lancelawson
    lancelawson's Avatar Become A Pro!

Problems with 5dimes

Dont ask me why but i bet a Pick 4 at Delmar with 5dimes. I had a horse scratch before the first race and no refund was given and they did not replace him with the post time fav. They tell me it is not eligible for a refund--has anyone used 5dimes and had this problem?

Slimpickens
    Slimpickens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6151

Quote Originally Posted by lancelawson View Post
    Dont ask me why but i bet a Pick 4 at Delmar with 5dimes. I had a horse scratch before the first race and no refund was given and they did not replace him with the post time fav. They tell me it is not eligible for a refund--has anyone used 5dimes and had this problem?
    You should have been refunded. Did you use the rebate racebook or the 10% bonus racebook?

lancelawson
    lancelawson's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think it was the 10%---any ideas on how to go about getting refunded. I spoke with them and they said this ticket was not eligible for a refund

Slimpickens
    Slimpickens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6151

Copied this from 5dimes 10% book rules. Unfortunately cause you did it in the 10% one you wont get anything.

Horse scratches are updated automatically by the system. 5Dimes assumes no liability for errors from data suppliers regarding horse scratch status. If you wagered on a horse before it was scratched, the follow rules will be applied:
    Win / Place / Show: All wagers refunded when the race is graded.
    Exacta / Trifecta / Superfecta / Quinella: Each portion of your wager, which involves a scratched horse, will be refunded when the race is graded.
    Daily Double / Pick 3 / Pick 4 / Pick 6: The post time favorite will never be used to replace a scratched horse. A selection with a scratch and one or more losers does not qualify for any refund. Only selections including all winners & scratches are eligible for a payout. Track consolation payouts are automatically applied by the system. If no track consolation is paid for a ticket with all winners & scratches, a win track payout price parlay will be manually calculated for all correct selections. The win price paid on each horse is used in a parlay to calculate the payout. This manually calculated payout will not be eligible for any extra promotional payout amounts. Contact 5Dimes customer service to have manual payouts applied.
    You may choose to forgo manually calculated winnings when scratches occur and have the only stake refunded. This "All Scratch Refund" request must be noted on your account before any wagers will qualify. With this option, any combination with a scratched horse is no action regardless of the outcome of selections in other races. Only wagers confirmed after this option is chosen will qualify for a refund. Scratched horse plays in multi-race selections are not automatically refunded. You must contact 5Dimes Customer Service within a week, to have your stake refunded on these selections when applicable.