robmpink
    Update your status
    robmpink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

Is There Any Advantage With This?

This is a stupid question, but I'll ask anyway. Is there an advantage to this?

NYRA tracks have a $2 minimum bet for the pick 6. So tickets with even moderate depth are pricey. I know offshore at some places I could do $1 pick 6 for NYRA. Still it is pricey. My question is if I could do 50 cent pick 6's and even 10 cents, does this give me any advantage at all?

I know an advantage is not going in the mutuals pool. Besides that is there any advantage I have with these lower bet denominations and getting to pick many horses? I know I'll only be paid 1/4 if I do it for 50 cents and 1/20 th for a dime.

For some reason I'm thinking the $2 bettors are putting up tons of money to get there bets in, but by being able to put a lower denomination in, it helps me more vs them.

I either have an advantage or there is no advantage at all. JUst want to have someone smarter tell me if it is true.

Yes I do know I am at a disadvantage with a 20k cap payout if I did win, which by offshore standards is great. Not worried about getting paid either.

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3353

Of course. More lottery tickets=better chance to win. But you will have to sacrifice the huge payout. But I would take 20K over nothing any day.

BGboothA
    BGboothA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 212

You already listed the disadvantages, so yes and no. If the payout is greater than 20k then you have problem. If not then yes you have a small advantage with the smaller way into the game.

Slimpickens
    Slimpickens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6151

What site is this? I know 5dimes take wagers down to 25 cents but the max they pay is 30k. Ive hit a few playing for 25 cents and 50 cent pick sixes there. Odviously it gives you much more coverage but if you end up hitting 5 out of 6 the payout is generally miniscule.

robmpink
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Slimpickens View Post
    What site is this? I know 5dimes take wagers down to 25 cents but the max they pay is 30k. Ive hit a few playing for 25 cents and 50 cent pick sixes there. Odviously it gives you much more coverage but if you end up hitting 5 out of 6 the payout is generally miniscule.

If 5 dimes uses dgs horse software, the same as SBR's, if you already didn't know, pop 10 cents for the pick 6 at Aqueduct or Santa Anita. See if it works.

Slimpickens

isnt 5dimes max payout 30 dimes? Not 20.

robmpink
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Slimpickens View Post
    isnt 5dimes max payout 30 dimes? Not 20.

I don't play at 5 dimes.

Slimpickens

Quote Originally Posted by robmpink View Post
    I don't play at 5 dimes.
    So you are keeping it a secret? This book that takes bets in incremenets of less than 1 dollar. Only offshore site that I know of that do this is 5dimes.