Dave Mattice:8-4-9

race 4 #10 just seems to get it right now back to back wins nobody really comes up with big beyers doesnt need to improve much to win #3 Olton Alley i will always be a bigger bug player than most i like the improvement i feel this drop is trying to find a win and not trying to get rid of the horse #8 who what how just in really good form tried tougher last time and put in a really nice showing the one knock is that he has never won at the distance

NY:10-3-8
    LLP:7-6-4
    Pan Man:7-4-6
    dave Mattice: 7-3-5

i will update both tracks the rest of the day in one race updates good luck

NY handicapper

saratoga race 3-4

little busy around the house so i will just be posting picks today with no analysis but tomorrow full cards every race with analaysis

race 3
    NY: 6-3-4
    andy serling 1-4-2
    eric donovon 6-4-1

race 4
    NY 1-2-5
    andy serling 3-5-1
    eric donovon 4-2-5

NY handicapper

finger lakes

another losing day for me i really missed on value as long speed won but after betting lone speed earlier in the week and losing was a little cautious but anyway here are the standings

NY handicapper: 6-27 22% -12.50
    Lakes lucky picks 9-27 33% -8.30
    Pan man 8-18 44% +19.10
    dave mattice 5-18 27% -23.20

my bankroll took a little hit down to 35.20 now im getting low to where i need to just pick better spots

saratoga

messy day at the spa i like to take is real slow on off days and all i hit was a standout 8-5 in a turf race and missed betting the 3 horse in the 8th race due to going to work but still a positive day and im back in the black for saratoga

NY handicapper 9-21 31% +14.10
    andy serling 11-29 37% +5.60
    jason blewitt 3-10 30% -4.30
    dave litfin 0-10 0% -20
    eric Donovan3-9 33% +12.70

everyone doing well at saratoga pick wise my bankroll is back up to 51.80 as i was plus 4.50 today looking forward to fun cards tomorrow

NY handicapper

Quote Originally Posted by bigbertha View Post
    thanks for getting back to me, how does the wheels bets work? and do you box your exactas

a wheel just saves u money in my opinion if u want to do a 3 horse box for a dollar its 6 bucks but u cant like all them the same if u put your best opinion on top and put the other two underneath its only a 2 dollar bet for a dollar the only time i box exactas is if im getting a big price like 5-1 or more on every horse

NY handicapper

so finger lakes today u had to be on the lead to win yet i still lost another 13 dollar which brings my bankroll down to 22.30 i also did not get dave mattice or pan mans picks today sry about that

standings
    NY handicapper 8-36 22% -23.40
    Lakes lucky picks 11-36 30% -19.30
    Pan man 8-18 44% +19.10
    dave mattice 5-18 27% -23.20

saratoga pretty good day at the spa what a terrible dq in the last race would have made a killing still had the exacta made a 1.60 so the bakroll is up to 53.40 gonna try and make some moves on tomorrows card

standings
    NY handicapper10-38 31% +9.90
    andy serling13-38 34% +8.40
    jason blewitt 3-10 30% -4.30
    dave litfin 0-10 0% -20
    eric Donovan3-9 33% +12.70
    dave grening 2-9 22% -4.70
    Last edited by NY handicapper; 08-02-13 at 11:30 PM.

bigbertha

Hey are you doing Saratoga Sunday because I will be there and I'm curious to see what you got!

NY handicapper

i will try to put up my picks if i can bertha

Timmay
    Timmay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6751

Quote Originally Posted by NY handicapper View Post
    i will try to put up my picks if i can bertha
    Got anything for today?