mikemca
    Update Status
    mikemca's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 98

Quote Originally Posted by Jotoole0821 View Post
    im also going to throw #3 cyber secret in the razorback at oaklawn as a potential threat.
    I'm liking Brethren at 10-1 but Alternation loves Oaklawn .

jgs357
    jgs357's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 330

Mike what do u think about the 3 at Tampa?

mikemca
    Update Status

Quote Originally Posted by jgs357 View Post
    Mike what do u think about the 3 at Tampa?
    He would be the one I would try to beat V with.Improving every start and should get a nice trip.

Slimpickens
    Slimpickens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6151

Quote Originally Posted by mikemca View Post
    I try to beat favorites at all cost but think you guys are trying to beat a tank with a bunch of rubber bands.Unless Verranzano drops Johnny V this looks like a workout.Beating these suspect fields does make him extremely vulnerable as the fave when he gets in the derby gate against horses that faced much stiffer competition like the San Felipe .
    Agreed. No more than a public workout and easy pick 4 single is Verranzano.

BGboothA
    BGboothA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 212

Just finished running the HBD numbers on this race. Verrazano is a 30pt fav in my system. Thats nuts. Maybe Mike was right. I still may make a play for Honorable Dillon who may have a shot if the pace goes off crazy.

But man, looking deep into the numbers it looks like Verrazano could run backwards and win this thing.

BGboothA

On a side note in the race right before the Tampa Bay Derby, the #5 Forces of Darkness looks interesting here.

mikemca
    Update Status

Quote Originally Posted by BGboothA View Post
    On a side note in the race right before the Tampa Bay Derby, the #5 Forces of Darkness looks interesting here.
    I think that's a good race to watch.Might be one or two good ones in there but 1)I think Forces of Darkness gets bet pretty hard and 2)Its always tricky to estimate how well their form transfers 1st time US but in France she has a 10 race streak without regressing(either improving or running par to previous race).

11-Stars To Shine at 10-1 would be much more interesting if Forces Of Darkness wasn't in here.

BGboothA

Quote Originally Posted by mikemca View Post
    I think that's a good race to watch.Might be one or two good ones in there but 1)I think Forces of Darkness gets bet pretty hard and 2)Its always tricky to estimate how well their form transfers 1st time US but in France she has a 10 race streak without regressing(either improving or running par to previous race).

11-Stars To Shine at 10-1 would be much more interesting if Forces Of Darkness wasn't in here.
    Wow, Stars to Shine...that is one of the first ones I scratched from my list. I just don't see how StS has the power to come on late, which I think will be needed in the long 9f race.

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9416

While Verrazano looks far superior I'm going for a price horse in 2nd and (who knows) possibly pull off the upset. That horse is #4 Java's War. Excellent record on the poly and turf as a 2yo including 3 two turn races. Had to break from the rail in Kentucky Jockey Club in a 13 horse field and ran mid pack while going 6 wide. Working, beautifully for this and, think he could get a piece at a decent mutuel

pulledclear
    pulledclear's Avatar Become A Pro!

Predicted order of finish

#3 Honorable Dillon
    #2 Purple Egg
    #6 Verrazano
    #1 Eton Blue

$10 EX BOX 1,2,3,6
    $40 Win 3
    $20 Win 1
    $20 Win 2

GL

illusion_b
    illusion_b's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by JBEX View Post
    While Verrazano looks far superior I'm going for a price horse in 2nd and (who knows) possibly pull off the upset. That horse is #4 Java's War. Excellent record on the poly and turf as a 2yo including 3 two turn races. Had to break from the rail in Kentucky Jockey Club in a 13 horse field and ran mid pack while going 6 wide. Working, beautifully for this and, think he could get a piece at a decent mutuel

As it turned out,I think you had the best take in this thread.

Exquisite work.

mikemca
    Update Status

Quote Originally Posted by BGboothA View Post

Wow, Stars to Shine...that is one of the first ones I scratched from my list. I just don't see how StS has the power to come on late, which I think will be needed in the long 9f race.
    I guess they pulled her up , must be something wrong with her.

Its moot now but she had several good races at 1 1/8 on turf ,won at the distance on synth ,and her best figure was at 1 1/4 on turf.They were a bit slower than Forces Of Darkness/Kya One but a little better than Mystical Star/Old Tune who were the 2 faves which is why I thought there was value there. Kenneally is something like 40% 1st time he runs a horse on turf after trainer change also.

Nice call

mikemca
    Update Status

as you guys settel your beef, tomorrow is the day! im also going to throw #3 cyber secret in the razorback at oaklawn as a potential threat.

Nice one...Atigun has to be one of the most consistent hangers ever.Hates to close the deal but always right there.

BGboothA

Gracias,

I read this, looked at him on my HBD sheets and he was rated as the strongest late push. Had him on a nice Show bet ( I chickened out of the place bet).

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9416

Thanks guys

Jotoole0821
    Jotoole0821's Avatar Become A Pro!

Damn dynamic sky was in position and had nothing! But cyber secret came through atleast! Lets get em next weekend boys. Also wow at fort learned losing Hernandez

BGboothA

Also wow at fort learned losing Hernandez
    That was crazy, I am glad I didn't bet on this one....

jgs357
    jgs357's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 330

Nice call with java hope u had the exacta. What happen to the 3. Looked like a mornin workout lol

First 12