Jotoole0821
    Jotoole0821's Avatar Become A Pro!

major handicapping for the Tampa Bay Derby this Saturday

So, I live in illinois and these jags at congress banned online betting, so ill be at the offtrack. Now, we have the tampa bay derby saturday. You got the major player, Verrazano, and i dont buy it. he will be atleast 6-5 minimum, hasnt raced since i believe november? now i like falling sky and dynamic sky. Casse knows what hes doing with these two horses. its only tuesday but ill update as the draw the post positions tomorrow

xelemental
    xelemental's Avatar Become A Pro!

yeah please keep us posted. I am excited to follow your plays.

BGboothA
    BGboothA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 212

THis is set up to be a great race. I am also really interested in teh post draw this afternoon for this one. Dynamic Sky could show some value on Sunday, if Verrazano takes a great deal of the money.

ProPicker713
    METS!
    ProPicker713's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17

Verazzano might go off about 6-5 this saturday.

Jotoole0821

we got the PPs. Verazano in the 6 hole, Dynamic Sky in the 5. This is going to be great. Verazano is going to take HUGE money...johnny v and pletcher. but i like rosario and casse in this one. however, the undefeated purple egg is in this race as well. Also, Sky has been racing at Tampa for his last two starts, which could be beneficial since Tampa is a speed favoring track and you really need to dig deep if you attempt to close. heres a little article on DRF: http://www.drf.com/news/kentucky-der...ampa-bay-derby both egg and verazzano will take money IMO. i can see egg roughly 3/4-1 and verazz anywhere from 3-5 to 6-5. sky i believe could get sent off at 5-1 or greater. more to add as we get closer

BGboothA

Quote Originally Posted by Jotoole0821 View Post
    we got the PPs. Verazano in the 6 hole, Dynamic Sky in the 5. This is going to be great. Verazano is going to take HUGE money...johnny v and pletcher. but i like rosario and casse in this one. however, the undefeated purple egg is in this race as well. Also, Sky has been racing at Tampa for his last two starts, which could be beneficial since Tampa is a speed favoring track and you really need to dig deep if you attempt to close. heres a little article on DRF: http://www.drf.com/news/kentucky-der...ampa-bay-derby both egg and verazzano will take money IMO. i can see egg roughly 3/4-1 and verazz anywhere from 3-5 to 6-5. sky i believe could get sent off at 5-1 or greater. more to add as we get closer
    Yup, with so many of these horses making their first stab at two turns, I think this could be a race to look for some value. It wouldn't suprise me if Verrazano runs away with this, but I sure won't be playing him at 6/5.

I will also have a breakdown of this race closer to Friday night.

Jotoole0821

Quote Originally Posted by BGboothA View Post
    Yup, with so many of these horses making their first stab at two turns, I think this could be a race to look for some value. It wouldn't suprise me if Verrazano runs away with this, but I sure won't be playing him at 6/5.

I will also have a breakdown of this race closer to Friday night.
    true. this horse is the derby favorite. he should win by 5+ saturday but i truly think hes going to be overbet and tank. might also bridge jump the horse as well.

Jotoole0821

THEY HAVE VERRAZANO AT 4-5 ML!!!!!!! i did not expect that. he might go off at 1-5! Dynamic sky is 4-1 and im shocked purple egg is 10-1..i expect that to go down. falling sky is 10-1. this could be a major payday if what i expect happens

http://www.drf.com/race-entries/TAM/USA/2013-03-09/D

mikemca
    Update Status
    mikemca's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 98

I try to beat favorites at all cost but think you guys are trying to beat a tank with a bunch of rubber bands.Unless Verranzano drops Johnny V this looks like a workout.Beating these suspect fields does make him extremely vulnerable as the fave when he gets in the derby gate against horses that faced much stiffer competition like the San Felipe .

Jotoole0821

first time around two turns. first time at tampa. his last race was impressive but he only faced 4 rivals. i might be over thinking this but im thinking dynamic sky wins this. rosario goes all out on every horse.

illusion_b
    illusion_b's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by mikemca View Post
    I try to beat favorites at all cost but think you guys are trying to beat a tank with a bunch of rubber bands.Unless Verranzano drops Johnny V this looks like a workout.Beating these suspect fields does make him extremely vulnerable as the fave when he gets in the derby gate against horses that faced much stiffer competition like the San Felipe .

Oh boy.

mikemca
    Update Status

first time around two turns. first time at tampa. his last race was impressive but he only faced 4 rivals. i might be over thinking this but im thinking dynamic sky wins this. rosario goes all out on every horse.
    Good luck.I'm most likely not betting the race so I'll root for you .

Quote Originally Posted by illusion_b View Post

Oh boy.
    Care to expand?

illusion_b

Good luck.I'm most likely not betting the race so I'll root for you .

Care to expand?
    ....uh,no....

I think you expended enough for all.

mikemca
    Update Status

....uh,no....

I think you expended enough for all.

Well thanks for adding to the discussion, you seem to know what you're talking about.

illusion_b

Well thanks for adding to the discussion, you seem to know what you're talking about.

If you insist.

You could have opted not to post or could have said something like; Verranzano is too good, not picking.

But no.

You pretty much trashed anyone's opinion regarding their trying to beat this guy.There is no such thing as a sure thing.If there was, then you would be betting Verranzano----right? So there ya go.

BGboothA

#1 Illusion please don't come in here with your 9 posts and start talking about something you know nothing about. Mike is one of the reasons we all keep coming back to this horse forum. And he has a valid point with his thought process. Not listening to mike is not good for you bankroll.

That being said, Mike I agree that Verrazano, could be a super horse, but if he is bet down to 3/5 or even 1/5 you better believe that I am going to be playing to beat him.

illusion_b

#1 Illusion please don't come in here with your 9 posts and start talking about something you know nothing about. Mike is one of the reasons we all keep coming back to this horse forum. And he has a valid point with his thought process. Not listening to mike is not good for you bankroll.

That being said, Mike I agree that Verrazano, could be a super horse, but if he is bet down to 3/5 or even 1/5 you better believe that I am going to be playing to beat him.
    Uh, Mr.....I forgot your name.

Anyways!!....What did I say,exactly, that makes you think I do not know what I am talking about?

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3229

^ Yeah MikeMCA is one of the more respected posters in the horse forum. He gives out plenty of longshot winners. Agree with Booth that if Verrazano is a overwhelming Fav will try and beat him.

illusion_b

One more thing , Mr....I forgot your name again.

I'd rather you did not tell me what is good for my bankroll.

After all, with me having made a few posts.....you really don't know me.

You ran right into a corollary.

And I don't listen to anyone.

illusion_b

Quote Originally Posted by Easy-Rider 66 View Post
    ^ Yeah MikeMCA is one of the more respected posters in the horse forum. He gives out plenty of longshot winners. Agree with Booth that if Verrazano is a overwhelming Fav will try and beat him.

yay

Easy-Rider 66

One more thing , Mr....I forgot your name again.

I'd rather you did not tell me what is good for my bankroll.

After all, with me having made a few posts.....you really don't know me.

You ran right into a corollary.

And I don't listen to anyone.
    Give the forum a winner on the TB Derby other than the expected fav. Prove the Man wrong.

illusion_b

Give the forum a winner on the TB Derby other than the expected fav. Prove the Man wrong.
    eauxh!!

Ya!!..the gunfight at High Noon deal here, right? Loser leaves town.

Give me a stinking break already. All I did was to rap a loudmouth on his knuckles.That's all. I don't care how good you are.The people prior to "Mr. Beyer's" knockdown post were only having some fun in trying to beat the heavy ml fave."Mr. Beyer" could have chosen his words better.That's all I pointed out.

But he didn't.

Why all of you decided to go goofy, I don't know.

Easy-Rider 66

eauxh!!

Ya!!..the gunfight at High Noon deal here, right? Loser leaves town.

Give me a stinking break already. All I did was to rap a loudmouth on his knuckles.That's all. I don't care how good you are.The people prior to "Mr. Beyer's" knockdown post were only having some fun in trying to beat the heavy ml fave."Mr. Beyer" could have chosen his words better.That's all I pointed out.

But he didn't.

Why all of you decided to go goofy, I don't know.
    I understand your point, but Mike is not a loudmouth know nothing at all. He is one of the more knowledgeable posters about the racing game at SBR. That is all I am saying.

illusion_b

I understand your point, but Mike is not a loudmouth know nothing at all. He is one of the more knowledgeable posters about the racing game at SBR. That is all I am saying.
    Too kind.

For me, I don't care how good one is.One need not trash good people's opinion.

That is all I have been saying.

BGboothA

Too kind.

For me, I don't care how good one is.One need not trash good people's opinion.

That is all I have been saying.
    So are you pot or kettle????

illusion_b

So are you pot or kettle????

Dumb thing to say.

illusion_b

I'm going to stop here and let the thread on to better things.If no one else cans see my point other than ER....then they can't.

mikemca
    Update Status

If you insist.

You could have opted not to post or could have said something like; Verranzano is too good, not picking.

But no.

You pretty much trashed anyone's opinion regarding their trying to beat this guy.There is no such thing as a sure thing.If there was, then you would be betting Verranzano----right? So there ya go.

I wasn't trashing any opinions , just giving my opinion on the race which is a lot more than you have provided.There are no sure things but there are deserving favorites and vulnerable favorites.I think V is a tough favorite to beat.I may appear very firm in my opinions but the object is to get my point across with words so it is more dramatic than if we were having this discussion face to face at the track or otb.

Pretty sure the guy just clicked on the View New Posts link on top of whatever thread he was reading and decided to troll a subject he knows nothing about.If you read all 6 of his posts prior to this thread he only chimes in to stir the pot.

illusion_b

I wasn't trashing any opinions , just giving my opinion on the race which is a lot more than you have provided.There are no sure things but there are deserving favorites and vulnerable favorites.I think V is a tough favorite to beat.I may appear very firm in my opinions but the object is to get my point across with words so it is more dramatic than if we were having this discussion face to face at the track or otb.

Uhm.....

"I try to beat favorites at all cost but think you guys are trying to beat a tank with a bunch of rubber bands.Unless Verranzano drops Johnny V this looks like a workout.Beating these suspect fields does make him extremely vulnerable as the fave when he gets in the derby gate against horses that faced much stiffer competition like the San Felipe ."

Sounds like trashing to me.

I gave my opinion on you.

If I have opinions I will give them.If I don't,well then I won't.

Pretty sure the guy just clicked on the View New Posts link on top of whatever thread he was reading and decided to troll a subject he knows nothing about.If you read all 6 of his posts prior to this thread he only chimes in to stir the pot.

All of my posts here , except the very first, were to counter your board buddies.Where you get the above from....paranoia I guess.

You don't handle criticism too well.I think you should talk with posters;not above them.

Jotoole0821

as you guys settel your beef, tomorrow is the day! im also going to throw #3 cyber secret in the razorback at oaklawn as a potential threat.

jgs357
    jgs357's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 330

I'm really looking forward to this race I was liking #3 honorable dillion but trainer is 1 for 16 sprint to route in graded stakes. If over 10 to 1 I'm taken a stab with him. Any options? Thanks. And best of luck to all

mikemca
    Update Status

All of my posts here , except the very first, were to counter your board buddies.Where you get the above from....paranoia I guess.

Well here were 2 of your 6 posts before this thread.

And they lost to Ohio State by 12.

But keep hacking away,you'll figure it out....some day.

Why, given the advances of modern day medical technology and if you are now under the age of 8 ( which you do appear to be)....I think you have at least a 10/90 chance.

Oh gosh, I like this one too.

A career in advanced nincompoopism awaits you,sir!

I think you should try to add something to the thread subject instead of being a troll.If you actually gave an opinion you might realize that you are doing so because you believe you are right ,not that you are above anyone.Maybe you are the one that's a little too sensitive being you seem to have gotten offended just lurking but those you claim I was trashing are not.

I'm not going to keep going back and forth with this bs but if you want to talk about horse racing we can.

mikemca
    Update Status

as you guys settel your beef, tomorrow is the day! im also going to throw #3 cyber secret in the razorback at oaklawn as a potential threat.
    That's a good race.

illusion_b

Well here were 2 of your 6 posts before this thread.

I think you should try to add something to the thread subject instead of being a troll.If you actually gave an opinion you might realize that you are doing so because you believe you are right ,not that you are above anyone.Maybe you are the one that's a little too sensitive being you seem to have gotten offended just lurking but those you claim I was trashing are not.

I'm not going to keep going back and forth with this bs but if you want to talk about horse racing we can.

Back again,OutOfContextMikeMcan't?

You are no better than anyone else,no matter how hard you try.

You're boy is not a sure thing....not.There, I added.

12 Last