Slimpickens
    Slimpickens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6151

Saratoga 3 Races (Monday)

3rd Race Aliraven

Should be the primary speed in this 6 furlong dash. Coming out of a race at Monmouth in which she broke extremely slow and lost all chance. Didnt run that bad considering the trouble and the fact that she was facing better horses than she is today with the exeption of todays favorite. The field she just faced run beyers in the upper 70's to low 80's consistently. Outside of the favorite the top beyers for runners in this race today are right around the mid 60's. I certainly respect the favoite #9 shipping in from Churchill who looks about 3/5 on paper but Im always dubious of shippers coming into Saratoga from Kentucky, especially favorites. Also greatly respect the #4 Full of Intent who started to get pretty good last fall but she hasnt raced since December.

Aliraven might not be the best horse in this race but if handled properly she should be the primary speed, that is always dangerous. Odviously have to hope she doesnt make a mess of the start today as she has too be the inside speed to win.

4th Race Slickuponatime has a live look to him

Making his 2nd start today for Bill Mott. Hesitated at the start in his 1st race at Parx then rushed up to sit a close 2nd to a lightning fast pace. The pace maker who finished 3rd in that race came back to improve his beyer fig 6 points in his next start. The 2nd place finisher in that race came back to win while improving his fig 6 points as well. So the race appears to be live enough. I dont like that Slickuponatime faded to be beaten 16 lenghts but the early trouble and especially the fast pace were very legit. Also will greatly help his price here today that he finished so far back.

Was playing around alittle with DRF Formulator and found some pretty good stats for Mott in similar siuations as todays spot. Over the past 5 years when Mott has a 3 year old male horse making his 2nd career start and going dirt to turf he has won at 25% with a ROI of $4.92, and 50% in the Money. When these horses are shipping into a new track they are winning at 42% with a roi of $8.20, and ITM 58%.

In the latest clocker report on this horse he went the published 4 furlong drill in just under 49 flat easily while in hand and galloped out 5 furlongs with good energy in 1:02:87.

Johnny V certainly adds to the appeal, when he and Mott have gotten together in the past year they have had there picture taken 33% of the time.

As I look through all the other horses in here there certainly isnt anyone to be to afraid of. Good type of race to take a shot with a price. This could posibly be a prep for a stretchout but after watching the replay and reading the clocker report I think he is super live.

Race 8 Deanaallen'skitten

Wont be much of a price but this horse is one of my favorite horses in training. She runs her race every time as she has been on the board in 16 of 17 races. She has won her last 2 races and comes into this in career form. Has been working steadily on the turf at Belmont and all systems appear to be go. I certainly respect the ML favorite Peace Preserver and I do expect her to be a real favorite in here, 6/5 range. To me this is a 2 horse race so I will take 3-1 on the #3. Should get good pace setup to close into as well. I guess the Clement shipper from France #4, could be the wild card as she has reportedly been training well in the morning.

BGboothA
    BGboothA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 212

I love the #1 ALIRAVEN in race 3. I have his 'StrongStart' rating of a +19.9 on the inside rail, the beauty of this horse is that our calculated 'StrongFinish' is still rated as a +1.1. If we can get anything close to the morning line of 8/1 I will be ecstatic.

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3353

Good write-ups.

mrginandtonic
    mrginandtonic's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4536

thanks for the write up. as i am always learning how people cap their races. I have not looked at the form yet, but if I remember correctly, Mott is also very good second time out starters. thanks again.

Slimpickens

Quote Originally Posted by mrginandtonic View Post
    thanks for the write up. as i am always learning how people cap their races. I have not looked at the form yet, but if I remember correctly, Mott is also very good second time out starters. thanks again.
    Yea, he is pretty good second out in general. In the past 5 years he has hit at 15% winners and 40% in the money with a 384 horse sample. Only a $2 roi of $1.57. Not suprising because Mott horses in general get bet. However when his 2nd time starters are making there 1st start on turf as well as dirt to turf 2nd time starters he has a positive roi $2.43 and $2.77 respectively. His numbers improve greatly when only including male horses for whatever reason.

The only thing is that most of those horses on the grass have been route races. Thats why I said possibly next time will be the time.

Slimpickens

Quote Originally Posted by BGboothA View Post
    I love the #1 ALIRAVEN in race 3. I have his 'StrongStart' rating of a +19.9 on the inside rail, the beauty of this horse is that our calculated 'StrongFinish' is still rated as a +1.1. If we can get anything close to the morning line of 8/1 I will be ecstatic.
    If the rider doesnt send hard and get clear by atleast 2 lenghts I will be very dissapointed. Very rare to get absolute lone speed in a sprint race. I see the NYRA cappers dont have her in there top 4 will be interesting to see how much money she takes. I am seeing now that the likely odds on favroite is now scratched #9. Will odviously make Aliraven a shorter price that she would have been but now a much better chance to win.

BGboothA
    BGboothA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 212

Yeah I think we will be alot closer to 3 or 4-1 on Aliraven come post. Still a solid bet. I think the 4th race is wide open and some nice prices could come in and take that one, I am playing a pretty deep double singling Aliraven in the 3rd.

Easy-Rider 66

Going with the #7 World Premiere race #3. Took Ali Raven as my alternate in a survivor contest. 8 Minutes before post Ali Raven 6/1.

JJJ
    JJJ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 704

2nd from last

Easy-Rider 66

Going with your recommendation of the #6 Race 4 from the Spa. Need at least a 3rd place finish.

Slimpickens

Terrible picks. Neither got off to good starts and they were both speed horses. Recipe for disaster. Sorry for posting.

Easy-Rider 66

Quote Originally Posted by Slimpickens View Post
    Terrible picks. Neither got off to good starts and they were both speed horses. Recipe for disaster. Sorry for posting.

No problem. Last race the #6 was making up some ground and then just flattened out last furlong. Can't win them all.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Can someone post PP's? Smoke shop sold out of forms and having trouble viewing drf from iphone right now...

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Quote Originally Posted by Slimpickens View Post

you'll bounce back... keep the plays coming!

Slimpickens

Just watched the head on replay the 6 steadied severly about 25 yards into the race then had to check again while racing wide throughout. Just added him to my stable. Guess I was right about the race being ripe for a price horse. Ugh.

DanL32
    DanL32's Avatar Become A Pro!

Javier and Rosario are just unstoppable

Easy-Rider 66

Going with Deanaallen'skitten Race 8. Currently at 5/2 second choice 18 minutes out.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

^

Going w/ PEace Perserver

On top of a few

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Easy-Rider 66

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post
    ^

Going w/ PEace Perserver

On top of a few
    Can't argue with the Peace Preserver. Looking for a little better price.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

34/1 carryover?

Easy-Rider 66

They let the #1 get away with slow fractions. Saved ground.

Slimpickens

And these are supposed to be the best riders in the world? If you didnt catch the 3's trip watch the replay. 4th at the rail 1/4 into the race but she's dead last and has to get spun 6 wide into the stretch?

Not too mention wtf was the rider of the 6 doing? She is a graded stakes winner at sprint distances and she cant manage the lead in a route? Just absolutely unreal. The 3 and 4 were almost certainly best.