Jotoole0821
    Jotoole0821's Avatar Become A Pro!

Wood Memorial and Santa Anita Derby

another great weekend of racing! also keeneland opens tomorrow..love that track so much!! i love brown almighty in the trans. but lets get back to these two races

wood: Verrazano is back and coming to NY to try and take this...4-5 ML..3-3...looks like an easy winner...NOT SO FAST...vyjack is the horse to beat. horse has raced around aqueducts track already. home field advantage...love this guy to win by 2 lengths. going to wheel the field with him..hopefully bomber city..last time there was a heavy HEAVY chalk...

santa: hear the ghost scratched...flashback heavy fav. flashback losing last two races..i think super ninety nine takes this start to finish. if his speed can be spread out throughout..he will take this easily.

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3277

Yeah, Keeneland commences today. Best track imo.

jgs357
    jgs357's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 330

Me personally i always liked Saratoga the best. Its an amazing place and not alot of chalk

BGboothA
    BGboothA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 212

Wood Memorial
    8 Verrazano
    5 Vyjack
    7 Always in a Tiz
    1 ChrisandtheCapper

Santa Anita
    7 Summer Exclusive
    1 Flashback
    5 Goldencents
    6 SuperNinetyNine

Easy-Rider 66

^ Took your advice and put a little $$ on the Summer Exclusive. 20/1 Morning line.

mikemca
    Update Status
    mikemca's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 98

The Wood is the more interesting of the 2 imo because while Verrazano has looked like a beast so far there are a few questions.One, this is a big step up in class for him even if it doesn't look like it.He hasn't faced a field like this yet.Two, it would be wise for Pletcher to have his eye on V's next start and if he wins this with his B race then its gravy.Three is the extra furlong which a couple horses look like they will relish more so than Verrazano.Pretty much the same questions for Vyjack too.

KEY EX BX or TRI BX(4/2,5,8---2/4,5,8)

4-Elnaawi 12-1
    2-Normandy Invasion 5-1
    5-Vyjack
    8-Verrazano

As for the Santa Anita Derby I just think Baffert has too strong a hand.
    Flashback
    Power Broker

harthebar
    harthebar's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9724

mikemca don't you see flashback super99 and goldenscents all going out..........the two killed each other last time...........im bias on goldenscents........ I see him laying back ,being rated a little better ........and running a much better race , as for super99 r.b. rode him his last two and traveled a good distance . now he jumping off him going with power broker, ? is that the better horse ? or does he have a commitment to power broker, ? ive been committed to goldenscnts ???

mrginandtonic
    mrginandtonic's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4536

Quote Originally Posted by mikemca View Post
    The Wood is the more interesting of the 2 imo because while Verrazano has looked like a beast so far there are a few questions.One, this is a big step up in class for him even if it doesn't look like it.He hasn't faced a field like this yet.Two, it would be wise for Pletcher to have his eye on V's next start and if he wins this with his B race then its gravy.Three is the extra furlong which a couple horses look like they will relish more so than Verrazano.Pretty much the same questions for Vyjack too.

KEY EX BX or TRI BX(4/2,5,8---2/4,5,8)

4-Elnaawi 12-1
    2-Normandy Invasion 5-1
    5-Vyjack
    8-Verrazano

As for the Santa Anita Derby I just think Baffert has too strong a hand.
    Flashback
    Power Broker
    4- Elnaawi is my pick for the upset also. I just that horse is bred to go long. While reading n talking with friends, a lot of them like Normandy Invasion. I also think Mr Palmer has a chance to get in the exotics.

As for the SA Derby, I can't seem to find a clear cut winner.

TonyP
    Update your status
    TonyP's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1290

I like Normandy Invasion and will proly key this one 1st and 2nd in the super.

harthebar

santa anita race 3 MR SEXY NAJRAN BREEZE RACE 4 BROTHER GREG ALEADER RACE 9 GOLDENSCENTS FLASHBACK OAKLAWN RACE 3 MEDIUM OF EXCHANGE\\ D J's Hope is entered to run on April 6, 2013, at AQUEDUCT.RACE 3 Retreive is entered to run on April 6, 2013, at AQUEDUCT.RACE 9 MIKEMCA DO YOU LIKE HIM HERE..OR IS HE OVER HIS HEAD.....I LIKE HIM Show ImagesOptions
    Virtual Stable®

Close Hatches is entered to run on April 6, 2013, at AQUEDUCT. RACE 8 He's Spectacular is entered on April 6, 2013 at CALDER RACE COURSE.RACE 6 Sky Blazer is entered on April 6, 2013 at KEENELAND. RACE 4 MIKEMCA THIS IS THE HORSE WHO HADNO ROOM Marathon Lady ANDHung the Moon AND is entered to run on April 10, 2013, at OAKLAWN PARK. RACE 8 WOOD MEMORIAL VYJACK MR.PALMER AND VERRANZANNO

mikemca
    Update Status
    mikemca's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 98

Quote Originally Posted by harthebar View Post
    mikemca don't you see flashback super99 and goldenscents all going out..........the two killed each other last time...........im bias on goldenscents........ I see him laying back ,being rated a little better ........and running a much better race , as for super99 r.b. rode him his last two and traveled a good distance . now he jumping off him going with power broker, ? is that the better horse ? or does he have a commitment to power broker, ? ive been committed to goldenscnts ???
    If anyone can rate Flashback it's Gogo.Also don't think much of Leparoux on dirt so it''s a big upgrade to Gomez imo.Don't think Goldencents can rate.

harthebar

goldenscents cant rate that is the problem

chitowncraig
    chitowncraig's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4088

Thanks for the help at SA to narrow some of the horses down so I could hit the super 15/156/356/347. Didn't play the tri though.

Easy-Rider 66

Quote Originally Posted by harthebar View Post
    goldenscents cant rate that is the problem
    Had Never seen Goldenscents run but he rated well today at SA.