Jotoole0821
    Jotoole0821's Avatar Become A Pro!

blue grass and arkansas derby

yall knew i was gonna make a thread about this...just getting it warmed up since we're still days away. i will update as soon as i learn the field and post positions.

Jotoole0821

ALSO!!! whoever johnny v picks for the derby...is your derby winner. im sorry but the field is really weak this year and whoever johnny rides will win

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3241

Quote Originally Posted by Jotoole0821 View Post
    ALSO!!! whoever johnny v picks for the derby...is your derby winner. im sorry but the field is really weak this year and whoever johnny rides will win
    Still not 100% certain Johnny V. Will be available as he suffered a cracked rib in a spill on Sunday at Aqueduct. He said he will be good to go, but he is off mounts this weekend.

Jotoole0821

He's out for 3 weeks he said. Orb or verrazano will win the derby

mikemca
    Update Status
    mikemca's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 98

Quote Originally Posted by Jotoole0821 View Post

Wouldn't bank on that.Think he would be wise to ride Pletcher no matter what he thinks of who is better between Verrazano and Orb.You could argue Castellano's decision is more meaningful between Revolutionary and Normandy Invasion.Regardless though it's far to early to make solid opinions.What if Johnny V rides Orb and he draws 20 or he picks Verrazano and he draws 1.

Jotoole0821

i just think whoever he rides will win. both horses are extremely talented but i feel more confident if the jock has a good feel with the horse. i read rosario will ride orb if johnny rides verrazano...which would be interesting since rosario is riding high right now

Jotoole0821

field for the blue grass
    1 Dynamic Sky, J. Rosario, 10-1
    2 My Name is Michael, S. Bridgmohan, 15-1
    3 Undrafted, C. Nakatani, 10-1
    4 Java’s War, J. Leparoux, 4-1
    5 Palace Malice, G. Gomez, 8-1
    6 Channel Isle, J. Rocco Jr., 30-1
    7 Uncaptured, M. Mena, 7-2
    8 Charming Kitten, J. Bravo, 10-1
    9 Tesseron, A. Garcia, 50-1
    10 Footbridge, C. Lanerie, 20-1
    11 Balance the Books, J. Castellano, 15-1
    12 West Hills Giant, J. Espinoza, 20-1
    13 Rydilluc, E. Prado, 4-1
    14 Fear the Kitten, R. Napravnik, 30-1
    15(ae) Divine Ambition, J. Graham, 50-1

great looking field!!!

Jotoole0821

http://www.drf.com/news/kentucky-der...ains-mount-orb

also The Arkansas Derby field from the rail out, with riders: Carve, Ricardo Santana Jr.; War Academy; Divine Ambition, Brian Hernandez Jr.; Falling Sky; Den’s Legacy, Robby Albarado; Heaven’s Runway, Israel Ocampo; Texas Bling, Calvin Borel; Frac Daddy, Victor Lebron; Overanalyze; Oxbow

mikemca
    Update Status

Looks like Rydilluc in the Blue Grass and War Academy in the Arkansas Derby to me.Price horses to put underneath would be Undrafted 10-1 in Blue Grass and Falling Sky 10-1 in Arkansas.

Rydilluc may be the best turf/poly 3 year old of his class if he handles poly like he does turf.Think he can dominate the 3 yr old turf stakes like Silver Max did last year.
    Last edited by mikemca; 04-11-13 at 07:04 AM.

mikemca
    Update Status

Quote Originally Posted by mikemca View Post
    Wouldn't bank on that.Think he would be wise to ride Pletcher no matter what he thinks of who is better between Verrazano and Orb.You could argue Castellano's decision is more meaningful between Revolutionary and Normandy Invasion.Regardless though it's far to early to make solid opinions.What if Johnny V rides Orb and he draws 20 or he picks Verrazano and he draws 1.

Jockey Javier Castellano has committed to ride Fox Hill Farms' Wood Memorial (gr. I) runner-up Normandy Invasion in the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I), leaving Louisiana Derby (gr. II) winner Revolutionary open, agent Matt Muzikar confirmed April 11.

3PtShooter
    3PtShooter's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16173

mikemca,,,,what your opinion on West Hills Giant, and Uncaptured in the Blue Grass

Oxbow and Overanalyze in the Ark Derby

mike enjoy reading your comments always makes me go back to the pp and take a better look and see what I missed or didnt see before, agree or diagree with your pics you make me look !! in another light thanks and good luck

Jotoole0821

the blue grass is going to be a fun race to watch and bet. im expecting bomber city! as for the arkansas...a little challenge to handicap but im leaning oxbow as of right now

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3241

Looks like Rydilluc in the Blue Grass and War Academy in the Arkansas Derby to me.Price horses to put underneath would be Undrafted 10-1 in Blue Grass and Falling Sky 10-1 in Arkansas.

Rydilluc may be the best turf/poly 3 year old of his class if he handles poly like he does turf.Think he can dominate the 3 yr old turf stakes like Silver Max did last year.
    What do you think about Balance the Books? If I remember correctly you said he was a horse to watch out for here in the Bluegrass. Ran poorly his last race. Thx.

mikemca
    Update Status

Quote Originally Posted by 3PtShooter View Post
    mikemca,,,,what your opinion on West Hills Giant, and Uncaptured in the Blue Grass

Oxbow and Overanalyze in the Ark Derby

mike enjoy reading your comments always makes me go back to the pp and take a better look and see what I missed or didnt see before, agree or diagree with your pics you make me look !! in another light thanks and good luck

I'm against Uncaptured as the favorite.He gained a big reputation by beating a bunch of mediocre fields.His 30 points likely puts him on the bubble for the Derby even if he misses the board Saturday.I think it would be unwise to run him in the Derby unless he proves me wrong and runs a huge improvement in the Blue Grass.He would probably be a big favorite in Canada's triple crown the Queen's Plate,Prince Of Wales, and Breeder's Stakes .

I'm a fan of West Hills Giant.Would be more bullish on him in this spot if not for the respiratory infection he got that caused him to miss the Wood.Because of that it's hard to say how he is doing but if I knew he was going to fire his best I would make him a contender.As it is I'll use him with Rydilluc but wouldn't be surprised if he spits the bit halfway.

Oxbow is the other one I would use in Arkansas with Falling Sky but I think War Academy is sitting on a big one.May just bet War Academy to win depending on price and/or box those 3 in Exacta.Definitely against Overanalyze .If it weren't Pletcher/Repole/Bejarano this horse would be 20-1.If he somehow wins I wouldn't be mad at all because at his likely price he is a big underlay.

Quote Originally Posted by Easy-Rider 66 View Post

What do you think about Balance the Books? If I remember correctly you said he was a horse to watch out for here in the Bluegrass. Ran poorly his last race. Thx.
    Yeah I thought he ran great as a two year old and was excited when C Brown said he was giving him a chance to make the Derby.I just can't find any excuse for his Spiral effort and if they think it was because he didn't handle the Turfway surface well Keeneland is just about the same surface.I wouldn't be that surprised if he runs well but I just can't back him until he shows it was a fluke.

3PtShooter
    3PtShooter's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16173

thanks for replying

mikemca
    Update Status

Quote Originally Posted by 3PtShooter View Post
    thanks for replying

NP and wanted to say thx for the kind words in my earlier post but got into my analysis and forgot.

Another thing about Uncaptured is that Tesseron isn't much behind him in ability and one is 7-2 and the other 50-1.If you like Uncaptured you have to love Tesseron.50-1 is a big price on a horse that was just favored vs Black Onyx and Crop report.

BGboothA
    BGboothA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 212

Blue Grass
    13 Rydilluc
    1 Dynamic Sky
    7 Uncaptured
    3 Undrafted

I really like Rydilluc and Dynamic Sky here, I think they can come strong here, Undrafted also seems to be pointing in the right direction.

Arkansas
    6 Heaven's Runway
    5 Den's Legacy
    4 Falling sky
    10 Oxbow

I think Oxbow stretches out and loses this race down the stretch to Heaven's Runway or Den's Legacy. I don't see the hype for War ACademy but I look forward to see this.

HBD's BlueGrass and Arkansas Sheets

Rimmo
    Rimmo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1332

Quote Originally Posted by BGboothA View Post
    Blue Grass
    13 Rydilluc
    1 Dynamic Sky
    7 Uncaptured
    3 Undrafted

I really like Rydilluc and Dynamic Sky here, I think they can come strong here, Undrafted also seems to be pointing in the right direction.

Arkansas
    6 Heaven's Runway
    5 Den's Legacy
    4 Falling sky
    10 Oxbow

I think Oxbow stretches out and loses this race down the stretch to Heaven's Runway or Den's Legacy. I don't see the hype for War ACademy but I look forward to see this.

HBD's BlueGrass and Arkansas Sheets

BG: Big fan of your site. The picks on the sheet are different than your post. Any suggestions on which one to play? Thanks!

Arletta
    Arletta's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 129

Quote Originally Posted by Rimmo View Post
    BG: Big fan of your site. The picks on the sheet are different than your post. Any suggestions on which one to play? Thanks!
    True.. I was wondering wtf to do with Undrafted now after seeing his sheet.

nvrlose37
    nvrlose37's Avatar Become A Pro!

No love for Java's War in the BG? You guys must've not see him close in TB against Verrazano. Horse is gonna close like a shot in this one at least placing. My name is Michael is getting blinkers too so I always like to pick horses first time wearing them.

BGboothA

Quote Originally Posted by Rimmo View Post

Rimmo,

Thanks for the kind words.....Just a little history on the site and the sheets. The sheets are the product of a computer program created by myself and two other horse guys. I use the sheets quite a bit and with a great deal of success. However, I still put in my own $0.02 when it comes to my money. Just like any good sheets, I never would recommend blindly following anything without putting your own thought into it.

Think about it this way....one of my buddy's who helped create the site and the formula's behind the sheets love's JAVA's WAR today. The other one just sent me a ticket and he is playing our picks in a keyed trifecta using Palice Malice keyed with the other 3 and Rydullic.

Quote Originally Posted by Arletta View Post

True.. I was wondering wtf to do with Undrafted now after seeing his sheet.

Arletta,

I can't discount Undrafted, our sheets have pulled some craziness and he is ramping up and should improve upon his last couple of numbers (indicated by the ++ on the bottom section). Undrafted could easily be in there, I am just not sure the pace model sets up for him very well. In my Personal opinion.

BGboothA

Quote Originally Posted by nvrlose37 View Post
    No love for Java's War in the BG? You guys must've not see him close in TB against Verrazano. Horse is gonna close like a shot in this one at least placing. My name is Michael is getting blinkers too so I always like to pick horses first time wearing them.
    Nice Call! I thought for sure the turf horse Rydullic would have been able to fend them off, but Java's came flying!!!

nvrlose37

Quote Originally Posted by BGboothA View Post
    Nice Call! I thought for sure the turf horse Rydullic would have been able to fend them off, but Java's came flying!!!
    On an awful start to boot and going 5 wide or so? That's the kind of horse you want in the jumbled Kentucky Derby

Slimpickens
    Slimpickens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6151

Seems virtually impossible to win a race on the front end this Keenland meeting.

mikemca
    Update Status

I guess I have to eat crow on Overanalyze.Ran like 7-2 was a gift ,I just can't figure Pletcher.

mikemca
    Update Status

Quote Originally Posted by Slimpickens View Post
    Seems virtually impossible to win a race on the front end this Keenland meeting.
    I'm still a Rydilluc fan.I think if you change his post and trip with Palace Malice he is in the win picture.Probably for the best though that he stays a turf horse cause the derby has knocked quite a few out for a long time.

BGboothA

I guess I have to eat crow on Overanalyze.Ran like 7-2 was a gift ,I just can't figure Pletcher.
    Yeah. Couldn't agree more Pletcher has becomea headache

joeyp1222
    joeyp1222's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

on an awful start to boot and going 5 wide or so? That's the kind of horse you want in the jumbled kentucky derby
    bg, javas war ran the exact race as the tampa derby being left behind the field by about 20 lengths and then came like a freight train twice hes derby bound and he will probaly run the same race again whether it be willie or julien riding

nvrlose37

I'm still a Rydilluc fan.I think if you change his post and trip with Palace Malice he is in the win picture.Probably for the best though that he stays a turf horse cause the derby has knocked quite a few out for a long time.
    I could see him the wire to wire type in the Preakness.

mikemca
    Update Status

I could see him the wire to wire type in the Preakness.

Nah you won't see him on dirt , he will go back to turf with eyes on the 3 year old turf GI's and think having to gun for the lead from post 13 was his downfall.

As for Arkansas that was some BS with War Academy.They backed him out of the gate then let him run anyway and he pulls up halfway through.