homerbush
    homerbush's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3780

Just discovered derby wars

Great stuff. I know there was a negative post in the past but I am sure that was cleared up. I usually do good at handicapping contests but those always have like 300 people entered so hard to make money. Loving the heads up options.

balls2wall
    balls2wall's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6601

I saw that thread pop back up the past week or so. It sounds like everything got straightened out and both sides handled it well and are happy

I thought about joining, but I still am not very good and figured that would just be money down the drain. However, I guess it could help improve my game as well

DDT
    Head Mod In Charge
    DDT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2338

It's fun, I just never can seem to pull off a victory.

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3229

Quote Originally Posted by balls2wall View Post
    I saw that thread pop back up the past week or so. It sounds like everything got straightened out and both sides handled it well and are happy

I thought about joining, but I still am not very good and figured that would just be money down the drain. However, I guess it could help improve my game as well
    Derby Wars gives you a 1000 points when you first sign up and you can play for free to fine tune your game.

Slimpickens
    Slimpickens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6151

Yes, I like this site alot. Cant wait til Belmont starts hopefully they will have NYRA only games. I use the same name there as here Slimpickens.

homerbush

Quote Originally Posted by DDT View Post
    It's fun, I just never can seem to pull off a victory.
    Yeah my first day there I was totally killing it early in some thing then bam never hit board again. Look forward to tomorrow

balls2wall

Quote Originally Posted by Easy-Rider 66 View Post
    Derby Wars gives you a 1000 points when you first sign up and you can play for free to fine tune your game.

Thanks for the info. I will probably sign up this week and check it out

balls2wall

BOOO

I just registered and it was (still is) sitting on processing for the cc transaction. Paypal kept just kicking it back to the top of the page when I clicked it so I tried the cc route. I eventually decided to open another tab to see if anything went through and I had a message waiting on the home page saying my state doesn't allow playing for money!!! It registered me and gave me the 1,000 pts, but it is pointless to even play them.

oh well, living in the heart of the bible belt comes with it's drawbacks I suppose

Easy-Rider 66

Quote Originally Posted by balls2wall View Post
    BOOO

I just registered and it was (still is) sitting on processing for the cc transaction. Paypal kept just kicking it back to the top of the page when I clicked it so I tried the cc route. I eventually decided to open another tab to see if anything went through and I had a message waiting on the home page saying my state doesn't allow playing for money!!! It registered me and gave me the 1,000 pts, but it is pointless to even play them.

oh well, living in the heart of the bible belt comes with it's drawbacks I suppose
    Yeah, on the Derby Wars site they inform potential players of the 7 states on the restricted list.

balls2wall

I knew the state has laws against online games for $$, but I didn't even think about it since it was horse racing, which is allowed. I would have guessed that it would not be allowed if I would have thought about it.

Easy-Rider 66

Derby Wars is a great way to play the horses and minimize losses. And you might realize some big wins. Less decisions to make regarding $$$ management. And it's legal in the state I reside in.

homerbush

I have starting drifting towards tournies from mutuel betting because less decision points. I don't have to worry about all 15 betting options on every race which inevitably even I pick the right horses I pick the wrong bet.